Discovery Gaming Community
=LSF= Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: =LSF= Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=12833)

=LSF= Recruitment - BearManJohn - 03-30-2012

((IC Information))
  • Name: John "BearMan" Stone
  • Place of Birth: California Minor
  • Skills: Transport, avoiding patrols, ex-smuggler
  • Previous Jobs: Smuggling, Transporting of any and all goods, Pirate hunter
  • Law enforcement, Military and/or Para-military History: none unless you count Pirate Hunting
  • Department Interested in Joining: Any department that gains me access to stopping and/or crippling the BDM U-Boats
All questions below must be answered, in order for your application to be considered.

Have you ever piloted a fighter craft and/or a bomber?
Yes currently piloting a bomber i believe its a Havock mkII

Why are you interested in joining the LSF?
[indent] I wish to put a stop to Rheinland U-Boats and their harrasment of honest lawfull workers

Do you have a criminal record, or have been in trouble with the Liberty law? If so, for what reasons?
Yes - Caught smuggling by Rheinland military inside Munic, New Berlin, and Sigma 13

Do you have any skills, competences and/or personality traits that could be useful towards the LSF?
[indent] I take orders well, smuggling, I do what ever it takes to complete a mission

Tell us about yourself, that wasn't already put on the application so far. (//short bio of the character, minimum 2-3 lines)
A large yet quiet bearded man, rough, stern and jovial.

If this application is approved, you will be put in our AIT (agent in training) course for two weeks, where we will determine if you're fit to be a agent in the LSF.

OORP part
((OOC Information))
  • Ingame names: BearMan/BearManJohn
  • Skype/Xfire username: i have niether
  • Join Date on the server: I've been playing about 3 weeks
  • Region: California- Pacific time

Have you read AND understood the server rules of discovery?
    [indent] Yes

Have you ever been sanctioned or banned for violating a server rule in the last 6 months? please provide links to the threads if so.
    [indent] No

On a scale from 1-10 how would you rate your in-game Role-playing skills?
    [indent] 6-7

Terms and conditions

The =LSF= reserves the right to expel a member from the faction if his or her conduct violates server rules, forum rules, faction rules or is being detrimental to the well being of the faction, its members and/or the community. The faction also requires applicants and faction members to respect the opinions of the various players of the community and the time they have invested in their characters, RP and other projects.
    [indent]Do you comply with the above terms?: Yes

=LSF= Recruitment - Skullz - 03-30-2012

[Image: LSFincTNJv12.png]

<div align="right][Image: jinkosmedalrack-1.png]
Mr Stone. What on earth do you think the Liberty Security Force even does? Sorry but your application is very poor, you are not accepted.

WARNING

All new applicants please read

Due to the high amount of poor applications I have been forced to make this short message. If you are looking to apply for the Liberty Security Force's please follow these simple steps. And these instructions are designed to help you.

STEP ONE

Read this.

STEP TWO

Read this.

STEP THREE

Read previously successful applications.

STEP FOUR

Make a draft of your proposed application via any Neural Net programme you wish to use. Take around an hour to do this.

STEP FIVE

Leave your draft file for about a day or two. More time is better however. Then return to your draft application file and read it. If you was the application reviewer, would you let that application through? If you answer no, then change answers on your application to make it better. If you can't answer the question yourself, ask a mate to have a look at your draft.

STEP SIX

Make changes to your application.

STEP SEVERN

Rinse and repeat steps five and six untill you are sure of your application is ready.

STEP EIGHT

Now apply.

Some further notes: If you are struggling to understand questions in the application form, ask any Agent with in =LSF= via Neural Net of what it mean't to them. All our members are happy to help you understand questions that are posed in the form. They won't though, answer the questions on the form for you.

I now wish you good luck in all your applications.

Sayanora

[color=#FFFFFF]. .. ...Enabling Feedback Loop... .. .
. .. ...Signal Lost... .. .

[Image: LSFINCfooterbasicV1.gif]

=LSF= Recruitment - BearManJohn - 03-30-2012

I apologize for a poor application I will not be bothering to re-apply for the LSF. However I will continue my efforts against Rheinlands half hazard lil spy group. Good day and good luck in your efforts.

