Discovery Gaming Community
Freelancer Companion 2.01 error : We meet again - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Freelancer Companion 2.01 error : We meet again (/showthread.php?tid=129371)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Freelancer Companion 2.01 error : We meet again - Rhonkar - 05-14-2015

I get this when I launch it :

[Image: jLoIqpZ.jpg]

It seems that the problem started after devs have modified some ini files ? Any suggestions ? Many thanks!

RE: Freelancer Companion 2.01 error : We meet again - Ubena - 05-14-2015

(05-14-2015, 03:57 PM)Rhonkar Wrote: I get this when I launch it :

[Image: jLoIqpZ.jpg]

It seems that the problem started after devs have modified some ini files ? Any suggestions ? Many thanks!

try this one. works fine.

RE: Freelancer Companion 2.01 error : We meet again - Rhonkar - 05-14-2015

Thanks for your answer Ubena, unfortunately it is a well-known problem that the last version of Freelancer Companion doesn't work after Discovery 4.86, if I remember well. Indeed, the software is not importing data from the game and from directories and this is why you don't have an error when you launch it. The 2.01 version was working well for months until some Discovery updates have been done, I guess. Does anyone is running fine the 2.01 version of Freelancer Companion with Discovery 4.88.1 ? Perhaps it is just a problem on my side...

RE: Freelancer Companion 2.01 error : We meet again - NoMe - 05-14-2015

hi

if you type on the x, your companion is down but without type on the x, but just reduced the error log your companion work. if it is just for the ore price, you can ask IMG they know very well these prices

Thanks but I am sorry I should have been more explicit. Actually, there is another error window that appears above this one (this is in french) :

[Image: sBzqBCi.jpg]

So, the under window is inactive and whatever I do on the above one (Cancel, Retry, Ignore), this ends up in a crash like this one :

[Image: lyg1xoW.jpg]

What is very strange is that some days ago your method was working (I mean there wasn't the IniFile.cpp error window, just the first one).

Edit : I use this soft for years as a trader, so I need it for everything not only ore prices

RE: Freelancer Companion 2.01 error : We meet again - Nerva - 05-14-2015

I started getting the same issue with FLCompanion 2.01 not too long ago.

[Image: AllU9Gg.png]

Version 2.02 is still working fine. (Except it cannot import prices but that isn't a new issue.)

Thank you very much Corundum. This is what I feared. The problem appeared after an update of Discovery... The 2.02 version doesn't import prices indeed, so for me it is useless. Our only hope (Because the author of the soft, Olivier Marcoux, seems to have abandoned the project. He even gave the source code in an open source format : http://sourceforge.net/projects/flcompanion/ If someone is motivated ~~) is that an admin reads this topic and that the problem is corrected. We can always dream ~~

Nowadays, we do not have any version that works properly :/

RE: Freelancer Companion 2.01 error : We meet again - evanz - 05-14-2015

reinstall companion

RE: Freelancer Companion 2.01 error : We meet again - evanz - 05-14-2015

(05-14-2015, 05:14 PM)Rhonkar Wrote: Thanks for your answer Ubena, unfortunately it is a well-known problem that the last version of Freelancer Companion doesn't work after Discovery 4.86, if I remember well. Indeed, the software is not importing data from the game and from directories and this is why you don't have an error when you launch it. The 2.01 version was working well for months until some Discovery updates have been done, I guess. Does anyone is running fine the 2.01 version of Freelancer Companion with Discovery 4.88.1 ? Perhaps it is just a problem on my side...

2.02 is working fine for me after re-installing it

when an update is done to disco, and you get probs with companion, just uninstall and reinstall, tell it again where the disco folder is and import data, all should be fine

(05-14-2015, 08:59 PM)evanz Wrote:
(05-14-2015, 05:14 PM)Rhonkar Wrote: Thanks for your answer Ubena, unfortunately it is a well-known problem that the last version of Freelancer Companion doesn't work after Discovery 4.86, if I remember well. Indeed, the software is not importing data from the game and from directories and this is why you don't have an error when you launch it. The 2.01 version was working well for months until some Discovery updates have been done, I guess. Does anyone is running fine the 2.01 version of Freelancer Companion with Discovery 4.88.1 ? Perhaps it is just a problem on my side...

2.02 is working fine for me after re-installing it

Prove me that it is importing correctly the prices ^^ This is what I hear by "working properly" of course.