Discovery Gaming Community
=LSF= Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: =LSF= Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=12833)

=LSF= Recruitment - Linkero - 04-21-2009

Julia Wolfe,

You application has been received and it is currently under review. Have patience and Mr. Copperfield will have a response with you acceptance or denial soon!

Signed,

Rigo Yamakachi

=LSF= Recruitment - rayne - 04-21-2009

Thank you for the response sir, thats all I needed to hear. Over and Out

=LSF= Recruitment - kingvaillant - 04-23-2009

Dawn Solarus and Julia Wolfe,

Both applications have been reviewed and accepted. You are now Members of the Liberty Security Force, serve us with pride! Please contact our office so the organization can outfit you with standard equipment.

Congratulations,
David Copperfield

(( http://z15.invisionfree.com/Liberty_Secure...dex.php?act=idx Once you are registered there, I will (within a few hours) give you the right to "see" our LSF forum section. There you may ask for help to set yourself up. Also, once your characters are created, report them on the above forum and I will transfer the money to them. Good luck:)))

=LSF= Recruitment - rayne - 04-23-2009

Incoming Transmission:
Source: Riverside Station:

Thank you for this opportunity, I have been doing freelance work with the LSF and I have been flying around in an Upholder. I do hope I can continue to fly that ship as I have a "rapport" with her.

Transmission Terminated:
Signal Lost:

=LSF= Recruitment - Taragow - 04-26-2009

*Incoming Transmition*
*Opening port 22*
*Transferring data using UFSCP*
*Transfer complete, closing port 22*
*AutoOpening APP-file*

* Name: Steve Applestone
* Date Of Birth:
* Sex: male
* Previous Jobs: Freelancer
* Skills: Good pilot; Stands his ground in a fight;
* Military History: Worked for the Liberty Navy and Liberty Police, Rheinland Military and Samura Technologies
* Place of Birth: Planet Pittsburgh, New York system
* Department Interested in Joining: Department of Science and Technology, DST

Have you ever piloted a fighter/bomber craft?

Yes, currently I'm flying a Rheinland Valkyrie heavy fighter.

Why do you wish to join the LSF?

I am looking for new challenges in order to gain access to premium weapon technologies. I want to become a respected presence in Liberty space.

Do you have a criminal record, or have been in trouble with the Liberty law?

If so, for what reasons? No, I have an exemplary record.

Do you have any skills, competences and/or personality traits that could be useful towards the LSF?

Depends on what LSF is looking for.

Tell us about yourself, that wasn't already put on the application so far. (//short bio of the character, minimum 2-3 lines)

Growing up on Pittsburgh wasn't a walk in the park. In a blue collar society where work rate is being judged by the amount of grease on your palms and scrap metal containers that you managed to haul in from the near by debries field. By the time I was 16 I learned how to pilot a Rheino (a pal got ill and I wanted to help him out ... worked both ways, he got his delivery in time and I fell in love with piloting ...). Then I decided it was time to try and make a living on my own and invested all my mine on a Starflier. I was 22 and my freelancer career had just started. My travels have taken me across Liberty, jobbing for the LPI, the Navy and LSF and deep into Rheinland territory. That's where I hooked up with Shuhei Hisagi, with whom I've done a few jobs together. I managed to climb my way up the ladder and I can fire 3 Ramecurse Mk Is and and 2 Vengeance MK IVs in a battle. I am currently exploring Kusari space bordering on Liberty space when I decided to take a further step in my development and join the LSF. In particular, I am interested in working for the Department of Science and Technology.

OORP part
(( OOC Information))

* Ingame names: Taragow
* Skype/Xfire username: iristal66 (Skype)
* Join Date on discovery server (and forum if you had an older account): 24.04.09
* Timezone: GMT +1, Vienna

How long have you been playing freelancer?

Over 2 years

How much do you know about the RP of the LSF?

Not much, but I would like to learn by doing.

What should an LSF member do (Tasks, RP style, etc)?

