Discovery Gaming Community
Battleship Scanners, 250 Mil for 4k of extra cargo range - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Battleship Scanners, 250 Mil for 4k of extra cargo range (/showthread.php?tid=126105)

Pages: 1 2

Battleship Scanners, 250 Mil for 4k of extra cargo range - Stoner_Steve - 02-13-2015

Given the current scanning range of the battleship scanner compared to the deep scanner. I was wondering if any further changes were going to come to the battleship scanner, namely an increase in scanning rage or a decrease in price. It doesn't make sense that a deep scanner, valued at like 50k, has the same range as the battleship scanner with a value at 250 mil, en essence a player is paying 249.99 million for an extra 4k of cargo scanning range.

RE: Battleship Scanners, 250 Mil for 4k of extra cargo range - zslayern - 02-13-2015

Battleship scanner also functions as a battleship "license" just so you know

RE: Battleship Scanners, 250 Mil for 4k of extra cargo range - Rebirth - 02-13-2015

BS Scanner used as BS licence, I haven't heard that since .85. 75 % of the capitals (BS/Carriers) fly around with deep space scanners anymore, as they don't want to buy a BS scanner since it has no valuable use.
And please do not decrease(former increase, wot wot wot I know MISTAKES HAPPEN Q_Q) it's price, that would ruin a lot. It was 250 million and it will (hopefully) stay so.
imho increase the price of deep scanner

RE: Battleship Scanners, 250 Mil for 4k of extra cargo range - Stoner_Steve - 02-13-2015

(02-13-2015, 05:25 PM)Rebirth Wrote: And please do not increase it's price

(02-13-2015, 05:16 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: I was wondering if any further changes were going to come to the battleship scanner, namely an increase in scanning rage or a decrease in price

Your powers of observation are astounding

RE: Battleship Scanners, 250 Mil for 4k of extra cargo range - Rebirth - 02-13-2015

I meant decrease, I'm not a native english speaker mistakes happen eh it would be logically that it's decrease anyways

RE: Battleship Scanners, 250 Mil for 4k of extra cargo range - Kosa - 02-13-2015

I guess it's more of a symbol of status than an actual equipment of use.
Like the difference between a Mercedes and a Skoda. There is not much actual difference between the two if you look its usefulness. The extra power and comfort is rarely used but it's good for showing off.

RE: Battleship Scanners, 250 Mil for 4k of extra cargo range - Binski - 02-13-2015

Its a shame whats been done to the Battleship Scanner. The energy nerf was fair, stops snubs from using them. However now its pointless to have such a nerf, can't be that much more power needed to only get +4k of cargo scanning range, right?? RIGHT??

It seems to me that those making the decisions regarding cloaks must only be looking at the numbers on a grid, comparing them, but not really playing and feeling out how it really works out in the game environment. Not only did it kill the scanner's application but killed a lot of the market value people carefully chose to invest with. I gave up complaining because through the changes its quite apparent the main goal now is to eliminate any detection advantage one player can get over another. Ironically everything about all of this equipment, scanners, cloaks, that made me think AWESOME when realizing its capabilities has been removed, nerfed and repealed. But instead of the desired result the admins/devs were going for, I think people just rely more on the chat list now than taking a risk in game with the help of a longer ranged scanner, which was well worth the investment.

RE: Battleship Scanners, 250 Mil for 4k of extra cargo range - Tachyon - 02-14-2015

Not only is a BS scanner a way to show off, 4k+ cargo scan range and therewith being the best scanner, 250M is an okay price.

RE: Battleship Scanners, 250 Mil for 4k of extra cargo range - Hidamari - 02-14-2015

anything that isnt a combat capital ship of cruiser class and up should get 0% core recharge for mounting one.

and then it should get its stats back to how they were before.

RE: Battleship Scanners, 250 Mil for 4k of extra cargo range - Jack_Henderson - 02-14-2015

The stats now are a little lulzy for a prcie that that is... enormously higher than the standard equipment.

However, the experiments have proven that giving the BS scanner a significant advantage in scanning distance was used by traders to circumvent interaction with pirates. And that is detrimental for the game.

It would not feel like soooo overpriced, if it at least had +1k distance, or even +2. For the large transports it makes no difference, as they turn so slowly, and caps would have that little moment when the enemy snubs cannot yet see it.