Discovery Gaming Community
BHG| revival? Community input wanted - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: BHG| revival? Community input wanted (/showthread.php?tid=126478)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

BHG| revival? Community input wanted - Mímir - 02-21-2015

Faze is thinking about renaming and relaunching, and we talked about merging with and reviving the BHG|, and shape the RP and faction to fit with the split from Core.

There are a few former BHG| members in Faze who likes the idea, and we asked a few players currently using the BHG| tag, and some were for it and others against it. There is no clear leadership in BHG| since Scumbag, but the 9 players in Faze would like to carry the faction on with whoever remains from BHG|.

We see it as a good opportunity to put the BHG ID as well as the BHG| faction legacy to good use and broaden the roleplay a bit, rather than "just" being a Freelancer faction.

Since the current situation regarding the status of BHG| is a bit unclear, we thought it appropriate to ask what former and current players of the BHG|, as well as the community in general, think of this idea.

Should Faze merge with BHG| and revive the faction, or should we carry on our own roleplay and faction on a Freelancer ID? Any feedback is much appreciated.

RE: BHG| revival? Community input wanted - Black Widow - 02-21-2015

I think it is a good idea

RE: BHG| revival? Community input wanted - Jack_Henderson - 02-21-2015

I am in Faze, so I am allowed to say that (I hope, don't hurt me in the channel!) Big Grin

I didn't know what Faze is taken from and when I heard the link, I did not really like that too much. Still went along and it is fun to hund bounties. As Faze developed as something almost strictly legal, it felt like being "just the normal" BHG. Seeing that the BHG| has still a few players, but seemingly no leader that wants to get the faction up again, this is a chance.

I'd rather merge Faze| and BHG| instead of making a new [BHG] (random tag idea) and do a parallel organisation, being rivals for members, etc. That's silly, kind of.

Therefore: Yes, let's join the two and make one that is able to survive.

RE: BHG| revival? Community input wanted - Hannibal - 02-21-2015

you should talk to impy,the current leader of BHG|

RE: BHG| revival? Community input wanted - Zayne Carrick - 02-21-2015

I approve the idea of "normal" BHG coming back.

RE: BHG| revival? Community input wanted - Sciamach - 02-21-2015

[ SHRUGS AUDIBLY ]

Memory serves, blue blaze presently uses the BHG ID

talk to them about stuff

RE: BHG| revival? Community input wanted - Bulldog. - 02-21-2015

(02-21-2015, 07:33 AM)Hannibal Wrote:
you should talk to impy,the current leader of BHG|
Well clearly BHG| is basically dead activity wise. It would be wise to let this happen

(02-21-2015, 07:41 AM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: I approve the idea of "normal" BHG coming back.

This

RE: BHG| revival? Community input wanted - Pavel - 02-21-2015

BHG is cool faction, and I like it a lot. Bring it back guys!

RE: BHG| revival? Community input wanted - Apollon - 02-21-2015

Finally, BHG| Should have been revived long ago.

RE: BHG| revival? Community input wanted - aerelm - 02-21-2015

As one of the old BHG|, MM~, Reavers, and a whole lot of generic mercs over the years, I have to say this is not that good of an idea.

Pvpwhore-wannabes are better off in merc factions, and it's not meant as an insult, just an observation. It's the play style that defines the role, and people behind the character are the ones that define the play style. The old BHG| had a more laid back approach at bounty hunting and PvP, and even though there were a considerable number of decent PvPers in the faction over the years, they didn't put PvP and blues at top of their priority list, and actually focused on playing a bounty hunter, rather than just collecting bounties. Based on the numerous run-ins I've had with Faze, Blaze and the general Reaver copycat population over time, they all appear to be PvP oriented factions (which is not essentially a bad thing, but) if such play style is incorporated into the BHG|, it'd turn them into yet another gang of trigger-happy gun-for-hires with no distinct feature of their own.

To represent the official bounty hunter faction and to act as an example for every other hunter out there, you'd first need to reconsider your approach at hunting bounties. As things currently are, your group and groups similar to yours aim to post as many blues on boards as possible, and even though there's nothing wrong with that and that's why we have hunters in the first place, an official entity representing the main bounty hunting organization of vanilla needs to be more than that, and needs "hunter roleplay" on top of "hunter gameplay" - not just on forums, but ingame as well.

tl;dr - No offense to you bunch, but your play style does not suit anything more than a small-time merc gang, as you currently play. BHG| (ideally) needs to be more than that, and while your groups have only been active in "hunter gameplay", a BHG| faction needs to contribute to the server and the community with "hunter roleplay" on top of that.