Discovery Gaming Community
Hi! + questions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Hi! + questions (/showthread.php?tid=128476)

Hi! + questions - Stef4n0 - 04-15-2015

Hello guys!
As soon as I randomly found this community I reinstalled this great game that now with your Discovery mod is really epic!

I read some tutorials and rules already, but I still have few questions.

1. Can I change ship using the same charachter?

2. How can I enjoy fighting PvP? Just randomly or are there some borders/systems where there are players, who fight PvP?

3. Can I give my ship to another character? (I know that there is the command for the money, what about ships/objects?)

4. I would like to create a new character to trade, which faction would be the best? (and which command should I write? /restart Beginner or is there another convenient faction?)

About the rules:

If you fight PvP and you die, you have to wait 2 hours to reconnect. Does it concerns only the character, the account, or you can't relog even with another account?

Hardware problem:

I'm playing with the integrated Intel graphic card, but I would love to enjoy the Nvidia Geforce 840M that my notebook has.
I'm running windows 8.1 64bit. I tried to start the program in "compatibility mode -> Windows XP service pack 2/3" but it has a lot of lag! Is there some possibility to use it? (note: I'm not using the bloom mode, I read that it could be a problem for Nvidia video cards)

Sorry, there are a lot of question!
If you can answer me with a tutorial/f.a.q. I will read it
Thanks!

RE: Hi! + questions - Praetor - 04-15-2015

Welcome to Disco,hope you enjoy the mod!

1.No,you can buy a new ship and it will replace the old one.
2.Lawful ships and unlawful ships fight each other everywhere(usualy core systems),warring houses fight each other in the systems bordering them,and finally for just ure pvp ANYONE can go to Conn to fight ANYONE.
Just dock at a station and type /conn,you will be taken to another 'virtual' system called Conn where if players agree to fight they can freely fight.
3.You cannot transfer only ships,but using /movechar you can transfer the entire character to another player\s account.
4.For trading,pick a factions that's kinda neutral most of the other factions.<Bias>(Pick Republican Shipping)</Bias>

If you die,you need to wait few hours before logging THAT SAME character/ship.
You can freely log any other ship and continue playing elsewhere.

Disable bloom and try.
Use GPU-Z to see what card and how much of it your system is using.

Hope this reply helps.

RE: Hi! + questions - Alley - 04-15-2015

I believe there's an option to use the integrated intel gpu or the dedicated cpu, I had it on an nvidia laptop.

RE: Hi! + questions - Stef4n0 - 04-15-2015

(04-15-2015, 06:17 PM)Praetor Wrote: Conn to fight ANYONE.

Amazing! Thanks!

Anyway now I am playing with the intel video card, I was just wondering if I could have used the Nvidia, since that it's supposed to be better.

Thank you anyway Wink

RE: Hi! + questions - Jazzi - 04-15-2015

Hello, and welcome!

It's good to see you on the forums after your stellar RP performance in-game, hope to be seeing you in space again sometime soon!