Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide (/showthread.php?tid=126999)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide - Kauket - 01-27-2024

You need to restore that DLL in order to play.

As for Vanilla, if you want to play it (or have been playing it) make sure you goto my documents / my games - and rename the Freelancer folder to something else like Freelancer Vanilla

When you play Disco, it will wipe your saves, and if you want to play vanilla again, just rename the current folder to Freelancer Disco, and rename the FL VAnilla folder back to Freelancer

RE: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide - Coin - 02-29-2024

i get error p01

first issue is that [link]https://discoverygc.com/files/discovery_5.00.8.exe[\link] is a dead page for me. the connection just resets.

so i downloaded the mod first from nexus, and then from mod db.

both have the same result - the launcher downloads the first patch 25 mb, unzips the patch, downloads the second patch 2.5mb, unzips it, and then says 'error p01' with 'additional informations' of connection error. if the 'ok' button is pressed it closes the launcher.

im using win 8.1 64 bit

===========================

edit: turn off all antivirus when downloading AND installing, problem solved. many thanks to Aingar.

edit 2: if the link to download on page one doesnt wortk, turn off your antivirus

RE: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide - mlone1 - 03-05-2024

Apologies if this has been covered to death - working dad here just trying to get some gaming back. Maybe this will help someone else in the same boat.

When I tried to patch my discovery through the DS Launcher, my anti-virus found a suspected file and deleted it. I can't find where it was quarantined to restore it and now when I click on my "Discovery Freelancer" icon, I get an error that DSLauncher.exe has been deleted or removed.

I suspect the best way to fix this is to turn off my antivirus and download DSLauncher again, but I'm concerned about losing my saved accounts. Do I need to write down my code again or could someone please remind me how this is handled?

RE: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide - Venkman - 03-05-2024

(03-05-2024, 06:37 AM)mlone1 Wrote: Apologies if this has been covered to death - working dad here just trying to get some gaming back. Maybe this will help someone else in the same boat.

When I tried to patch my discovery through the DS Launcher, my anti-virus found a suspected file and deleted it. I can't find where it was quarantined to restore it and now when I click on my "Discovery Freelancer" icon, I get an error that DSLauncher.exe has been deleted or removed.

I suspect the best way to fix this is to turn off my antivirus and download DSLauncher again, but I'm concerned about losing my saved accounts. Do I need to write down my code again or could someone please remind me how this is handled?

Hello there Sir,

Firstly I would recommend completely reinstalling Freelancer and Freelancer Discovery with your AV set as disabled. Once you install Freelancer, what you could do is put it as an exception in your AntiVirus.

As for the accounts, they should be backed up in Documents > My Games > Discovery > launcheraccounts (worst case, the Admins can give you back your ships)

Have in mind that lately people have been having issues with a certain file called CapitalClassFixes.dll where their, either WinDefender or Antivirus, would mark it as trojan and quarantine it. In the link below, there's a detailed guide on how to restore the said file on Windows Defender.

Guide link

If you're using an Antivirus, the process is pretty much the same (if you're not sure how to do it, just tell which AV you're using).

If this problem appears, you could try solving the problem using my guide.

Feel free to contact me on Discord if you need help in person - Venkman#9351

RE: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide - Trakais - 03-20-2024

do we still need do exclusion in AV for CapitalClassFixes.dll ?

RE: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide - Kauket - 03-20-2024

No, we don't use that .dll anymore. It was merged into another one.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide - Trakais - 03-20-2024

Tried to download game client..
So this isfalse pozitive again, right?

[Image: 1a.jpg]
[Image: 2a.jpg]

RE: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide - Haste - 03-20-2024

That installer still "contains" CapitalClassFixes.dll, unfortunately, so that is likely the cause of the false positive. We will (hopefully) be setting up a new installer, maybe for 5.1, that will simply omit the dll from the get-go preventing these false positives.

RE: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide - Chocola - 03-28-2024

My friend got some problem,When he opens the game, the screen goes black and the program terminates.
This is his first time installing FL, but I compressed my client and sent it to him.
DirectPlay have also been installed,not sure about NET framework.
maybe that is the problem
still confused

RE: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide - Kauket - 03-28-2024

you also need to make sure you have dx8 libraries installed too, make sure both net framework and dx8 is installed

I had this problem when setting up on a fresh hard drive