Discovery Gaming Community
=LSF= Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: =LSF= Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=12833)

=LSF= Recruitment - rayne - 03-15-2010

Firewall Status... [color=#33CC00]Online
Verify Encryption Keys... Ok
Confirm Identity... Julia Wolfe Recognised
Initialise Video Uplink... Established

[Image: Julia.gif]

Dear Mr Turtle,

We have reviewed your application and we have accepted you as an Agent in Training (AiT). Now all you need to do is outfit a Guardian/Avenger VHF, set your transponder to broadcast LSF and acquire the proper ID papers. Also I need you to sign a document to say you wont pass on any knowledge you obtain during your time in the LSF. For your training period you will be assigned to the Department of Homeland Security, where the relevant department heads will watch and observe you. That is all and welcome to the Liberty Security Force.

Official Secrets Act
Miss Julia Wolfe
Associate Deputy Director
Liberty Security Force High Command

[font=Agency FB][color=#CC0000]
Enabling Feedback Loop...
Closing Transmission...
Signal Lost...

=LSF= Recruitment - spacefish - 03-16-2010

*Incoming transmission*
*Comm ID:Adam_Holsten
*Decoding........25............50.............75............Decoding complete.

Name?
Answer: Adam Holsten.

Age?
Answer:29.

Sex?
Answer:Male.

Previous Jobs?
Answer:Miner,Navy.

Skills?
Answer:Support,Anti-Smuggling.

Military History?
Answer: Naval Officer 8 Years.

Place of birth?
Answer:Califonia minor.
Department you want to join?
Answer:Department of Homeland Security.

Have you ever piloted Bomber/Fighter?
Answer:Yes I Have Flown Both.

Why Do You Wish To Join LSF?
Answer:Many Of My Freinds Are In LSF And i Want New Experiences.

Do you have a criminal record, or have been in trouble with the Liberty law? If so, for what reasons? Answer:No.

Do you have any skills, competences and/or personality traits that could be useful towards the LSF?
Answer:I am Very useful support and work well in squadrons and i am very good at stoping smugglers and my personality is best put to this earth time saying "The Only Thing I Regret Is Having Only 1 Life To Spare For My Country.

Tell us about yourself, that wasn't already put on the application so far. (//short bio of the character, minimum 2-3 lines)
Answer:When i was 3 years of age Me and my family moved to Planet Los Angeles. My Mother Was a Stay at home mom and my dad was a naval officer.When i was 18 i graduated from The University Of Los Angeles With Moderate Grades and i Mined For 1 Year and got enough Money To go to west point and enlist and buy a good standard Naval ship. I Spent 2 Years in west point and when i was 21 i final got out there patrolling.

(( OOC Information))
Ingame Names:
RepEx-Shipping|821
Jack Holsten
Adam Holsten

Skype/Xfire username:None

Join Date on discovery server (and forum if you had an older account):2007 June

Timezone:-7

How long have you been playing freelancer?
2007 June

How much do you know about the RP of the LSF?

Not Much Other Than They Are Defenders of Liberty.

What should an LSF member do (Tasks, RP style, etc)?
Answer:Do What Ever It Takes To Protect Liberty

Have you Read And understand the rules?
Answer:Yes

Have you ever been sanctioned or banned for violating a server rule in the last 6 months? please provide links to the treads if so.
Answer:No

Will you agree to uphold the server rules at all time on your =LSF= characters?
Answer: Yes

Do you understand that violation of these rules could result in your removal from the LSF, depending on the rule broken?

Do you agree to respect all players on the server, admins, and members of this faction?

Please state 3 rules from Section 2, Section 3, and Section 5 of the discovery server rules in your own words if possible.
Section 2: any at all attempt to hack the server will result in a permanent ban
Section 3: All messages should be In English.
Section 5: Characters below Level 29 are not valid targets unless they are in Guard systems, have a codename weapon, are at a battle, or have an ID other than Civilian. Navy Rouge.ect

Will you be active at least once a week?

