Discovery Gaming Community
Pirating from allied targets - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Pirating from allied targets (/showthread.php?tid=129131)

Pages: 1 2 3

Pirating from allied targets - Commander Crucible - 05-08-2015

So i was just reading through some of the faction infortmation pages and when i came across the Junker Marauders page, i noticed they are fully allied with the GMG yet there have been many cases of the same JM attacking and destroying GMG transports and cargo near Honshu.

So we can go ahead and demolish our pre-determined credibility with factions jut for the fun of pirating? I fail to understand this.

Can someone please elaborate on this.

RE: Pirating from allied targets - Sabru - 05-08-2015

i dont know how JM's relations with GMG actually are, but i suspect that they are allied to GMG| the official faction, but not GMG indies who probably would be more neutralish.

thats only theory though, and someone from JM would be able to clarify.

i think there have been previous times where factions have allied (or been friendly) to a faction, but not to their indies.

RE: Pirating from allied targets - Ponge - 05-08-2015

Didn't they worked out an alliance AFTER the piracy incidents?

RE: Pirating from allied targets - Lord Caedus - 05-08-2015

(05-08-2015, 04:41 AM)Sabru Wrote: i dont know how JM's relations with GMG actually are, but i suspect that they are allied to GMG| the official faction, but not GMG indies who probably would be more neutralish.

thats only theory though, and someone from JM would be able to clarify.

i think there have been previous times where factions have allied (or been friendly) to a faction, but not to their indies.

(05-08-2015, 06:58 AM)Ponge Wrote: Didn't they worked out an alliance AFTER the piracy incidents?

That's basically how it worked, yes.

RE: Pirating from allied targets - Commander Crucible - 05-08-2015

Well i still got destroyed not once but twice by the same faction

RE: Pirating from allied targets - SpaceTime - 05-08-2015

It's a violation of the server rules if a faction hunts the indies but works for the official faction.

RE: Pirating from allied targets - Fluffyball - 05-08-2015

The problem with JM and Junkers is that both pirate in Sigmas. And GMG act as a law authority in, at least, Sigma-13 and Okinawa.

As for pirating allies, if it's preceeded by roleplay, I would see no objection behind that - especially when hired mercs aren't natives to the part of the Sirius. But there are ooRP server rules. Rules > RP.

If you know some European history, Polish king summoned Teutonic Order to defend territories from the Pagans. The Knights of the Order ended up fighting up with Kingdoms of Poland and Lithuania, as Teutons started to pillage "contractor"'s territory.

RE: Pirating from allied targets - Commander Crucible - 05-08-2015

We'll if it's a violation of the rules, then we have atleast 5 JM pilots breaking the Rules
There was another post quite recently about GMG pilot being shot to pieces. He threw in a bounty for their heads.
Unfortunately the only evidence I can provide is my personal experience with these thugs and that recent post.

RE: Pirating from allied targets - SpaceTime - 05-08-2015

Well let's wait first for Lyth to come and provide some explanations. I am sure there is something we're missing here.

(Lyth = JM faction leader)

RE: Pirating from allied targets - Jack_Henderson - 05-08-2015

Likely a server rule violation. Report it to find out.

I'd build the argument like this:

Bouty board rule: you need to be at least neutral to the faction that employs you. JM| are hunting bounties for GMG. Therefore they have to be at least neutral - and therefore can never be red. The piracy/attacks acts can therefore not be part of any bounty against GMG.

Quote:Bounty Board #9. The character registered on a board must be at least neutral to their employer, and hostile to the faction they are targeting in a bounty.

Make sure you screenshot and link that rep sheet that is on their page (OP mentioned it), showing that they are fully allied, to send it with the report - if you decide to go that way.

If you are friendly/fully allied to a faction, pirating them (or their indies) is imo a rather obvious 1.3 rule violation.

Quote:1.3 Every player must have one ID equipped on their ship. Player should follow the restrictions and allowances listed in their ID and their roleplay and conduct must match the actions of their characters. In cases where these restrictions and allowances conflict with the server rules, the ID overrides the rules.

If you are an indie GMG who got hit by JM (or any other faction allied/neutrlish/friendly to GMG), report it also irply to GMG|. hey need to know to act irply.

That's the way to fight back. Up to you which way you want to take.

Enjoy the game! Wink

Jack