Discovery Gaming Community
Council of Sirius - FEEDBACK - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Council of Sirius - FEEDBACK (/showthread.php?tid=129234)

Pages: 1 2 3

Council of Sirius - FEEDBACK - Security Council - 05-10-2015

FEEDBACK

As some persons weren't patient enough to wait for this tread, well now here it is.

Before posting your idea's on this project there are some things you need to know!!

- This would be something similiar to the United Nations wich also has no influence at all, as every one disagrees with the other one.

- This faction will rather be RP on the forum then in-game

- We'll only try to archive that peace by RP, we know that this won't happen!

- And for our in-game stuff we'll keep it to house space, independent and border worlds. Just small snubs "patroling" like the UN soldiers.

Now go ahead and please keep it constructive...

RE: Council of Sirius - FEEDBACK - Lythrilux - 05-10-2015

*breathes in*
Brace yourself.

RE: Council of Sirius - FEEDBACK - Karst - 05-10-2015

Ho boy, where to begin.
I actually kind of like this idea in general.

The main issue is a monumental case of powergaming - you claim to have relations and influence that you simply don't. You cannot, for example, claim to have a representative selected by the King of Gallia when the person roleplaying the King of Gallia has done no such thing.

I would approach the people in charge of the house governments first and see if they are interested in participating in this.

RE: Council of Sirius - FEEDBACK - jammi - 05-10-2015

First thought, you're going to catch a lot of heat from people who think this is powergaming. Currently you're saying the council already exists and all the houses are participating members.

I can pretty much guarantee that most of the involved parties will respond along the lines of, "err, what's this and why are you saying we're affiliated with you?" the first time you contact them.

My solution would be to make your group's objective the establishment of this sort of council. Claiming that it already exists is just going to alienate the people you're looking to work with.

Plus if your goal is establishing the council you actually have something tangible to do.

Unrelated side note, but did you create the CTE group recently as well?

RE: Council of Sirius - FEEDBACK - Wildkins - 05-10-2015

You should probably talk with the five governments, or at least the faction leaders of the house militaries to get this sorted out.

Those would be, if I'm not mistaken:
Liberty (Liberty Navy): @"John Wildkins"
Bretonia (Bretonian Armed Forces): @AlphaWolf215
Kusari (Kusari Naval Forces): @Stuffz
Rheinland (Rheinland Military): @ChillerMiller
Gallia (Gallic Royal Navy): @Miaou

RE: Council of Sirius - FEEDBACK - The Liberty Rogues - 05-10-2015

How are you going to "Elimination of piracy, terrorism, smuggling and slavery" with a Freelancer ID?

RE: Council of Sirius - FEEDBACK - Foochow - 05-10-2015

Well, I hoped I won't see this nonsense here but ah well.

I don't believe you'll succeed to this since the houses who are in war won't even talk to each other and they wont look past their previous battles and events.

And having a peace between all houses would be useless and not fun. Which would kill the activity for sure.

And yeah, brace yourselves, I don't believe you'll live to fly through a system.

RE: Council of Sirius - FEEDBACK - Darku - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 05:19 PM)Council of Sirius Wrote:
ID/IFF: Freelancer ID/IFF
TAG: SC)
Chancellor:
Birgitte Nyborg

[Image: WTF_zpsrmqyhok2.jpg]

for what purpose !

RE: Council of Sirius - FEEDBACK - Security Council - 05-10-2015

@Karst: We might have skipped that indeed, it was our first tought. However we'll certainly contact the houses and affiliated militaries to 'join' the council. We thank you for your feedback.

@jammi: The same as what Karst said, i like your solution by changing it to "Archiving this council" but how do you collect members for your group when it hasn't got any members? It's discussable. We'll certainly think about it. No that wasn't us who created CTE. Your feedback is well appreciated.

@john Wildkins: Contact will certainly be established (i'll first work on the info page, and eventually change our point of view of Jammi Proposed.

RE: Council of Sirius - FEEDBACK - Miaou - 05-10-2015

Can you change your images to take out the god awful yellow backgrounds? It hurts my little eyes Sad