Discovery Gaming Community
The Scrap Project //(All Tinkers & Invited) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Scrap Project //(All Tinkers & Invited) (/showthread.php?tid=126759)

The Scrap Project //(All Tinkers & Invited) - Sturm347 - 02-27-2015

The backroom again thought Sturm, well atleast its for something more for the benefit of T&T rather than someone else's. He started to pull up the data on the freighters up the screen and started to study each. He thought, Fynn might be right, a freighter may note be suited for this type of expedition since it may take them a long time between resupply. A transport might be suited but that all depends on what equipment they would be carrying and how many crew they would need. It still needed a lot of study, he began to pull up data on transports as well. This might take awhile Sturm told himself.

RE: The Scrap Project //(All Tinkers & Invited) - FynnMcScrap - 02-27-2015

Fynn came in a while later, still carrying his datapad and the slimfoils and grinning broadly.

"Hey there, Sturm. I brought some printouts of currently available ships and a lot of data.
I don´t know if Basti will be joining us, but I told Olsen to come over and send in any of the Seniors passing."

Fynn sat down and started to ponder some printouts.

"So, what do you think ... shall we plan for a simple long range scrapper, or shall we think about a real exploration and research vehicle ? Perhaps even ask TAZ for some support in Tech ? "

RE: The Scrap Project //(All Tinkers & Invited) - FynnMcScrap - 02-28-2015

<<< after some researching and friendly bickering over ship layouts >>>

Do we by the way have any report on suposed scrapping ability of the corvo ?
Hm... http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Corvo

*sighing* well if it´s enough to let us check for minerable substances that should be ok.
Still... I would like to think about perhaps outfitting a special long range Salvager ?

http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Salvager

RE: The Scrap Project //(All Tinkers & Invited) - Doreen - 03-01-2015

Doreen entered the room with her datapad. "My calendar automatically updates when you schedule a meeting so I figured I'd best show up," she explained as she took a seat between them. "So what's going on? Anything that involves medical?"

RE: The Scrap Project //(All Tinkers & Invited) - FynnMcScrap - 03-01-2015

Fynn looked up from the slimfoil printouts and smiled at the Havens beautiful chief resident.

"Actually it might. Doreen , I know you have been around space as long as I have been, and are probably more knowenledgeable about the outer reaches of Sirius than I am. Sturm here might beat your knowledge to certain far away systems but nobody here will beat your experiecnes with Zoners and their Zone of Influence."

He passed her the printouts showing some layout plans and scetches of a Corvo.

"Mr. Walker is returning, still looking for his daughter. And Sturm and me where always looking or new deposits, old wrecks to salvage and other opportunities. Also both the mission to fetch back Walker from the Omegas and to evacuate Shaw and the La_Amistad showed us that we need a fast, agile reconnaissance vehicle. Well... and now we are dreaming."

The joung Junker winked at Doreen, his grin nearly splitting his face

"After all, we have funds to spare. The Galena Park projekt has drawn so much Interest by local civilians on Houston that most of the money we had reserved for it will be free to reinvest somewhere else. So if you need something for the hospital or have a suggestion for a scientific station on board our new little toy here... dont be shy."

RE: The Scrap Project //(All Tinkers & Invited) - Sturm347 - 03-01-2015

"Hi Doreen, come on in. This project is about scrap exploration actually. We wanted to study premium scrap, like maybe put a classification on it, Grade A, B and so forth and also maybe explore outer reaches of Sirius in the hope we may find alternative sources of scrap?"

Sturm gestured Doreen to come in and have a seat.

"Me and Fynn we're discussing what particular ship would fit as an Exploration Vessel and a Mobile Laboratory. Heck might as well install a mobile clinic there since we're probably experts in that field now, thanks to you."

"Now initially I wanted to just use a freighter for that purpose but after several discussions on what the vessel should be with equipment for mining and for the mobile lab/clinic, we might need a transport after all."

"Fynn? I know you really wanted a corvo but we may have to put that further down the line. The important thing right now is to get this thing out of the planning stage and put it into an actually experimental stage. Maybe put a prototype ship out there to study premium scrap in Texas for now so we can just get this started and maybe get some early results. But even with our prototype ship it already has to be a size of a transport. Early suggestions coming from Fynn are maybe getting a license from Congress to acquire a "Salvager" scrapper/transport, which actually nice but with congress busy with their trial, it might take sometime. Which brings me to two particular ships I had in mind, "
"First is our old reliable relief ship which is the Pilgrim Liner, one is that it is built for long range, its big enough, we could certainly fit a mobile clinic and a mobile laboratory in it, it has an option for two docking modules which we can use, maybe a small mining craft to extract the scrap and bring it onboard and also a small rescue vehicle as well."
"The second option I had in mind is the Heron Civilian Train, what I like about it is its modular cargo bay, with four modules which we can be the Lab, the clinic, and we have two other module to plan for as well."
"Doreen? I'm not really an expert when it comes to zoner tech, if you have some suggestions, we would be happy to hear them. You might be even interested to study the extended effects of scrap field radation."

Sturm thought he already said a mouthful. He sat down and turned to Olsen's delicious treats that he already had served.

RE: The Scrap Project //(All Tinkers & Invited) - Doreen - 03-01-2015

She returned the wink to Fynn as she studied the plans. "Corvos are nice ships," she responded. "I know John Holliday uses two of them in his Enterprise but he would be the first one to tell you that while they're great for medical facilities, don't get into a fire fight with one as they are weak in that area."
She continued, "And I think with Zoner legal issues, the only people they'll willingly sell them to are Zoners."

She looked at the Pilgrim and scratched her chin, "I've never seen the inside of one of these but I've heard that re-configured, they make great hospital ships and they don't violate house law as far as cap ships go." She studied it some more and nodded, "I'm thinking that's the way to go."

A thought crossed her mind about available funds. "I just assume we bank at least some of it should we need it for some hard time but if you're looking for investment, a good greenhouse at Galena Park would allow us to home grow a lot of our medicines. We can save expense that way, bank the savings and maybe even sell off extra for profit." She shrugged, "It's just a thought."