Discovery Gaming Community
Armo(u)red Warfare. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Armo(u)red Warfare. (/showthread.php?tid=129327)

Armo(u)red Warfare. - Echo 7-7 - 05-13-2015

Armored Warfare

Considered by some to be the challenger that will steal the tank battle genre crown from World of Tanks, and others as just a cheap copy-paste, Early Access will soon be available to the public through the purchase of one of the game's Founder Packs. Critically, many core gameplay elements are being (or have been) balanced keeping mind several of WoT's widely known criticisms, including the use of premium shells, imbalanced income for playing very well but losing the battle because of a bad team, and just about everything related to the artillery class. Also, the developers have established a rapport with their community, particularly the alpha testers, whose ongoing feedback has apparently been acknowledged and used to implement changes.

At the launch of the full game, AW will feature 15 v 15 PvP battles, as well as PvE missions/scenarios against an as-yet unspecified set of enemy tanks. Available tanks are all from the modern era - beginning in the 1970s or 80s, but including modern refits of older models, up to present day tanks - in contrast with WoT and War Thunder's focus on 1930s-60s vehicles. The five classes include Main Battle Tank, Light Tank, Tank Destroyer, Armored Fighting Vehicle (AFV), and Self-Propelled Gun (SPG), all with unique in game roles and abilities. Different tanks will be accessible from various "dealers" that a player unlocks as they gain more experience, so individual tanks are not locked inside a single nation's tech tree like in WoT, allowing armored combat vehicles from any nation to be introduced to the game.

---

So, thoughts? I'm looking forward to it after quite a decent length of time playing WoT.

RE: Armo(u)red Warfare. - Sabru - 05-13-2015

very impressive.

- well thought out.
- well known developer (obsidian)
- nice progression system
- actual, meaningful classes and unique bonuses and stuff for each
- less absurd vehicles and overdone stuff.
- PVP and PVE

much good, very tanky. signed up, so hope i get picked for beta.

good find +1

RE: Armo(u)red Warfare. - Tarator - 05-13-2015

Looks promising, and yeh nice find indeed. Will try it for sure.

Edit:
Quote:Will Armored Warfare require a subscription or purchase?

Quote:No, Armored Warfare will be free-to-play.

RE: Armo(u)red Warfare. - Sath - 05-13-2015

Looks like it will overtake WoT, atleast initially. The community is at unrest over the direction WoT seems to be going, of late. So yeah, if they can keep their initial momentum, AW can easily overthrow WoT.

RE: Armo(u)red Warfare. - Sabru - 05-14-2015

WoT, back at launch, was hit and miss but it was fun.

WoT now, yeah the direction they are taking is just more and more stupid. + 'russian bias' which does exist in some form in WoT.

RE: Armo(u)red Warfare. - Strichev - 05-14-2015

At launch wot was totally horrible to play, but in a good way. The excitement of fighting the old KV-2 with a tier III was just amazing. Right? Anyhow, I personally think WoT was successful because it was something new and original in a way. Years later it is seen for what it really is; just a repetitive old grind. Sure, it is addictive, but somehow people grow tired of it.

I doubt that Armoured Warfare will be a resounding success. It seems all too similar to WoT in its essence to warrant as much attention. I doubt burnt out WoT players will start playing a game so similar again.

I think the main problem with WoT is not Russian bias but the appalling selection of maps. It's the same corridor map again and again. People go to the same spots and after 7-10k battles nothing new ever happens. Except for an introduction of a new paper power creeping tank. But that's another story.

RE: Armo(u)red Warfare. - Echo 7-7 - 05-27-2015

Early Access downloads are now open. Servers go up on the evening of the 27th for both US and EU. Info.