-Bear

=LSF= Recruitment - Stefz - 04-01-2012

[Image: LSFTB.png]

Good day, Agents. My name is Brian Stone, I am an independent LSF agent who finally decided to go further from independence.

((IC Information))
  • Name: Brian Stone
  • Place of Birth: Planet Los Angeles
  • Skills: Gathering intel, combat, staying silent as a Ghost when needed.
  • Previous Jobs: Independent Liberty Security Force Agent.
  • Law enforcement, Military and/or Para-military History: Everything that would be a history of a regular independent LSF Agent.
  • Department Interested in Joining: Tactical Operations
All questions below must be answered, in order for your application to be considered.

<Yes> + <Guardian and Upholder are my primary vessels.>

<I am an independent Agent for 6 years, so I think I'm ready to take the next step.>

Do you have a criminal record, or have been in trouble with the Liberty law? If so, for what reasons?
<No>

Do you have any skills, competences and/or personality traits that could be useful towards the LSF?
<I am quite decent in combat situations and can bring important decisions quickly. I am also an expert in passing through a populated enemy territory unnoticed.>

Tell us about yourself, that wasn't already put on the application so far. (//short bio of the character, minimum 2-3 lines)
<I was born on planet Los Angeles. My parents are working on Newark station since the day I met them. When I was 18 I went to flight school. I was learning quickly and successfully passed all tests. In my 21th, I decided to step up for LSF. I had many adventures since then, be it Omicrons or Liberty systems. Now, after 6 years, I brought a decision to go further and serve the LSF with all I got.>
[Image: LSFTB1.png]

OORP part
((OOC Information))
  • Ingame names: There are way too many to mention. If It's really a mandatory I can drop someone a PM but it would take some time.
  • Skype username: stefan_nikolic96
  • Join Date on the server: 1.3.2011.
  • Region: Serbia

What should an LSF member do (Tasks, RP style, etc)?
<Find the threat, take it out, do whatever is necessary to ensure the safety and freedom of the people of Liberty. RP secret agents mostly.>

<Yes>

Then explain why the following rules are important:
3.1: <This is a gaming community. It should be a place where people come to relax, not insult or discriminate each other in any form.>
3.3: <Server title says it all.>
3.4: <If you think someone broke a rule, report him. Don't go around yelling: "Omg u bork rulez u will haz santchun.]
5.2: <See the answer to 3.3.>
5.6 to 5.8: <If you docked while in fight, your ship got damaged, it can't be repaired in 30 seconds. If you get killed, you surely cannot teleport back to base with a new ship waiting for you. If your ship is neutralized, make it stay that way.>

Have you ever been sanctioned or banned for violating a server rule in the last 6 months? please provide links to the threads if so.
<No>

<8>

Terms and conditions

The =LSF= reserves the right to expel a member from the faction if his or her conduct violates server rules, forum rules, faction rules or is being detrimental to the well being of the faction, its members and/or the community. The faction also requires applicants and faction members to respect the opinions of the various players of the community and the time they have invested in their characters, RP and other projects.
Do you comply with the above terms?: <Yes>

=LSF= Recruitment - Zigeris - 04-02-2012

[Image: LSFINCheaderbasicV1.gif]
Firewall Status...Online
Verify Encryption Keys...Ok
Identity: Special Agent Hansen, Rank S.A.A.
Subject: New prospects for =LSF=

Greetings Brian Stone,

I would like to announce my interest in getting to know you better as a person. So we can feel out if the LSF is right for you. I would very much appreciate it if you'd contact me via S.K.Y.P.E @ zigerisgarmen.

I have noted your services as an operative working as long as you have. Even some of your service papers will reflect highly on the ranks within the LSF. But I do not want to deceive you into believing that you will not be starting from the bottom. You will be at the bottom for some time. And each inch you get is every inch you deserve. Through our program we will take everything you thought you knew and create , in you, an entirely new Agent.

That is because:

Within the LSF you'll gain many traits and skills. Above that the LSF is a brotherhood and family that is untouchable and unbreakable. The LSF will take care of its family. If you choose to continue then someday I will call you my brother.

We are few, in number, we are elite within the numbers we have and we are proud to be LSF. There is no other like us or will ever be like us.

