Discovery Gaming Community
Can DEVS replace New Haven Station in conn with a smaller depot (like Rochester Base) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Can DEVS replace New Haven Station in conn with a smaller depot (like Rochester Base) (/showthread.php?tid=128408)

Pages: 1 2

Can DEVS replace New Haven Station in conn with a smaller depot (like Rochester Base) - Cookie Jar Cloaks - 04-13-2015

Its really annoying at peak times to have to spam /stuck in order to become unstuck + merged with every other bs undocking at the same time it becomes a nightmare if you fly a large bs.........

+ New Haven serves no RP purpose so its current model is illogical hence the size is not required for its purpose as a spawn point in conn.

RE: Can DEVS replace New Haven Station in conn with a smaller depot (like Rochester Base) - Connor - 04-13-2015

Quote:New Haven serves no RP purpose

Conn is an OORP system [Image: skype_facepalm.gif]

No but seriously. That station is fine. No need to do anything with it. You only have to /stuck once or twice. Use reverse every so often.

RE: Can DEVS replace New Haven Station in conn with a smaller depot (like Rochester Base) - Mao - 04-13-2015

#removeconn

But yeah, that base is annoying sometimes.

RE: Can DEVS replace New Haven Station in conn with a smaller depot (like Rochester Base) - Cookie Jar Cloaks - 04-13-2015

(04-13-2015, 10:48 PM)Snoopy Wrote:
Quote:New Haven serves no RP purpose

Conn is an OORP system [Image: skype_facepalm.gif]

No but seriously. That station is fine. No need to do anything with it. You only have to /stuck once or twice. Use reverse every so often.

respectfully no sir, the station is huge, and if you undock with a large battleship that has many appendages like for eg a Zoner Juggernaught, KU BS or Valor etc etc.

You can easily get stuck when you undock as your hitbox combines with that of the station.

Reverse does not work if you are stuck and spamming /stuck is a very lowtech way to solve the problem, be done with that stupid model and put a small depot there.

Or change the undock sequence to be similar to that of mooring fixtures on planets where the Capship undocks sideways from the base and not in the middle of the 3D Model as is currently the case.

RE: Can DEVS replace New Haven Station in conn with a smaller depot (like Rochester Base) - Tachyon - 04-13-2015

I don't see the point of having it that big myself, on the other hand, though, I also don't see this taking any priority over other issues having to be looked at.

RE: Can DEVS replace New Haven Station in conn with a smaller depot (like Rochester Base) - Hidamari - 04-13-2015

just make it like that bretonian buoy they have next to leeds.

RE: Can DEVS replace New Haven Station in conn with a smaller depot (like Rochester Base) - StarRaven - 04-13-2015

(04-13-2015, 11:36 PM)Hidamari Wrote: just make it like that bretonian buoy they have next to leeds.

Hehe

RE: Can DEVS replace New Haven Station in conn with a smaller depot (like Rochester Base) - Sciamach - 04-14-2015

Fairly certain there's more important things they could be working on.

Besides, it used to be a lot worse; New Haven used to have GUNS.

It was terrible.

RE: Can DEVS replace New Haven Station in conn with a smaller depot (like Rochester Base) - Kauket - 04-14-2015

i'm not getting insta'd by caps just for your amusement while transferring, it's fine as it is.

RE: Can DEVS replace New Haven Station in conn with a smaller depot (like Rochester Base) - Tarator - 04-14-2015

(04-14-2015, 02:33 AM)Nyx Wrote: i'm not getting insta'd by caps just for your amusement while transferring, it's fine as it is.

This.