On a scale from 1-10 how would you rate your fighting skills?

Fighter:6

Bomber:3

Capitol:7

On a scale from 1-10 how would you rate your in-game Role-playing skills?
Answer: 8

=LSF= Recruitment - kingvaillant - 03-16-2010

Mister Housten,

Many of the reviewers are having issues reading your application. We would like you to re-send one written in a proper way. The lack of punctuation makes it near impossible to understand your application.

Thank you,
David Copperfield
LSF Director

=LSF= Recruitment - spacefish - 03-16-2010

' Wrote:Mister Housten,

Many of the reviewers are having issues reading your application. We would like you to re-send one written in a proper way. The lack of punctuation makes it near impossible to understand your application.

Thank you,
David Copperfield
LSF Director

Hey i posted my revised version check it out

=LSF= Recruitment - Joneh - 03-17-2010

Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Johny Leroy

Adam Holster,

Your changed application has been forwarded and is currently under review, please have patience and wait for an answer.

Best wishes

Secretary of Homeland Security Johny Leroy

End of Transmission

=LSF= Recruitment - kingvaillant - 03-20-2010

Adam Holster,

After a lengthy review of your application (the one you re-submitted). We decided to give you this opportunity. I hope you will enjoy a new career within the LSF. However, you will be closely supervised since your application has generated various opinions from our review team.

Please report yourself here

Regards,
Director Copperfield

//sorry for the delay... Job kept me busy

=LSF= Recruitment - dmacpher - 03-27-2010

*Incoming Transmission*
*Comm ID: Shaft_Tackapple*
*Message in the clear*

[color=#000099](( IC Information ))
Name: Shaft "tackapple" Macpherson
Date Of Birth: Unknown (Est. 30)
Sex: Male
Previous Jobs: Mining Engineer, Bouncer, Salvage Swamper, Galley's Mate
Skills: Dogfighting, Negotiations, Psy-ops, Quantum Mechanics. Ordinance
Military History: Liberty Navy (2 years)
Place of Birth: Uknown - Tau colonies assumed.
Department Interested in Joining: DHS

Have you ever piloted a fighter/bomber craft?
Answer: Yes, frequently.

Why do you wish to join the LSF?
Answer: Past experience assisting LSF members has been rewarding and inspiring. The structured and professional manner with which you conduct operations and standard patrols is appealing. I am looking for a challenge to test my mettle.

Do you have a criminal record, or have been in trouble with the Liberty law? If so, for what reasons?
Answer: Never

Do you have any skills, competences and/or personality traits that could be useful towards the LSF?
Answer: Some would say i'm old school. I believe in a common code of space fairing, and the polite but firm respect of the law. I have a personal interest in the physics of Gate Travel and a working understanding of Fighter repair and lane mechanics.

Tell us about yourself, that wasn't already put on the application so far. (//short bio of the character, minimum 2-3 lines)
Answer: My life story is a sometimes sorted and mysterious tale; I'm not entirely sure where I was born but I know I was found in a post natal incubation unit aboard an unmarked cargo vessel. The crew had died from an unknown but lethal cause. At the time the Liberty Police handled the investigation into the tragedy, and almost all information was classified soon after the med teams had finished their inspections. Ive never been able to learn my true heritage. I spent the next 17 years of my life bouncing around orphanages across liberty space. I spent much of this time being a general brat and living the life of a wandering apprentice learning all i could about the real world - while loathing the schools i attended. When i was no longer a ward of the state on my 17th birthday i signed up for the first freighter leaving the system and never looked back. I spent many years as a galley's mate in puddle jumpers running all the sleaziest back water trading routes in the known galaxy. Once i had worked my way up to the bridge as a weapons officer i moved on for better pastures. I spent the next 5 years of my life as a contract miner and gate lane technician for Deep Space Engineering. A generally uneventful experience, but a treasure trove of learning opportunities. In the last 2 years i've been a Navy pilot and a father. Things have changed, i'm a different man. I have a family to think of but a craving for duty and adventure. And so here i am, sitting in the cockpit of my Avenger typing this application on sparking console.