If you want to know what it takes to be a leader from a father, co- worker to all the way up to being leaders of nations then lets meet a short interview. You may contact me via PM here on my channel (forum PM) to setup an interview date and time.

Good luck, be well, and always godspeed

S.A. Hansen.

=LSF= Recruitment - Irishtiger - 04-10-2012

((IC Information))
  • Name: James "Irishtiger" O'Beirne
  • Place of Birth: Planet Manhattan, New York system, Liberty space - February 17, AS 787
  • Skills: Information Security (anti hacking, forced entry, information compromise), Piloting, diplomacy.
  • Previous Jobs: Freelancer, trader and IT professional. Self-appointed spy.
  • Law enforcement, Military and/or Para-military History: 4 years previous LPI and LN experience as well as 2 years LN (parallel universe)
  • Department Interested in Joining: TacOps

Yes, all ship types from LF to Cap. Most experience with Gunboat and Cap Ships. Could use training in smaller ship combat.

Honestly, I see threats to Liberty every day on trading runs. The threat posed by Gallia has also caused me to sit up and take notice. I'm tired of listening to smug comments from Gallic functionaries telling us how NICE they are being to "take" the Tau systems. We're next and I'm not going to stand for it, whether you accept this application or not. I have long felt that our war with Rheinland is a distraction from the growing threat of Gallia, and I would like to see Liberty focus our efforts on countering the Gallic threat. However, the reality of the situation with Rheinland must be dealt with on a day to day basis.

No, I have been a law abiding Liberty citizen since birth and will always be. I realize that sometimes the "law" as the citizens see it (LPI, LN), while important, can't get the job fully done. Sometimes you need to be wise as serpents, finding ways to pre-empt threats. If we weren't, we'd all be Nomads right now. Thank you Junko Zane!!

Excellent infiltration, information gathering and stealth skills. Excellent diplomacy and interpersonal skills. Outstanding computer hacking and network infiltration skills. Fair small ship piloting/combat skills, thousands of missions of all kinds flown for many factions inside Sirius. Excellent large ship/cap ship piloting skills.

I was born the scion of a long line of Liberty diplomats. My father, Joseph O'Beirne, served the Liberty Navy for 30 years and worked his way up to Captain of the Liberty Assault ship Tiberius before he retired and was appointed to serve as a sub-ambassador to Kusari. My mother, Alice, served the LPI as a sleeper agent while ostensibly serving as sub-ambassador to Bretonia. My birth was the result of their love, but they were never married. My mother died a victim of Gallic mines in Languedoc when I was very young. She had been attempting to find a way to bring Gallia and Liberty to the table and find ways we could work together. She was an unsung pioneer in this effort. However, she was betrayed by someone identifying himself only as Jean Baptiste LeFleur, a Council functionary who was later found to be a Galllic Navy spy within the Council. LeFleur apparently substituted her regular pilot for one of his own and this pilot steered my mother's ship into the Languedoc mine field, ejecting himself in time to avoid his own death. Needless to say, I'm very interested in ...finding... this Mr. LeFleur.

My father took her death very hard, and volunteered for a number of difficult and dangerous information gathering missions within Gallia under Council cover. I was trained early on that Gallia was a growing threat, and that something must be done about her immediately. This was well before it was generally known in Sirius that Gallia even existed.

I started my adult life in Sirius about 15 years ago, serving nearly every lawful Liberty faction in low-level capacities until the day I realized that I will be useless to Liberty without some insider information on her enemies. So I have spent the last 8 years infiltrating such lawless entities as the Liberty Rogues, Lane Hackers, Red Hessians, Mollys, Order, Corsairs, Outcasts, Golden Chrysanthemums and Unioners. My identity has been changed over and over again at great cost to myself so that I could be accepted into these entities. However, I have always had as my aim the ultimate destruction or minimization of these entities for the security and safety of Liberty. At one point, I was able to infiltrate Unione Corse in Gallic space, but that was short lived and I barely escaped with my life. I learned from this experience that I can no longer be a "Lone Wolf" or "Maverick". I need help and support. I believe the skills I've gained and the contacts I've made make me a great candidate for the LSF. Having been a maverick so far, I will probably need to do a bit of team work in order to fit fully into the LSF. However, the nature of what you do suits me to a "T".

