Discovery Gaming Community
GMG, IC and EFL are dying - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: GMG, IC and EFL are dying (/showthread.php?tid=129284)

Pages: 1 2 3

GMG, IC and EFL are dying - trails - 05-12-2015

I was looking to join somewhere in need of members, and visited this
factions. No one respond to last applications it seems.
I am curious how all this work. Who give a power to a leader to be a leader?
What can stop a leader if he decide to kill a faction by not accepting anyone?

RE: GMG, IC and EFL are dying - Vulkhard Muller - 05-12-2015

AS Leader of EFL I would like to say that I am also busy with alot of other things as well as Real Life. So If you apply Please do Poke me generally Through the massive numbers of Threads I have to sort through Applications get lost pretty easy. I do apologize.

All Leaders can be found here:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showteam.php

So yeah Poking us is probably a good way to get our attention.

RE: GMG, IC and EFL are dying - Gulryz - 05-12-2015

GMG is not dead I think ( but I am not there anymore)

RE: GMG, IC and EFL are dying - Highland Laddie - 05-12-2015

IC, at some level, just seems fairly irrelevant in this game. They're not a shipping company, of which Liberty already has one whom they don't rival anyways. They don't really make anything. They're basically a glorified insurance company that owns stations in every house. That's about it. I don't see the draw.

RE: GMG, IC and EFL are dying - sindroms - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 02:10 AM)trails Wrote: I was looking to join somewhere in need of members, and visited this
factions. No one respond to last applications it seems.
I am curious how all this work. Who give a power to a leader to be a leader?
What can stop a leader if he decide to kill a faction by not accepting anyone?

The power of a leader is exactly what it is. They are responsible for the faction they lead and it is one of their rights to pull the plug on the project if they feel like it is time. This happens quite often enough. Nothing can, or should for that matter, stop a leader from not accepting members to keep a faction's activity low enough or to even kill it off outright. Though judging from the way you address this question, the reason your applications were not accepted might be a completely different one.

RE: GMG, IC and EFL are dying - Shizune - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 02:10 AM)trails Wrote: I am curious how all this work. Who give a power to a leader to be a leader?

Leader ranks are only give by the last leader
So say Big_B wanted to step down as BD leader, he'd pick who's next and then that person would be leader
Sometimes its a choice of whos in high command of a faction who becomes leaders, so the admins, devs and them have zero say in it

As for the second thing, thats normally when the 2iC, 3iC, Council, High Command or whatever leaders the faction; steps in to work on it. IC I don't think has an 2iC and I think were closing down. EFL's members are busy with real life and GMG are becoming active again

(As a member of all 3)

RE: GMG, IC and EFL are dying - Shinju - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 02:10 AM)trails Wrote: No one respond to last applications it seems.

Yet everyone who applied in GMG recruitment was accepted.

RE: GMG, IC and EFL are dying - trails - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 02:56 AM)Vulkhard Muller Wrote: So If you apply Please do Poke me..

I will Smile

(05-12-2015, 03:30 AM)sindroms Wrote: Though judging from the way you address this question, the reason your applications were not accepted might be a completely different one.

I didn't apply anywhere. Just noticed there is no response to others.

(05-12-2015, 03:30 AM)Shizune Wrote: Leader ranks are only give by the last leader

Thanks.. I was always curious about that.

(05-12-2015, 04:26 AM)Shinju Wrote: Yet everyone who applied in GMG recruitment was accepted.

I like that. I will apply then Smile

RE: GMG, IC and EFL are dying - Lythrilux - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 04:26 AM)Shinju Wrote:
(05-12-2015, 02:10 AM)trails Wrote: No one respond to last applications it seems.

Yet everyone who applied in GMG recruitment was accepted.
The problem was, which is something that I did point out to you, is that you never actually posted in the recruitment thread that they were accepted. As trails shows, this gives no indication to the rest of the community that GMG is accepting their recruits and makes the faction look even more dead than it actually is.

RE: GMG, IC and EFL are dying - Shinju - 05-12-2015

You've never pointed out things about recruitment. Only thing you wanted to achieve was "GB for everyone, better tech, promote me".

I am not going any further, because I said I am kinda busy and I don't have enough time for factions, stress and ooRP dramas around. Not talking about exams, so forumlancing only. Talk to @meoshi since he is your new leader. I am done with Officials - Drama, stress > Fun isnt my style.