Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide (/showthread.php?tid=126999)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Discovery 4.88.1+ Installation Guide - Wardoo - 08-02-2017

hello to the community.
i just install a free install of FL with DSC 4.88.1 but i have a trouble.
When the patcher start at the second update (47Mo) this one stuck at 17mo or 22mo.
that really mess because it's since one hour i try to get it.

So my question is where come from this kind of trouble and ther's a alternative way to DL all the update manually?
regards, Wardoo

[Image: 1501630335-captura.png]

RE: Discovery 4.88.1+ Installation Guide - diamond1 - 08-02-2017

@Wardoo

Hello there! I believe you are having a problem like this https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=151827

This link should solve your problems

Hello diamond1
i try this method but not working for me, ok i try tu unistall and install fresh one

RE: Discovery 4.88.1+ Installation Guide - Impyness - 08-02-2017

try going into your disco folder and deleting the patch file you find there and then trying again

(08-02-2017, 01:00 AM)Impyness Wrote: try going into your disco folder and deleting the patch file you find there and then trying again

Hello pilot.
i already do it but not working, i do a fresh install, but i really think staff of discovery need to compile inside the 4.88.1 all the last updates .

RE: Discovery 4.88.1+ Installation Guide - Ambrelium - 08-07-2017

flhook ignored flhook.dll, what wrong?

RE: Discovery 4.88.1+ Installation Guide - Roy21 - 08-23-2017

Greetings everyone!

Note- I followed every step of the installation guide, double checked in fact.

Ive been trying to succesfully install freelancer literally all day, (windows 7) double checking errors, service pack 1, everything updated, unistalling/reinstalling (admin mode), removing Ipv6, uninstalled antivirus/defender/firewall. Restoration points (just in case I accidentally deleted citical files) checked the internet connection, I could play it on another pc just fine in the same router connection, tried wifi&cable, but the same error keeps coming up the errors is- 'Unable to connect due to connection, happens intermitently' something like that, assuming it was my network but not. It open the game perfectly, recognizes the server, create characters, but the moment server info pops in NY, I get that notification I mentioned.

Checked every solution from the troubleshooting posts, I tried all of them, and many times I cant find out if it worked once trying to log in because it keeps banning my accounts after a couple of tries. I am stuck hehehe

Im kinda desperate, any advice on how to proceed? im literally without ideas.
Im considering making a clean installation of windows 7 but, no CD, and no external device at my disposition at the moment, so, I would like to try other alternatives before doing so.

P.S. I installed the game perfectly with another machine, but in this case, windows 10. And just outta fun I transfered the same files from the windows 10 pc to the one im having issues with, and of course no results. Even tried checking out what is making it work in the windows 10 PC compared to mine, and I couldnt spot anything.

Thanks in advancement!

RE: Discovery 4.88.1+ Installation Guide - Lukas - 08-30-2017

(08-23-2017, 04:00 AM)Roy21 Wrote: Greetings everyone!

Note- I followed every step of the installation guide, double checked in fact.

Ive been trying to succesfully install freelancer literally all day, (windows 7) double checking errors, service pack 1, everything updated, unistalling/reinstalling (admin mode), removing Ipv6, uninstalled antivirus/defender/firewall. Restoration points (just in case I accidentally deleted citical files) checked the internet connection, I could play it on another pc just fine in the same router connection, tried wifi&cable, but the same error keeps coming up the errors is- 'Unable to connect due to connection, happens intermitently' something like that, assuming it was my network but not. It open the game perfectly, recognizes the server, create characters, but the moment server info pops in NY, I get that notification I mentioned.

Checked every solution from the troubleshooting posts, I tried all of them, and many times I cant find out if it worked once trying to log in because it keeps banning my accounts after a couple of tries. I am stuck hehehe

Im kinda desperate, any advice on how to proceed? im literally without ideas.
Im considering making a clean installation of windows 7 but, no CD, and no external device at my disposition at the moment, so, I would like to try other alternatives before doing so.

P.S. I installed the game perfectly with another machine, but in this case, windows 10. And just outta fun I transfered the same files from the windows 10 pc to the one im having issues with, and of course no results. Even tried checking out what is making it work in the windows 10 PC compared to mine, and I couldnt spot anything.

Thanks in advancement!

hey there i got maybe the same problem go to apps and features -> Programms and freatures -> windows features disable and enable aktivate someone whos called Legacycomponents

RE: Discovery 4.88.1+ Installation Guide - fmike/Alien_CrazyJew - 08-31-2017

I was wondering if a second mirror to download the game from would be okay, as i have downloaded the game from ISO Zone and uploaded to my very own media fire, for my own back up well as to share Smile As its getting harder to find a copy to download.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6qk35dv2p6rye3k/Freelancer.rar

RE: Discovery 4.88.1+ Installation Guide - Kal Derabel - 09-10-2017

Hello everyone,

I installed the newest Discovery MOD, but i can't seem to run it. When the DSLauncher is opened it says there is a newer version, but it can't update because the launcher is supposedly used by another program. I tried stopping all firewalls, but it doesn't fix the problem. Any ideas ?

https://ibb.co/kCQPUF