If this application is approved, you will be put in our AIT (agent in training) course for two weeks, where we will determine if you're fit to be a agent in the LSF.

OORP part
((OOC Information))
  • Ingame names: Irishtiger, GoodSamClub
  • Skype/Xfire username: irishtiger7777
  • Join Date on the server: April 6, 2012 (latest join. I've joined before many times under other names)
  • Region: USA, Southern California.

Information Gathering, pre-emptive counter to threats, discovery and elimination of potential threats before they start, infiltration, diplomacy

Yes

3.1: Flaming and hateful speech are just basic life no-nos. If the server allows players to mouth off at one another, then we are setting a very poor example. New players might decide against coming into the server if they see these kinds of things. The value of a human being is beyond imagining. We should talk like that's what we think.
3.3: The whole point of an RP server is to do RP. Local and in-group chats are more fun and interesting when we are in character. It sets the correct atmosphere for the game. Games are nothing without rules, as my 4-year-old daughter is teaching me. LOL
3.4: Reports and sanctions should never be used as a bludgeon over the heads of fellow players. When they are, they lose their power and importance as a game play enforcement tool. It's the "cry wolf" syndrome. If you're going to report someone, gather evidence and do it. Don't threaten them. We're better than that. It's a game.
5.2: This rule goes back to the basic reason for game play. Role play. I can't tell you how many times I've been shot at or killed by players who don't know the first thing about role play. It made me discouraged at times and made me want to quit. I understand a pirate wanting something from me. I don't understand a PC simply shooting at me for no reason.
5.6 to 5.8: Combat needs rules of engagement. If we don't have some kind of combat rules, its the wild west out there and no one is going to want to come on the server. The strong will kill off the weak and the weak will never be allowed the chance to use their gaming skill to become strong.

No

Terms and conditions

=LSF= Recruitment - Zigeris - 04-11-2012

Firewall Status...Online
Verify Encryption Keys...Ok
Identity: Special Agent Hansen, Rank S.E.A.
Subject: New prospects for =LSF=

Greetings James O'Beirne,

Welcome to the Delayed Entry Program of the Liberty Security Force. I would like to set up a time where I can interview you and see where you're at and what your goals are. I have a data copy of your Type 860 National Security Background forms but I would like you to have your hard copy in hand when you stop by my office. I wanna stress to you that you bring any and all information that will help in the Type 860 forms such as medical records and financial records.

Because you've already have a type 860 form filed, as your previous employment, you will not be required to take a Aptitude placement test. You scored a 99 which is the best score possible and you'd only need an 85+ to approve for the LSF Delayed Entry Program. But you will still need to do a physical and mental screening.

I will do my best to get you through this process as quick and painless as possible!

You may contact me via PM here on my channel (forum PM) to setup an interview date and time.

Good luck, be well, and always godspeed

S.E.A. Hansen.

=LSF= Recruitment - Remnant - 04-17-2012

Name: James Harper
Place Of Birth: Manhattan
Skills: great strategist, Gate Physics, experienced pilot
Previous Jobs: Been freelancer the entire time, doing jobs mostly for Liberty forces
Law Enforcement: as said above, freelancing and trading most of my life
Department interested: Homeland Security

Have you ever piloted a fighter craft and/or a bomber?:
I have piloted a fighter a little bit, but I mostly have piloted the havoc mark II bomber.

I have watched as the time transporting goods as a trader and seen the pirates and the security threats that are wide open, and want to do my best to close the threats and protect liberty area in the best way possible.

No.
i am great at apprehending that the enemy would do next, and i know my way around the system better then anybody else i met (probably not including the LSF) but the skill of knowing the best way to get everywhere might help.

