Discovery Gaming Community
Problem - My single-player austosaves get deleted each time i launch the game. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Problem - My single-player austosaves get deleted each time i launch the game. (/showthread.php?tid=128138)

Problem - My single-player austosaves get deleted each time i launch the game. - ✚ Knightz ✚ - 04-06-2015

Hello, I just installed Discovery 4.88.1 recently and after an almost entire day of playing in single player I launched the game again only to find out that my save has disappeared.

Am I using the launcher wrong..?

Help me please Sad

RE: Problem - My single-player austosaves get deleted each time i launch the game. - DragonRider - 04-07-2015

Apparently, every time you start up the launcher, it deletes the save files.

So if you are going to play singleplayer, your best bet is to start the game from freelanser.exe in the EXE folder, since that was your saves don't get deleted.

But just a general warning, I've head that its not advised to play multyplayer using freelancer.exe
If you are going to play MP, back up your saves (located in Documents/My Games/FreelancerAccts) and start the game using the launcher.

RE: Problem - My single-player austosaves get deleted each time i launch the game. - Caconym - 04-12-2015

The launcher auto-deletes the autosave files by default because if you try to load FL with an autosave from an incompatible version (e.g. another mod), it causes a startup crash. The launcher just makes the removing process automatic, instead of "forcing" people to go ahead and manually delete/move the autosave file each time they try to launch Disco after playing a different mod.

RE: Problem - My single-player austosaves get deleted each time i launch the game. - Athrael - 02-19-2016

Is there a way to turn off that "feature"?
15h of playtime just flushed down the toilet because of that...
Thanks discovery team.

RE: Problem - My single-player austosaves get deleted each time i launch the game. - Laz - 02-19-2016

No, it if i am not mistaken, is to prevent and other glitches caused by single player saves as this is a multiplayer server.
Think thats right anyway...

RE: Problem - My single-player austosaves get deleted each time i launch the game. - Sorrontis - 06-13-2016

Well, I've figured a way to work it. If you have a program that automatically saves new versions of files, you can do the following:

1) Play your game.
2) When you are done, put your auto save somewhere safe.
3) Start a new game.
3b) Launch into space (makes a new autosave)
4) Go to your save file folder, replace the autosave with your own.
5) Load auto save.

This will work, however, word of caution, I don't know what happens cross editions. Also, I have problems with crashes when I play single player (game crashes in Ontario System) but that could be because its single player.

RE: Problem - My single-player austosaves get deleted each time i launch the game. - Cardinal - 06-13-2016

Discovery is not meant to be played in Single-Player long term. Or at least it isn't now. Mass amounts of updates to the game have rendered saving and playing in most custom systems in Single-Player impossible. If you want to try Single-Player, your best bet would probably be to just use it to mess around with some ships, don't ruin the stability of the code.

RE: Problem - My single-player austosaves get deleted each time i launch the game. - JohnyWalker - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 06:21 AM)Sorrontis Wrote: Well, I've figured a way to work it. If you have a program that automatically saves new versions of files, you can do the following:

1) Play your game.
2) When you are done, put your auto save somewhere safe.
3) Start a new game.
3b) Launch into space (makes a new autosave)
4) Go to your save file folder, replace the autosave with your own.
5) Load auto save.

This will work, however, word of caution, I don't know what happens cross editions. Also, I have problems with crashes when I play single player (game crashes in Ontario System) but that could be because its single player.

Yeah, this works perfectly... dont remember exactly the commands... but i think in single player you can use /help and a window appear with commands. There are two commands like /save and /load... (sorry dont remember exactly) maybe... "/load autosave"... just read it... Imagine its "/load autosave" and /"save autosave"... or whatever, the trick is, save your game, use ALT+TAB for going ../My Documents/My Games/Freelancer/Accts/SinglePlayer and copy the autosave file to a safe place, then you can close the game. For load it, open singleplayer again (new game appear) but then, ALT+TAB, paste your old autosave and using the command load it "/load autosave" and its done, you can continue your singleplayer exploration game hehehehe.

EDIT: Yeah, i rechecked... after click "NEW GAME"... and you in space, just type "help"... the commands are "autosave" and "autoload"