Discovery Gaming Community
To VF - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: To VF (/showthread.php?tid=12723)

Pages: 1 2

To VF - mwerte - 10-03-2008

Tonight as I took Beryllium to The Ring VF)Donnerschlag in a Loki intercepted me and began pirating me. I think "cool, a faction pirate, should be good RP". I managed to get into cruise but was chatting at the same time about how hypocritical (inRP) he was. Because of that I hit a rock and Donnerschlag caught up to me. I'm RPing and trying to debate with him. I'm not going anywhere being deep within an asteroid feild and completely lost. When I don't respond to his demand to drop my cargo within 10 seconds he stips my shiedls (ok...bit triggerhappy) but I kept trying to reason with him. So what does he do? Instakill me.

Great RP there.

Now this is not a flame against VF and I am excited to have them around especially if they bring up the level of piracy RP in and around Rheinlnad. But if this is how you respond to some RP from a trader then I think I (the player) wil avoid you at all costs. Cause this was just garbage of an interaction.

Again, this is not a flame and I would have put it in a feedback thead but I couldn't find it. And I wanted o addess the faction leader and other players so that's why it's not a PM. Any hint of flames and I will ask the admins will lock it/delete the offending posts.

To VF - Dopamino - 10-03-2008

Quite bluntly, sometimes pirates don't want to talk. Sometimes we just want money. The Bundschuh only pirates when they're low on funds, so money was priority 1. Probably not the most fun for you though.

To VF - mwerte - 10-03-2008

He demanded that I drop my cargo (which was fine),

Pirates are always complaining (and rightfully so) about "silent powertraders" but when they get a trader that is willing to RP some they blow me out of space?

To VF - Orin - 10-03-2008

It's not very good RP for the Bundschuh to pirate wordlessly. That's not their general nature.

Just the other day I was in my Synth character RPing with a VF (Lyubmir, excellent RP mate) and he expressed in RP how he and his organization didn't care to kill us. Now he could have, they're still pirates who need to do so for supplies, but for the most part they should keep to their revolutionary goals. Not kill a random trader without any real RP.

To VF - jpo - 10-03-2008

Yes I agree totally pirates should talk about feelings and hug kittens for the 10 seconds you have to decide if you want to pay or die.

No need to incite flaming, jpo. The fact just remains that a revolutionary force shouldn't do so much no RP assaults. They're real goals should be to vape RM and such. And when they do attack Rheinland traders, which is totally in RP, they need to do a little RP, not just 2 mil r dai.

To VF - jpo - 10-03-2008

Its not ok to say

"Great RP there" and then say "I'll have the admin delete the flames" as youve already flamed someone. Saying you arent flaming doesen't make it so. Simply making a point.

Now as far as the actual interaction goes it doesen't sound like any rules were broken and it sounds like the interaction lasted plenty long to understand the consequences. Its one instance to publicly trial by forum an entire faction:

Quote:The fact just remains that a revolutionary force shouldn't do so much no RP assaults.

1. How can you define so much from one instance?
2. It doesen't sound like it was no RP it sounds like it was minimal chat RP. That is not against the rules.

To publicly chastise someone for one roleplay instance that didnt even break a rule is borderline harassment IMHO.

Eh, I ain't harrassing anyone. I even commended another VF for some excellent RP. I'm just saying: Revolutionary forces should involve more RP in their little number of raids. Much unlike your everyday "arr" factions like Rogues and Sairs.

EDIT: Perhaps my choice of words were too harsh. Apologies.

To VF - Zephyr - 10-03-2008

well....I too had little luck finding the VF data streams, but hey, I'm no Hacker.

To the Donner....er....something or other....sorry mate, no insult meant.

I have to say the earlier was good fun, and I look forward to meeting you again, but hey, maybe next time on better circumstances. Either way, I'm here to say in front of the universe, sorry for getting outta line at Yanagi. I had not gotten ANY of the info that was brought to my attention then. You simply caused me too much time and I was done waiting. I'm sure you know how THAT goes, just probably didn't think youd be on the receiving end huh? Well. Thats that. Good fun and when the Junkers showed and told me of the status, I thank you for powering down as well. I am looking into the full story of our 'Damning by the Gods' and hope to get it all hammered out soon. Once that is done, maybe we can fly again. It seems some replanning is in order for my men, and it will begin soon.

Until then Donner...is it schnitzel? or blitzen? Not sure, but gotta laugh or you go crazy right? Good luck in your Revolution.

Juan 'Jackal' Carlos, Captain of the Gunboat; KI-RIN.

To VF - Eternal - 10-03-2008

I'm not aware of this incident , but I'm sure I'll hear from the other side ( VF) ) what happend.

This is the official Feedback thread for the Volksfront ==> http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20975