Discovery Gaming Community
Guard ID's in 4.85 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Guard ID's in 4.85 (/showthread.php?tid=12662)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Tenacity - 10-01-2008

I've only heard rumors and such about how ID's are being changed... so I'd like some clear answers:

-Are actual guard ID's being added? Meaning only obtainable with friendly guard faction rep?

-Are guard tags being changed to indicate that you do have the tag? I.e. right now I have an order guard tag, but it still just says Order-Aki.Kimura for my character name. Will it be changed to read Order Guard-Aki Kimura?

-Are high end capital ships being restricted to Guard ID's? I'm fully supportive of that, since it keeps more people out of battleships, carriers, battlecruisers, etc. If this is a yes, I'd like to suggest having both the Osiris and Order Light Carrier require Order Guard ID, people who dont want to work for that can go with the destroyer or gunboat being added.

-If the above is correct, are those high end capships (battlecruisers, carriers, battleships, etc.) having their selling locations moved to guard system bases?

Guard ID's in 4.85 - SanjitVignesh - 10-01-2008

I agree with you on moving the cap ships to the guard systems. It seems good and I hope it gets implemented. Gunboats should be the only cap ships sold out of Guard systems.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Elvin - 10-01-2008

' Wrote:-Are high end capital ships being restricted to Guard ID's? I'm fully supportive of that, since it keeps more people out of battleships, carriers, battlecruisers, etc. If this is a yes, I'd like to suggest having both the Osiris and Order Light Carrier require Order Guard ID, people who dont want to work for that can go with the destroyer or gunboat being added.

Full support on that. Would be great to make that true.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Othman - 10-01-2008

Actually, being friendly with guards should be harder than it is now, for some factions. Moving all caps to guard systems could be tricky. About battleships though, it could be considered.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Tenacity - 10-01-2008

' Wrote:Actually, being friendly with guards should be harder than it is now, for some factions. Moving all caps to guard systems could be tricky. About battleships though, it could be considered.

Battlecruisers, Battleships, and Carriers - that's all I ask. Gunboats, Gunships, Destroyers, and Cruisers should still be available to the non-guard system bases.

I'm just hoping to not see this influx of new order pilots who dont know how to RP and are grabbing Order carriers off the shelves at toledo like they're candy. That thing appears, from what I've heard, to be basically a battlecruiser stats-wise, so it shouldnt be going to everyone or we'll end up with a situation like the bounty hunter BC's.

Guard rep isnt a problem for me, as i'm already guard tagged with aki.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Othman - 10-01-2008

' Wrote:Battlecruisers, Battleships, and Carriers - that's all I ask. Gunboats, Gunships, Destroyers, and Cruisers should still be available to the non-guard system bases.
Sounds fair enough to me.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - me_b_kevin - 10-21-2008

i'm hoping the guard ID's will eliminate the transfer of capital ships between allies, to which i don't necessairly agree with.

for example: a corsair flying an Osiris. now it doesn't make sense for them to fly one considering they have their own Battleship now.

i just don't see allies being that forth coming with their signature tech. i could kinda see exchanging fighters....maybe....but if i were, let's say, the Order i wouldn't want to share my top secret weapons/ships with anyone.

but i am a Strict RP critic so in my eyes factions should be using their own ships & weapons anyway....why else would they have their own proprietary tech?

Guard ID's in 4.85 - beander2 - 10-21-2008

' Wrote:-Are high end capital ships being restricted to Guard ID's?

Judging from the IDs, it appears gunboat and above are being restricted to Guard ID.

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Monk - 10-21-2008

Gunboats too?

Sheesh...hello rulelancer

EDIT: to be more constructive....the GBs i have are actually have high guard rep or even guard tagged, personally I think it makes more sense in RP. That is just my opinion however, I do not like forcing this on people. The big ships I can understand, sort of. I think this is just a bit too far in restricting the game, imo

Guard ID's in 4.85 - Jinx - 10-21-2008

hm - but that was what the majority of those posting here on the forum wanted...

restriction of capital ships... - now its been taken into the rules. - whats wrong with it?

and its a fair step - all factions, no exceptions limit the use of their warships to the guard - which itself will limit the warships to a very strict ZoI. .... if one reads the latest threads about capship abuse - that is exactly what was being asked for.