Discovery Gaming Community
Vindicator 9 - Entry Logs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Vindicator 9 - Entry Logs (/showthread.php?tid=127694)

Vindicator 9 - Entry Logs - Dave Synk - 03-25-2015

Entry Log 1 - Review

These will be short entries to tag my status in case.. I will lose myself. It's been a long while since I left the Edge Nebulae space. Cut all records, all contacts. Just a few here and there. It was necessary because what I will do next it could have bring great sacrifice for my friends and allies. It is a task and goal I seek for my own.

I've erased any traces of the old Cerberus from Omicron. Everything I worked on was nullified. What I need is on me and on my vessel. The problems in the Omicrons don't concern me anymore and they never did because it were just different cases of classic "trivial conflicts" between low ideals and goals. My attention was to the Nomads in the first place. Understanding and learning about them, but with the Order and Core around I had to change places.

Arhh... I don't even know what I will accomplish with this, what I know is this thing : It won't be easy for me as well to go on with my plan. It is very dangerous. I risk my entire life, but in the end what do I have left ? Me, my mind and my research I did for a lifetime about the K'Hara race and their masters who are still a mystery. It is time to finally make a difference and deliver all I know to another level of consciousness. Others who understand and are as one. I have to seek the K'Hara again as I did once when I reached Iota. I still remember how those nomads saw truth in my voice and ideals. Nevertheless I was still their enemy because I wore their foes "flags". That day it kept me thinking if I was on the right side, if the one's causing all the damage and chaos are us.. not them. They just defend themselves.

I had a temporary sanctuary at a TAZ base. Good hospitality indeed. Mannered even if I was not one of their own. I revealed my identity and they were very pleased to learn about me again. They gave some equipment for further study of what I had aboard my ship. I began to find traces of possible leads towards certain groups that have connections with the Nomads.

So far, my vessel "Vindicator 9" was a good mobile hideout. It will still be. Nobody needs to know the ex leader of Cerberus just flies around, peeking an eye here and there on various events around Sirius. I find it amusing to just observe from afar, the trivial activities that most of the people are caught in.

Enough with this log, I should find something useful from the data module I got back from Cerberus. Maybe some old frequencies that I collected during contact with Nomads and their associates.

RE: Vindicator 9 - Entry Logs - Dave Synk - 03-27-2015

Entry Log 2 - Contact

My quest into getting close contact to Nomads, is undergo and difficult. I returned to old nomad systems that I recalled during my days in Cerberus. I headed to some old locations that I knew and that I studied before to gather more information about Slomon K'Hara and Dom'Kvosh. Their relationship, perhaps I would've found some clues. Data has been found and I managed to get to my own theories about their past and the Nomad's reason of existence.

I even passed through some Order systems these days. Intriguing to see some old systems like Mu and 100 back again, where you spent a considerate amount of time of your life there. Some Cerberus access codes I still had and I avoided being shot by the automated defense systems. Lucky those codes were still validated by the nearby defense systems. Analyzed their "fancy" prototype battleship. Still in the same stage of evolution when I left Order space. Well.. I would've helped but some interests inside Order, actually one individual hated my ideals anyway so that's why in the end I decided to just leave them and knock their heads off. They took quite the hit with Minor before, well because of their mediocre decisions that's for sure.

I reached Coronado later and found the Ancient Gate again. I am not sure if that gate was active the last time I sent my men to investigate and bring data back to base. This time it was active and the researcher's curiosity in me was attracted to see the new space. It was dominated by Wild forces. Nomad space for sure but deep inside Sirius. The system was partly artificially made because of an experiment with another Nomad Gate. I guess the Nomads don't have the brightest scientist in the first place..

But the important thing is that I had my first contact with a member of a group named "Division 9". Nomad readings were present. It was a captain of a Liberty Gunboat tagged "Siren" by my IFF. He didn't talked to much. He was like an automated defense system when he saw aboard my vessel some artifacts. I never seen such reluctant behavior to discuss. I would've gave him the artifacts but he was just so dedicated to shoot me when he saw me I had those artifacts. Especially when I showed him that I know about the Nomads. More then he could expect. I escaped but my ship got damaged. I jettisoned the artifacts and on one I've put a tracking device. I am following his movements to see where these D9 fellas are flying around. I've seen the system named "Drake" is the main local area of interest for them since it's one of their home systems so far.

I expected the contact with the Nomads to be hard but it's harder with the humans that serve as host for K'Hara Incubis. The combined minds and the aggressive instincts of the humans, make these agents of the Nomads very lethal if they do not wish to communicated. They act like this just to protect their society and race. They suffered like we did, long enough so they are reluctant to trust humans again. Instead use their knowledge and add them to their own grand mind network. "Enlightening" as they call it. I am currently on Baffin at the TAZ base, I will recover myself and continue my journey to find them closer. I might go to more known older sites I used to study and also I have to track the status of D9.

Entry Log ended.