(( OOC Information))
Ingame names: Shaft_Tackapple(Main), Shaft_Tackmule(Cargo), Shaft_Tackminer(DSE Miner),
Skype/Xfire username: dmacpher
Join Date on discovery server (and forum if you had an older account): February 2010.
Timezone: UTC/GMT -8 hours (Pacific Daylight Time PDT)

How long have you been playing freelancer?
Answer: On and off for 2 years.

How much do you know about the RP of the LSF?
Answer: Enough to know that you work in com silence frequently. Letting the commanding officer speak is preffered in most situations involving other factions. A simple knowledge of your flight wing naming schemes, and faction mandate.

What should an LSF member do (Tasks, RP style, etc)?
Answer: A professional work ethic involving other branches of the Liberty military. Intelligence and information gathering. Undercover or covert domestic security. Safety and security of classified zones.

Have you read AND understood the server rules of discovery?

Have you ever been sanctioned or banned for violating a server rule in the last 6 months? please provide links to the treads if so.
Answer: No

Will you agree to uphold the server rules at all time on your =LSF= characters?

Do you understand that violation of these rules could result in your removal from the LSF, depending on the rule broken?

Do you agree to respect all players on the server, admins, and members of this faction?

Please state 3 rules from Section 2, Section 3, and Section 5 of the discovery server rules in your own words if possible. (sometime better wording is impossible, we know that)
Section 2: Cheating with or without illegal mods will result in a ban.
Section 3: Understandable and when possible correct English should be used.
Section 5: Leaving combat by docking, or moving beyond 10 000 meters will count as a pvp death.

Fighter: 8
Bomber: 6
Capital: 0

Answer: 7

[color=#FF0000]
*Transmission Ends*

=LSF= Recruitment - kingvaillant - 03-28-2010

Shaft "tackapple" Macpherson,

Your application has been forwarded to our office for evaluation. Once we make a decision we will contact you on the same channel.

Good luck,
David Copperfield

=LSF= Recruitment - crees - 03-28-2010

*Incoming Transmission*
*Comm ID: Crees*

Name: Crees Wiersma
Date Of Birth: 01-28-1985
Sex: Men
Previous Jobs: transport security
Skills: Dogfighting, Trading
Military History: -
Place of Birth: Manhattan
Department Interested in Joining: Department of Homeland Security. And when i have the experience for it: Special Operations Division.

Have you ever piloted a fighter/bomber craft?:

I have flown fighters and bombers. Preferring fighters.

Why do you wish to join the LSF?:

After being almost everywhere in sirius, seen so much criminal activity. I want to settle down and help getting rid of criminals in liberty. Like my father was rescued by the LSF.

Do you have a criminal record, or have been in trouble with the Liberty law? If so, for what reasons?:

No i never had troubles with anyone.

Do you have any skills, competences and/or personality traits that could be useful towards the LSF?:

Convincing people i needed for trading, but i don't know how this will help LSF.

Tell us about yourself, that wasn't already put on the application so far. (//short bio of the character, minimum 2-3 lines):

My name is Crees Wiersma, and i grew up in Manhattan where my mother owned a small restaurant. I never knew my father. The restaurant ran out of money and me and my mother where put on the street. My mother couldn't handle the stress and she died from a heart attack. Luckily i just passed my school exams and i needed to get a job. But i just couldn't find one, 2 days later while being exhausted i got called by my lost father! He said he was captured by criminals and forced to work in there base. But he was rescued by the LSF. And now he trades goods, while making a good amount of money he had send me money for a small ship. He said: Go make some money protect some transport ships, then he hang up on me. Never hearing from him again. I bought a ship and packed all my stuff and lift in to space to find some transports. After years of flying in Sirius i want to stick somewhere and protect the innocent.

