Discovery Gaming Community
Destruction of snubs left in space from F1 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Destruction of snubs left in space from F1 (/showthread.php?tid=127860)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Destruction of snubs left in space from F1 - Hidamari - 03-30-2015

Not talking about killing people who have F1'd but rather that people that did F1, if they dont return after a certain amount of time, say a half an hour to an hour they should die and be teleported to the last base they docked at.

the drift mechanic is simply not really a deterrent to F1'ing in space in an ideal location and then just popping into existance when its convenient to do so. i.e. piracy.

since large ships naturally would be able to defend themselves (arguably) from things coming to attack them, since they have a crew, fighters do not, and should not survive if left to drift in the elements.

RE: Destruction of snubs left in space from F1 - Highland Laddie - 03-30-2015

Loss of cargo too?

I suppose not a big deal for a snub, unless you have a code name on it or something.

RE: Destruction of snubs left in space from F1 - R.I.P. - 03-30-2015

My only issues with this is that someone who has a problem with internet kicking off. I personally have issues with my internet at times, have called AT&T about it and they are completely useless. So at times my internet can drop me and may not come back for an hour or two, sometimes longer. Other times it comes right back. And before anyone tries to say "Well get better internet". I have two choices for internet, AT&T and Comcast. I hate comcast and the internet from them here is worse than DSL. So i have to disagree with this unless it can tell the difference between someone losing connection and F1ing.

RE: Destruction of snubs left in space from F1 - nOmnomnOm - 03-30-2015

I voted yes but really I dont think it really matters.
Also what about nomads that cant dock in most places? I can imagine they F1

RE: Destruction of snubs left in space from F1 - SnakThree - 03-30-2015

So if I have RL issue to attend to for an hour or two, why would it be not OK to quickly close the game?

RE: Destruction of snubs left in space from F1 - Hidamari - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 06:57 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: I voted yes but really I dont think it really matters.
Also what about nomads that cant dock in most places? I can imagine they F1

Nomads live in space, so technically it shouldnt apply to them

(03-30-2015, 07:11 AM)Snak3 Wrote: So if I have RL issue to attend to for an hour or two, why would it be not OK to quickly close the game?

Who said anything about it not being okay to close the game? Just dont expect to not be docked back on the last base you landed on when you come back.

What about F1ing miners, traders, capital ships etc etc.

You are obviously biased against piracy as it was the only sole reason you made this thread. We already have delay on player online list. Shall we also double transport hulls now?

RE: Destruction of snubs left in space from F1 - Hidamari - 03-30-2015

you obviously need to stop typing if you are just going to jump on the accusation wagon. thanks.

simply a damage over time penalty should be incured to F1'd ships until they are destroyed. or if you dont like to think of yourself as dead call it whatever you want 'you fell unconscious and autopilot directed you to the last known docked position'

You still haven't answered why only snubcrafts. What about Miners, Trade Ships and others who F1? Why do you think that only snubs should be punished for F1ing?

RE: Destruction of snubs left in space from F1 - Mao - 03-30-2015

Nope. Finding your ship 100k off the plane is already annoying as hell and serves as a right "punishment".