Discovery Gaming Community
Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=127704)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - aerelm - 03-25-2015

Use the submission thread for submitting your proposed ID write-ups.
Please refrain from posting anything other than actual ID submissions in the linked thread, and keep any and all discussions to this thread.

After various suggestions by the community, as well as discussions within the admin team, the team has decided to revisit the subject of roleplay IDs.

Roleplay IDs are defined as IDs which may offer no additional gameplay allowances, but are specialized for players intending to focus on specific lines of roleplay. There were various such IDs in the mod back in 4.85 (Researcher, Vigilante, Mercenary, Trader, Smuggler, Slaver, etc) but were considered redundant due to most of them being copies of Freelancer ID, and have since been discontinued. That is why input from veteran players who've been around since 4.85 and have actually seen those IDs in use (and so know the pros and cons of each) would be most welcome, but newer players are also welcome to contribute to the subject with any concept they may have for such IDs.

With this plan to reimplement roleplay IDs into the mod, we're intending to identify different lines of roleplay popular among the community and by incorporating minor perks in each ID, provide a better ground for more freedom in roleplay. Please note that these IDs do not essentially need to be generic IDs, and your suggestions can include IDs intended for use as a secondary ID by factions (e.g. Diplomat ID), but it's preffered if the suggestions are kept as generic as possible, as these IDs will be made open-use if implemented.

Feel free to use this thread for discussing the general concept of roleplay IDs and the IDs posted in the submission thread.

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Mímir - 03-25-2015

Hello, I think this is going to be a long, tiresome and problematic thing.

Are we as players supposed to supply common sense views on the proposed ID's or can we rely on staff?

I mean, if there was a suggestion right now, and it was terrible for very obvious reasons and no-one could be bothered writing a post why, will it get implemented?

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Doria - 03-25-2015

Of course not. Badmins will still revise it and cut off senseless proposals, like the two already posted for an instance...

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - FynnMcScrap - 03-25-2015

... and can be used as secondary ID ?

Meaning that the RP ID does not fall under the “One Id per faction and TAG“ Rule ?

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - oZoneRanger - 03-25-2015

Secondary ID sounds like a winner Idea....
Liberty Navy Primary....Diplomat Secondary sort of thing. It would give a description as to the type of roleplay that the player is involved in with that character.

But...the problem I see with these RP ID´s is that if, for example you are flying a "Smuggler" ID from back in the day, the large majority of the RP turns out to be something like this...

"Stop Smuggler..."
"How do you know I am a Smuggler"
" Ah...cause your ID says you are...how long you been playing this game noob."

Making new special Roleplay ID´s will not better roleplayers make.

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Lythrilux - 03-25-2015

So I guess it's roles that are too specific to be generic, but too generic to be faction based?
I think I understand then. I guess we could have SRPable Privateer IDs for factions or something for example?

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Tsuzumi Mori - 03-25-2015

Quote:"Stop Smuggler..."
"How do you know I am a Smuggler"
" Ah...cause your ID says you are...how long you been playing this game noob."

Concerning it alone in the roleplay matter, we should get back to the ID being invisible inside roleplay. Because it's kind of silly that all IDs are visible except for the Wild one. It's problematic for the people who are e.g. not playing Junkers, but they are regarded as Junkers because of wearing such tag, despite being IFF-ed as Freelancers. Same with Pirate ID, which should not be visible, as player is wearing the very same Freelancer IFF.

Scenario here: guy flies around doing nothing bad, on FL IFF + Pirate ID, minding his own business - and there's Police/Navy/Hunter lolwhut, which claims "sir, you are Pirate, you must be shot down". It's way OP, since officer should NOT know about he's pirate, unless the latter breaks law or has been registered on the criminal record.

All in all, a lot of problems should be solved by making a rule that makes ID an information that cannot be used by any other but player wearing it, as a guide for them - also to make ooRPly sure that player does not break his ID.

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Corile - 03-25-2015

Quote:not playing Junkers, but they are regarded as Junkers because of wearing such tag
I'm regarded as a member of a faction, because I'm wearing that faction's ID but I'm not in that faction.
k.

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Stoner_Steve - 03-25-2015

Part of me misses ID's such as the Slaver ID and others, the other part of me doesn't miss the drama associated with what has been said by others already regarding using ID's in Roleplay

RE: Roleplay IDs: Community Discussion - Kirill - 03-25-2015

(03-25-2015, 02:01 PM)Vycos Wrote: Independent Trader ID

Cannot transport illegal goods.

I think that that line is unclear. While every house has different rules about contraband. Moreover, while being rephacked as hostile to unlawfuls and likely quasi-lawfuls, it will be almost impossible to get generic contraband like Cardamine or Artifacts.

And one more thing. It really looks like as powertrader ID: no cargo restriction, good rep with all houses and lawful organisations, global ZOI.