OORP part
(( OOC Information))

Ingame names: Crees
Skype/Xfire username: jeroenw11 (skype) jeroenwiersma11(xfire)
Join Date on discovery server (and forum if you had an older account): 28 - 10 - 2009
Timezone: GMT +1/ Netherlands

How long have you been playing freelancer?:

1.5 years.

How much do you know about the RP of the LSF?:

I have seen them patrolling around Manhattan.

What should an LSF member do (Tasks, RP style, etc)?:

Safety and security of liberty, listen to there superior, a professional way of role playing.

Have you read AND understood the server rules of discovery?:

Yes.

Have you ever been sanctioned or banned for violating a server rule in the last 6 months? please provide links to the treads if so.:

Never.

Will you agree to uphold the server rules at all time on your =LSF= characters?:

Yes.

Do you understand that violation of these rules could result in your removal from the LSF, depending on the rule broken?:

Yes.

Do you agree to respect all players on the server, admins, and members of this faction?:

Yes.

Please state 3 rules from Section 2, Section 3, and Section 5 of the discovery server rules in your own words if possible. (sometime better wording is impossible, we know that):

Section 2:
- Using non-Discovery mods, speed-related and loot-related mods especially, as well as using modifications that improve stats of items and ships;
- Changing account information and using any kinds of software that changes normal gameplay;
- Using any equipment not included for sale/looting in Discovery mod, cloaks for example

Section 3:

3.1 Using coarse language, posting abusive, hateful, racist content in chat, public or private is prohibited under any circumstances. Any kind of flaming, threatening or insulting language directed at other members, factions or server administrators in chat, public or private, is prohibited on server and on forums. RP-related threats are allowed on the server.

3.2 All messages in system chat must be in understandable English.

3.3 Out-of-character (OOC) chat must not be used in system or local chat. OOC communication in group or private chat between players will cease if one player requests it. Admins are free to communicate with any player at any time.

Section 5:

5.2 All attacks must be the result of some form of role play. "Engaging" is not sufficient. An attack is any hostile action that drains shields to less than 50%. Being hit with a CD is not considered an attack. If a player is attacked he has a right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking.

5.3 Characters that are level 29 and below may only be attacked if at least one of the following conditions is met:

a) They do not have a civilian ID. Recruit IDs should be respected if the person is using it appropriately.
b) They attack you first by draining your shields to 50% or disrupt your cruise engines.
c) They are at the scene of a battle between yourself and someone else and refuse to leave when told to leave. (Civilians should leave the area when combat takes place or accept the risk of being attacked if remaining. Onlookers are fair targets.)
d) Civilians who possess a CODENAME weapon may be attacked within roleplay at any level according to the piracy requirements.

5.4 Intentional ramming of capital ships (gunboat-class or larger) by fighters and other capital ships is not allowed in PvP combat, as well as in any other situations.

Yes.

Greetings Crees,

*Transmission ending*

=LSF= Recruitment - rayne - 03-29-2010

Firewall Status... [color=#33CC00]Online
Verify Encryption Keys... Ok
Confirm Identity... Julia Wolfe Recognised
Initialise Video Uplink... Established

[Image: JuliacommAvatar3.gif]

Dear Shaft Tackapple,

That is a very unusual name, however. We have reviewed your application and we have accepted you as an Agent in Training (AiT). Now all you need to do is outfit a Guardian/Avenger VHF, set your transponder to broadcast LSF and acquire the proper ID papers. Also I need you to sign a document to say you wont pass on any knowledge you obtain during your time in the LSF. For your training period you will be assigned to the Department of Homeland Security, where the relevant department heads will watch and observe you. That is all and welcome to the Liberty Security Force.

Official Secrets Act
Miss Julia Wolfe
Associate Deputy Director
Liberty Security Force High Command

[font=Agency FB][color=#CC0000]
Enabling Feedback Loop...
Closing Transmission...
Signal Lost...