Discovery Gaming Community
Junker flying a Bison - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Junker flying a Bison (/showthread.php?tid=126621)

Pages: 1 2

Junker flying a Bison - candytripn - 02-23-2015

So.. I'm fresh back after a long absence (way back in 08) I've returned.. Picked up where I left off by remaking my Junker toons. Salvager, Recycler.. and the new Wrecker (loving that one).
Anway.. I'm trying to get good with the Congress.. so off to supply one of their bases. They've got a few more members doing the same.. and I notice they're all flying the Bison Transport. It's 4300, and thats the Junker limit. ok. I also caught wind that the Pilgrim "Slave" Liner was changed to drop it's cargo to 3500ish. That was my go-to large transport. So.. not wanting the flak from flying a Pirate Train (and not quite prepared to flesh out some RP to acquire one legally, though I plan to) I pick up a Bison.
I had to haul 80k of RA to two separate bases.. and decided the 100mil was worth it over using my salvager, and seeing as I was only transporting legal cargo through trade lanes locally, thought I was ok.
Well,. fast forward a day or two and I've caught some flak from more than one LN tagged ship. The Last actually said "Oh look here.. another Junker in a Bison.. where'd you get that ship?" or at least close to that.
Now.. I don't mind RPing a purchase, infact.. my forum rp is very limited, and I've been itching to get into it more. Should I forgoe this ship and RP the purchase of one? Is it odd for a Junker to fly the Bison? Lets be real.. we all need to make money in this game.. so it's either trade, smuggle, or pirate.. at least on one toon. I don't wanna seem out of place, and don't mind switching up if I have to, but I'd like some feedback. I saw at least 3 other official factioned Junkers rocking these ships, but honestly.. I've no idea the RP they put in to get them. Looking at the Wiki (which is sadly outdated) I only see a few 4300 transports, and the Liberty seems the most reasonable. So.. yeah, am I good? Do I rp it out and pay someone? If so.. who controls this ship. Info card says it was a military ship.. of sorts, but found use in the private sector. Any advice would be appreciated Smile

RE: Junker flying a Bison - Fluffyball - 02-23-2015

It's kinda off, since you got like 10% core on that, I believe. Unless I'm wrong and it's 75%.

RE: Junker flying a Bison - Stoner_Steve - 02-23-2015

75% nerf, I just bought mine from the shipyard as its a "public" vessel. I wouldn't go to Rhineland with it though

RE: Junker flying a Bison - candytripn - 02-23-2015

It's 75%.. but regardless. Maybe those guys I saw are just using it for the cargo and nor really any RP. I'm gonna retire her for now, until I get more feedback. I honestly don't want to roll a Cooperate type just for the cargo.. so I'll stick to my Salvager for now.

RE: Junker flying a Bison - Lythrilux - 02-23-2015

Send a comm to DSE. I'm sure they'll be happy to give you one.

RE: Junker flying a Bison - Alexander - 02-23-2015

Well I use bison for my JM char . Never had problems nir in liberty nor in rheinland

RE: Junker flying a Bison - Hermes - 02-23-2015

Junkers can use bisons but the technology efficacy will drop to 75%
I don;t know why, since it's a civilian , it shouldn't drop the tech to 75%

but other than that, using it makes no problems in liberty or rhienland

regards,
Xenon

(02-23-2015, 11:15 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Send a comm to DSE. I'm sure they'll be happy to give you one.

Will do.. Like I said,, I've really been itchin to get into some forum rp (I'm a table-topper from childhood) I just feel a little.. intimidated hopping into others forums. Guess I gotta pop my forum rp cherry some time ;p

RE: Junker flying a Bison - Sylvie557 - 02-23-2015

There has been some friction between congress and Liberty lawfuls lately and it might just be a LN RPing being frustrated at Junkers. Not saying you shouldn't go ahead and RP buying it from DSE or something just letting you know why the LN might have been acting annoyed at you.

I have noticed that.. especially with the LSF, and had one encouter where the LSN backed up the orders of the LSF.. good stuff in game wise. But this seemed more.. confused? The LSN giving me flak was actually pretty sympathetic to the Junkers, citing something along the lines of individuals don't represent the whole.. rather enjoyable. I've just sent my request to DSE) so I'll just take that route..

thanks for the quick replies Smile