Discovery Gaming Community
Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds (/showthread.php?tid=126831)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - Echo 7-7 - 03-01-2015

The above map represents some of the systems changes currently planned, primarily encompassing the Independent Worlds and adjoining systems. These changes are aimed at streamlining activity and making several unused systems more useful, such as the old guard or niche systems of Ellesmere, Luneburg, Vespucci, Omega 55, and Sigma 59.

Please note that the changes presented here supercede this thread in case of conflicts, which will be updated soon. (Edit: That thread has been locked, expect more threads like this in future focussing on particular regions.)

Change log:

Sigma-21 - Formerly Ellesmere. Alert Station and Griese Fjord Shipyard moved to Alaska. Alert Station has been recycled as a Division 9 base in <LOCATION REDACTED>.

Sigma-15 - Formerly Luneburg. No longer a Guard system.

Sigma-59 - De-guarded, layout currently being revised. Now features JHs to Okinawa, Omicron Beta, Sigma-19, and Sigma-21. These new Sigma systems will expand on an underdeveloped region of Sirius, and will serve as a major battleground for coming story developments involving Kusari, Rheinland, the GMG, Outcasts, and Corsairs.

Coronado/Manchester link - A quicker route through the barrier pass now than going via Cortez, to encourage smugglers to go through Bretonian space. This should offer more chances for interaction between Bretonian lawfuls and smugglers.

Inverness - Newcastle JH changed to Manchester JH. Added a Kansas JH.

Humboldt - Removed. Fortaleza Base moved to Kansas. Ore fields moved to Vespucci.

Vespucci - Layout revised. Now open to all friendly to the Legion, Vespucci's resources are free to be exploited. America Base serves as a freeport for vagabonds and traders, and the completion of Guadalajara's docking ring will allow for refugees from the Gallic war front to settle in relative peace.

Vespucci/Saar link - with the Hellfire Legion having had good relations with Rheinland's revolutionaries for years, this back alley to Rheinland will allow for collaboration of forces located in the region, and provide a new - and potentially dangerous - route for smugglers in and out of Rheinland.

Omegas-55 and Omega-58 - Filling a plot hole that vanilla left behind, Omega-55 becomes the Omega-15 of old, with a strange planet hosting alien ruins having been discovered by Rheinland, starting the nomad war. While indentical to the old Omega-15, this system now has Wilde bases, making it a dangerous frontier for explorers and scrap miners. The remnants of the system now known as Drake, Omega-58 serves as a dangerous passage between the Omegas and Omicrons.

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - Jayce - 03-01-2015

Time to go change all of my RP regarding Eureka, then.

EDIT: Thanks for giving the LSF back their single most important station, bae.

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - Shinju - 03-01-2015

Huge ZoI for GMG YAY!! Also goood work!!

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - Loki557 - 03-01-2015

So Saltese becomes useless than I see...

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - Miaou - 03-01-2015

I would like to know why Vespucci is two jumps away from Stutgart? That's a fairly big route change for people going from Rheinland to Bretonia. Doesn't really promote interactions and makes the omegas an unused route between the two houses.

I don't understand Sigma-21 as well. This is now a solid link, though not legal, route between liberty and the sigmas. The point of the sigmas was to connect kusari and rheinland and not have liberty be able to have any interest in the sigmas.

A second change which might tie into the original 4.88 release is the Sigma-17 to Minor holes. That's a massive shift to suddenly have the sigmas directly connected to the omicrons core instead of just the omicrons concerning Outcast/Sairs.

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - Sarawr!? - 03-01-2015

Looks pretty neat to me, although I do have to ask why you bothered "redacting" the location of the Division 9 base, I mean that's fine for inRP stuff, but should you guys really be doing things like that with OORP information?

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - Ponge - 03-01-2015

Um, as far as I knew, Humboldt ore fields were to be moved to Kansas. Why the change? How will pirates pirate the miners then in Legion space?

(03-01-2015, 07:41 AM)Loki557 Wrote: So Saltese becomes useless than I see...

I think a deal could be RP-d between Legion, Congress and DSE for resource extraction.

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - Bulldog. - 03-01-2015

Well this is going to be interesting, GMG getting more space?

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - SpaceTime - 03-01-2015

(03-01-2015, 07:52 AM)Miaou Wrote: I would like to know why Vespucci is two jumps away from Stutgart? That's a fairly big route change for people going from Rheinland to Bretonia. Doesn't really promote interactions and makes the omegas an unused route between the two houses.

This. Makes all the vanilla systems reduntant now.

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - SnakThree - 03-01-2015

Honestly, stop with all these shortcuts. AFK trading/smuggling is bad.

Look how simple it was back in the day:

[Image: global2.gif]