Discovery Gaming Community
Departure - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Departure (/showthread.php?tid=127986)

Departure - Corile - 04-02-2015

A Lucullus Gallic Liner, a rare sight in Liberty, pulled up to the Tinkers Haven. The ship was moored and a few moments later five people left the ship.

The first one was a tall man dressed in a suit, known on the Haven as Jacques Letourneau, an author and a Council member. Didn't matter that he hadn't ever written a book or had stopped working for the Gallic a long time ago, the rumor was left unchecked. After him, a young woman of Kusarian origin walked down the gangplank, looking rather uncomfortable outside the ship. She was Jacques' stewart, Akiko.

Next, a pair of pilots left their beloved vessel, a woman and a man, Chiza and Javez, siblings as it could be judged on the first glance. The man had an impressive beard and wore flight glasses. The woman had a baseball cap and was dressed in leather. They looked at their ship, probably for one last time, knowing what would happen to it.

The last was a man of impressive size, nicknamed Mule, the House of Cards' porter and Jacques' personal bodyguard stomped down the gangplank and disappeared somewhere on the station. That was his last day of work, he was going to be released. The rest wanted to stay with Jacques whatever else would happen.

'Mr. Jacques? Are we going to come back?' Akiko asked Letourneau quietly.

'Hm? No, I'm afraid no. Don't fear though, it will be fine. It was a nice ship after all, it will probably be scrapped, but when that happens we'll probably be away on Gran Canaria and we won't have to worry about it anymore.' he responded. He then approached the dockmaster with a quick question. 'Hello. Where's Fynn?'

RE: Departure - FynnMcScrap - 04-02-2015

The dockmate greeted the group with a friendly smile.
Letourneau and his crew where known here , and respected.

Fynn told us you would be here some day soon, Sir. He is at his office as far as I know as I have seen some entries to our internal warehouse system with his code just a moment ago and all his ships are docked. Shall I send him a com or do you want to surprise him ?

The crewman pointed over towards the pathway to the central corridor complex and then turned to look out towards the big Lucullus Liner moored at the Havens major ship acces node.

What a beauty. Sir.
Mind if I send a few crewmen out to look at that pockmark out there ? Seems you took a hit from some micrometeor at that starboard deflection shield, see it ?
The crew could use the training, working on such a big ship is a rare chance for them.
No worries, I will send an experienced engineer out with them to oversee everything, and it will be done without any cost to you.

RE: Departure - FynnMcScrap - 04-09-2015

A short while later Fynn greeted Jacques Letourneau at his office, smiling and offering him a seat, happy to offer his friend and mentor some refreshments and a glass of best Council wine.

Jacques, you have been travelling far again ?
Welcome back to the Haven, and how can I help you ?

RE: Departure - Corile - 04-20-2015

Jacques took his seat while his crew waited outside.

'Greetings, Fynn. How have you been?'

He stopped for a moment and looked at his old friend. They hadn't seen one another for a long time and the author was curious how he was doing.

'I hope the last years were as enjoyable for you as they were for me.'

He sighed and continued.

'I actually have a gift for you. Again. I will be going out of Liberty and where I will be now I won't need this anymore...'

He threw a little card at the table and observed Fynn's amazed expression.

'Don't turn her to scrap, friend.'

RE: Departure - FynnMcScrap - 04-20-2015

Fynn was thoroughly astonished. The small card that Jacues was passing him was the ownership and security acces chip of the House.Of.Cards ?!

Well , what ? My oh my...
by all that is right, sit down and get comfortable, Jacques. Please, you are my guest !

Fynn talked long with Jacques that day.
About all that had happened at the Haven so far, and the expansion plans the trade union was pushing. About Venturer joining Council forces and Tinkers flying there often.

And about Jacques and his plans to retire.

Well, call it a lengthy sabattical at least, Jacques. And if you need anything special delivered just pass a call. I will pack my CSF full with a load and bring you some wine or fresh Apfelstrudel, no worries.

And thank you for the Lucullus. We will take care of her, probably flying her under Council flag again and passing her on to Venturer. He will be able to use her best,
flying refugees or fugitives from and to Champagne.

And remember : You and your crew will be welcome here any time, Jacques.

In the meanwhile the mechanichs crew was happily repairing and polishing the outer hull of the Lucullus Liner, not knowing that they would do more work on her soon, checking and overhauling the entire ship.

RE: Departure - Corile - 04-29-2015

He attempted to maintain a cheerful expression, but the sadness in his eyes was obvious.

'All I need in return is a mean of transportation to Gran Canaria, for four people. I hope it's not a problem for you. And then... Then I can finally get some rest.'

RE: Departure - FynnMcScrap - 04-30-2015

The jounger man nodded, respectfully keeping from pressing questions.

The rest of the time Jacques remained guest at the Haven was filled with cameradie, with talk about ligter topics and with musings on the great developements around Sirius.
And with a short message sent from his organizer to the office down at Houston he could fix a lift in style.

And so the crewmen working on the Liners outer hull could see the Perlican outfitted for representative traveling owned by Tukker arriving at the Haven a few hours later.
Ready to take the guests to their new ... residence.

Home is where your heart is. And Fynn wondered where - and when - Jacques home was.

RE: Departure - Corile - 04-30-2015

The following day they all were sitting in the Pelican, travelling to Omega-49 - Fynn, Jacques, Akiko, Javez and Chiza. Jacques had already rented a house on Gran Canaria - nothing too fancy, nothing representative as all he wanted now was to live his life quietly, away from the fuss of the Houses.

Akiko was sitting quietly, thinking about what had been going on. She lived her entire life on the House of Cards, with Jacques being like her father. She hoped it would continue as long as possible, but a thought lingered in her mind that it would not be so. Meanwhile the Cretean siblings were talking quietly in their own language.

Jacques sighed and smiled slightly. He cherished the perspective of a prolonged rest. Even though being on the House of Cards was nothing compared to being in Gallia, after a couple of years it became exhausting.