Tell us about yourself, that wasn't already put on the application so far.
Ive seen lots out in space and know whats out there and i know joining the LSF would be the best way to make peace. i have been a freelancer my entire life doing a verity of jobs such as trading to planets, hired by the navy to attack a target, or even hired as an escort for traders passing through the system. ever since i was a kid i always wanted to be a pilot. i had no interest of staying on the planet and loved to be able to fly around in my own ship until 10 years ago my dream came true. currently im flying a Havoc MK 2 bomber, and saving up for Antimatter cannons for when i join the LSF. i am going to try to be the best i can and i will follow orders to the end.
LOG ENTRY 10.334 END

[*]Ingame names: NightTornado (deleted other characters)
[*]Skype/Xfire username: Skype: moveit56
[*]Join Date on the server: April 5th 2012 (but i have played freelancer for about 2 years. just recently joined the server)
[*]Region: Eastern US.

a member of the LSF should protect homeland security to start, and work on threats that are out of system that we know have someting planning for liberty space. They should follow tasks of the LSF administrator and apprehend pirates that are doing things that are illegal in the system (if the navy doesent handle that wich you can never tell if they will or not) they should patrol systems for threts and if something unusual shows up, find out if it could damage anything in any way and if so remove it.

Yes.

3.1- Using language like that would disrupt the peace of other people and make game play for others different then normal because language would be "unruly" and probably very out of character for people in the sirius anyways.
3.3- if you brodcast OOC messages randomly where there are others who are "in character" it will disrupt their role play because somebody said something that had nothing to do with the sirius world and it just makes the role play atmosphere dissapear
3.4- well to start, if your role playing you shouldn't want to ban or sanction anybody. if someone does something to make you angry or anything along those lines then take it out in role play such as actually declaring war on the player, don't pretend to be an admin (witch you are not) and say that you will ban them.
5.2- Just attacking a player, just like most rules above disrupt RP gameplay. attacking people without having a good reason has nothing to do at all about RP and should not be done.
5.6-5.8- all these rules have to do with disrupting RP. leaving when in interaction would be unfair to the other player no matter what they were doing such as declaring goods from you, or you getting contraband from others. entering a system after you have been killed by PVP would be normal in a RP world because you have to repair your ship and get clearance to get back into the system.

no. i have never been sanctioned or banned from any of my characters.

Role-playing i am good at, i follow the rules and interact well with others so i would rate myself 9 (never can be perfect)

=LSF= Recruitment - Strobel - 04-20-2012

Firewall Status... [color=#33CC00]Online
Verify Encryption Keys... Ok
Confirm Identity... Mosby, Sonya Recognized

Mister Harper,

we've received your application and it was considered via internal processes.
While running a small background check on your data we've noticed that you also applied for the Liberty Navy and that you've been accepted into their service.
Hereby we consider your application as redundant and denied.

Good luck in your naval career.

Sonya Mosby
Secretary
Liberty Security Force

[font=Agency FB][color=#CC0000]Enabling Feedback Loop...
Closing Transmission...
Signal Lost...

=LSF= Recruitment - james.silver - 04-22-2012

((IC Information))
  • Name: James Silver
  • Place of Birth: Manhattan
  • Skills: trading, flight
  • Previous Jobs: Trader, Freelancer
  • Law enforcement, Military and/or Para-military History: Freelancer for Liberty peace-keeper forces
  • Department Interested in Joining: TacOps

Yes

I wish to ensure the safety of Liberty on all fronts

No

fight, persuasion

I started out as a trader, but pirate attacks were often so I decided to freelancer for the police and the military and realized that pirates were only a minor threat. So I decided to join the LSF, for I consider them the only ones that have the capabilities to deal with more pressing problems that threat the integrity of Liberty.

OORP part
    ((OOC Information))
    • Ingame names: James.Silver
    • Skype/Xfire username: skype: james.sylver
    • Join Date on the server: i have no idea, not long ago.
    • Region:Romania, GMT+3

Infiltrate, discover threats, eliminate them

Yes

3.1: <Answer> We need to act human (civilized) and make a good impression.
    3.3: <Answer>As it is a roleplaying server, people expect RP so....roleplay!
    3.4: <Answer>If you've got evidence, there's no need for all that.
    5.2: <Answer> A RP reason is needed to atack someone.
    5.6 to 5.8: <Answer> PVP rules. They help create order and not just senseless slaughter, since it's RP after all.
    All rules are important for normal gaming and not just a chaotic whirlwind

No

<6-7( i want to improve)

Terms and conditions