Anything what the superiors say, I s'posse.

Have you read AND understood the server rules of discovery?

Yes.

Have you ever been sanctioned or banned for violating a server rule in the last 6 months? please provide links to the treads if so.

No.

Will you agree to uphold the server rules at all time on your =LSF= characters?

Yes.

Do you understand that violation of these rules could result in your removal from the LSF, depending on the rule broken?

Yes.

Do you agree to respect all players on the server, admins, and members of this faction?

Yes.

Please state 3 rules from Section 2, Section 3, and Section 5 of the discovery server rules in your own words if possible. (sometime better wording is impossible, we know that)

Here are some of the server rules (copy paste works its magic, I guess:)).

SECTION 2

2.1 Following actions are considered cheating on server:

- Using non-Discovery mods, speed-related and loot-related mods especially, as well as using modifications that improve stats of items and ships;
- Changing account information and using any kinds of software that changes normal gameplay;
- Using any equipment not included for sale/looting in Discovery mod, cloaks for example;
- Using equipment that exceeds ship specs;
- Cloning, e.g. creating new characters to collect starting money.

2.2 Sanction for cheating may range from 60-day, to eternal ban.

Punishment for using speed mod (first time) will be no less than a ban for 60 days. Players who have been spotted cheating twice or more, will be banned forever.

2.3 Attempts to hack server, both successful and unsuccessful, will result in banning server account forever, as well as blocking access to server and to forums.

SECTION 3

3.1 Using coarse language, posting abusive, hateful, racist content in chat, public or private, is prohibited under any circumstances.

Sanction: no less than 7-day ban.

3.2 Flaming, threats and insulting (in any form) other members, factions, server administrators in chat, public or private, is prohibited on server and on forums. RP-related threats are allowed on the server.

Sanction: no less than 14-day ban.

SECTION 5

5.1 PvP in Connecticut is freely allowed. No PvP or RP engagement rules apply, unless there is an event or a duel. In this system, players are not obliged to roleplay.

5.2 If a player is attacked*, he has a right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking. There are no restrictions for self-defense.

5.3 Attacking characters of level 29 and below is prohibited. Characters under level 30 cannot be attacked by players of any level, except if they have non-Civilian ID onboard, and except cases of self-defense. Civilians who possess a CODENAME weapon may be attacked within roleplay at any level according to the piracy requirements.

Will you be active at least once a week?

Yes, I usually play every other day.

On a scale from 1-10 how would you rate your fighting skills?

I give myself an 8.

On a scale from 1-10 how would you rate your in-game Role-playing skills?

I would rate myself with a 6.

*End of file, using SMARTClose to shutdown application*
*Signal terminated*

=LSF= Recruitment - Aravag - 04-26-2009

Name: Shuhei Hisagi

Date Of Birth:

Sex:Male

Previous Jobs: Freelancer

Skills:Heavy Fighter Pilot exp

Military History:Have Done Work For Liberty Police and Navy and Rhienland Military

Place of Birth:New York system , planet Manhattan

Department Interested in Joining:Department of Intelligence

All questions below must be answered, in order for your application to be considered.

I Have Experience with Very Heavy Fighters and Light Fighters
none with bombers or higher ship classes

All my life i have freelanced for the liberty forces
so i decided to join them

Do you have a criminal record, or have been in trouble with the Liberty law? If so, for what reasons?
I never had problems with the law

Do you have any skills, competences and/or personality traits that could be useful towards the LSF?
I am a good pilot and I have the will to purge the pirat scum out of Liberty

Tell us about yourself, that wasn't already put on the application so far. (//short bio of the character, minimum 2-3 lines)
I was born in New York, planet Manhattan,but my parents are emigrants from New Tokio.My father is an employee at Newark Station, I had a good education in a Manhattan uni.When I was 21 when I decided that life was too boring and I took up pilot training and went to seek a trill in space as a freelancer.I flew with a few mates most of them are dead, killed by Liberty rouges.Only one is left a good friend and a pilot Steve Applestone.I am familiar with Liberty, Bretonian and Rhienland space.

More questions will be asked to you, during your interview. If this application is approved, you will be put in our AIT ( agent in training) course for two weeks, where we will determine if you're fit to be a agent in the LSF.

OORP part
(( OOC Information))
Ingame names: Aravag
Skype/Xfire username: Aravag,
Join Date on discovery server (and forum if you had an older account):
Timezone: 24 april 2009

first when the game came out only single player
later played with a few friends on differnt survers
we even made our own(havent played for 3 years)

nothing but I hope you will let me in on the details

yar

Have you ever been sanctioned or banned for violating a server rule in the last 6 months? please provide links to the treads if so.
nope

yeap

Do you understand that violation of these rules could result in your removal from the LSF, depending on the rule broken?
yes

Do you agree to respect all players on the server, admins, and members of this faction?
ok

Please state 3 rules from Section 2, Section 3, and Section 5 of the discovery server rules in your own words if possible. (sometime better wording is impossible, we know that)
i will skip this sorry ^.^

yeah i inted to play an hour or two every day(OR MOAR)

7/8(imma has a mouse problems nao)

=LSF= Recruitment - kingvaillant - 04-26-2009

Shuhei Hisagi and Steve Applestone,

Your applications have been sent to our reviewing committee. You shall receive an answer in the following days. please be patient.

Good luck,
David copperfield

=LSF= Recruitment - alexcomboy - 04-26-2009

(( IC Information ))
Name: Homer Simpson
Date Of Birth:
Sex: Male
Previous Jobs: Nothing
Skills: Good Pilot; Blasting Rouges to bits;
Military History: Done a few missions for LPI and LN
Place of Birth: Planet Denver
Department Interested in Joining: DHS
All questions below must be answered, in order for your application to be considered.

Yes, A Defender, and an Executioner
I have been looking for a job for a while now, I looked at the Liberty Navy, but I didn't like their sign up procedure I also don't like the way they go round checking for contraband, that should be the LPI's job.
Its also because I like the idea of being a sort of "Secret Agent".
Do you have a criminal record, or have been in trouble with the Liberty law? If so, for what reasons?
No.
I'm quite good at making sure that my ammo is full, I have a decent amount of Nanobots and Shield Batteries, and that my ship is fully repaired after a battle.
My Mother and Farther were immigrants from Stokes Mining Station in Bretonia, where my Farther worked.
I came to Liberty to look for a job, and have considered becoming an individual trader, LPI (That went away after a while though), Liberty Navy, and LSF, I also came because my parents were killed on stokes when some Molly managed to get aboard, and I had no other relatives.

More questions will be asked to you, during your interview. If this application is approved, you will be put in our AIT ( agent in training) course for two weeks, where we will determine if you're fit to be a agent in the LSF.

OORP part
(( OOC Information))
Ingame names: Homer.Simpson (This is what I want to become my =LSF= character), Alexcomboy, dimension_runner (My trading character).
Skype/Xfire username: Xfire: alexcomboy. My skype ID is private.
Join Date on discovery server (and forum if you had an older account): Can't remember... Sometime back in January I think...
Timezone: GMT+1 (UK)

2 Years
Nothing, I haven't met any =LSF= characters.
What should an LSF member do (Tasks, RP style, etc)?
Keep Liberty safe from major threats like very powerful non NPC Rouges, Outcasts, Xenos and Lane Hackers.
Always obey orders from anything ranked higher than him/her in Liberty Navy/Security Force.
Yes.
No.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Section 2
Don't do any of these:
- Use any MOD except the official Discovery MOD on Discovery RP 24/7 Server;
- Use equipment that exceeds ship specifications;
- Cloning, e.g. creating new characters to collect starting money.
The maximum allowed cruise speed in Discovery is 350, with higher speed possible only when catching up with a group.
Section 3
3.1 Using bad language, posting abusive, hateful, racist content in chat, public or private, is prohibited under any circumstances.
Section 5
If a player is attacked*, he** has a right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking. There are no restrictions for self-defense.
* = For purposes of these Rules, an attack is draining shields to 50% or lower, or hull damage, or when a Cruise Disruptor is fired. Intentional ramming of any large ship is also considered an attack.
** = That should be he/she, not just she.
I will try.
PS: My Liberty Secure Comms username is Homer.Simpson

=LSF= Recruitment - jarjaxle23 - 05-01-2009

* Name: Richard "Jarjaxle" Mclean
* Date Of Birth:12-27-79
* Sex: M
* Previous Jobs: Infantry for Liberty Military
* Skills: Seasoned pilot, skilled miner
* Military History: 4 years infantry
* Place of Birth: California Minor
* Department Interested in Joining: Any

Have you ever piloted a fighter/bomber craft? Fighter

Why do you wish to join the LSF? Its the best of the best.

Do you have a criminal record, or have been in trouble with the Liberty law? If so, for what reasons? None

Do you have any skills, competences and/or personality traits that could be useful towards the LSF? Im a born leader.

Tell us about yourself, that wasn't already put on the application so far. Graduated with honors in HS, Attended College in Manhattan and got a degree in military warfare at westpoint, Was a leutenant of the 23rd infantry company, and mined helium for a year prior to this application.

* Ingame names: jarjaxle
* Skype/Xfire username: Jarjaxle when i get one... i use vent atm
* Join Date on discovery server (and forum if you had an older account): four days prior to this app. but beat SP 6 times
* Timezone:Pacific

How long have you been playing freelancer? 3 years

How much do you know about the RP of the LSF? not much

What should an LSF member do (Tasks, RP style, etc)? Keep a RP composure and obey all rules and tasks of the LSF

Have you read AND understood the server rules of discovery? Yes

Have you ever been sanctioned or banned for violating a server rule in the last 6 months? No

Will you agree to uphold the server rules at all time on your =LSF= characters? Of Course

Do you understand that violation of these rules could result in your removal from the LSF, depending on the rule broken? Yes

Do you agree to respect all players on the server, admins, and members of this faction? Yes

Please state 3 rules from Section 2, Section 3, and Section 5 of the discovery server rules in your own words if possible. You hack and you Die, no cheating. Watch language and no system OOC. Connecticut if free PvP, no Dock killing

Will you be active at least once a week? yes

On a scale from 1-10 how would you rate your fighting skills? 9

On a scale from 1-10 how would you rate your in-game Role-playing skills?8

=LSF= Recruitment - kingvaillant - 05-03-2009

Steve Applestone and Shuhei Hisagi,

We are afraid to have no other choice than to deny your applications. Your past military histories makes any work within governmental organizations, dangerous for us. For our own political safety in times of war, we cannot accept you, even if you seem quite skilled for the job.

Best regards,
David Copperfield

((Now, in RP, I cannot let you in, since you were working for "RM", thus plausible spies. However, outside the RP aspect, both apps were quite decent. What I would recommend is to post an other app in, lets say a week, with some corrections made to it (IE removing past military history with RM(includes RM ships)) so it can make more sense to let both of you in, in RP. Sure, the newer apps would be reviewed as well (although I'll kick my guys ass a bit so they can review faster:P), which means there is still some possible chances of app denial as well))

--

Homer Simpson,

We came to decision that it was better to refuse your application for the greater good of our organization.

Regards,
David Copperfield

((Please... no cartoon characters. Even char names from movies or shows are... not that much fitting now, even though they can allow some kind of humor, but that is rare. Now you may wonder why my char is named David Copperfield like the magician, well, it was created a long time ago, when RP standard were more...slack... Although, I am...very slowly (beat me for that)... making an RP story to change my char name to something... more fitting and more serious... for a CIA-ish faction))

---

Richard "Jarjaxle" Mclean,

Your application has been sent to our offices for further review, you may receive an answer in less than 5 days.

Good luck,
David Copperfield