Discovery Gaming Community
Crashing to desktop all the time - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Crashing to desktop all the time (/showthread.php?tid=129617)

Pages: 1 2

Crashing to desktop all the time - Maskage - 05-20-2015

So I followed all the instructions for restoring DSAce.dll, put the exceptions in my antivirus (avast btw). Even tried turning antivirus off. None of that worked, and I would randomly crash to desktop upon logging in. By randomly I mean some times it would be fine and I could play, and other times it would crash the moment I logged in. Actually it would always crash the first time. Now it seems I can only connect after 10 or so attempts to log in. the first 9 attempts result in a crash to desktop. No message or anything just blam.

I've also reinstalled disco. tried with and without bloom effects in case that was it.

This has also resulted in one of the accounts I use being autobanned twice now. I don't know what else to try... halp?

RE: Crashing to desktop all the time - Benoit - 05-20-2015

Salutations.

I had the same problem. Avast suddenly started to bug me about the DSAce.dll since the last update despite the fact that it never did it before.
This solved my problem. Those are the exceptions to add in Avast:

Quote:Adding "http://www.discoverygc.com/patch" to the exception URL-List,
adding DSACE.DLL to file exception
and
adding discovery path to exception

More info from Plan-B's post: Here

I hope it helps.

Cheers

RE: Crashing to desktop all the time - CrossBones - 05-20-2015

I have windows 8 and I had the same problem, I tried this and it worked.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/wiki/protect_defender-protect_scanning/how-to-exclude-a-filefolder-from-windows-defender/f32ee18f-a012-4f02-8611-0737570e8eee

RE: Crashing to desktop all the time - Maskage - 05-22-2015

Tried both of these, no change at all...

RE: Crashing to desktop all the time - Maskage - 05-23-2015

Just did a clean reinstall of freelancer and disco. Deleted everything and started from scratch. Same identical crash on startup. I'm about ready to kick a puppy in the eye...

RE: Crashing to desktop all the time - Alley - 05-23-2015

Does this happen after you select a character? If so give us the name of a character on which this happened.

RE: Crashing to desktop all the time - Maskage - 05-23-2015

Yes. LPI-J.D.Masket[Lt]
LPI-SWAT-J.D.Masket[R]
LPI-SWAT-J.D.Masket[Gr]
[RM]Fl.Gunter.Bauer
Eden)Amanda.Gates
Bubba
StrudelWagen
Maskage
Jacques.Gusteau
Jacques,Gusteau

well... all of them. But it always happens the moment I select the character, not before not after.

Didn't mean to post on this forum account... don't anyone dare metagame me D:

RE: Crashing to desktop all the time - Alley - 05-23-2015

Not sure what is going on really, we have no data. All the stuff related to the kicks returns unknown. You also seem to have some severe cases of lagging. Aside of a full total reinstall I'm not sure what can be done for now.

RE: Crashing to desktop all the time - Benoit - 05-26-2015

Sorry for the question tsunami:

When was the last time you could log any of those characters without problem? What is your OS? Are you the administrator of this OS? What about the firewall, is there an exeption (and for which .exe)? Could your character's file be in a "read only" mode? Does windows tell you anything in the "event viewer" in the "manage" section on the right-click menu on "my computer"? What other protection do you use beside Avast, any anti-malware stuff? What do you see or hear when it crash? Is Freelancer the only online game that bugs? Do you use the last DirectX and drivers for your graphic card? When you reinstalled Freelancer, did windows ask if the program was wrongly installed? Did you use a separate folder to install Disco from the vanilla Freelancer? Do you launch the game via the Launcher? Are all "protection agent" of Avast active?

RE: Crashing to desktop all the time - Maskage - 05-30-2015

(05-26-2015, 01:02 PM)Benoit Wrote: Sorry for the question tsunami:

Wow, lots of good questions let me think...

When was the last time you could log any of those characters without problem?
A few years ago the last time I played disco, 4.85 I think. But If I delete Dsace and restore it, and also the DSAce log, and then restart the launcher, an then create a new character and afterwards delete it and switch characters to the one I want on the same account, it works about 50% of the time.

What is your OS? Are you the administrator of this OS?
Windows 8, yes

What about the firewall, is there an exeption (and for which .exe)?
I have exceptions set for the entire discovery folder, the freelancer folder, the discovery and freelancer EXE's... and the launcher

Could your character's file be in a "read only" mode?
How do I check this?

Does windows tell you anything in the "event viewer" in the "manage" section on the right-click menu on "my computer"?
will check

What other protection do you use beside Avast, any anti-malware stuff?
Nope

What do you see or hear when it crash?
The desktop, and the launcher open

Is Freelancer the only online game that bugs?
Yes, and only disco. I played through the campaign before installing disco on vanilla with no issues

Do you use the last DirectX and drivers for your graphic card?
I think?

When you reinstalled Freelancer, did windows ask if the program was wrongly installed?
No

Did you use a separate folder to install Disco from the vanilla Freelancer?
yes

Do you launch the game via the Launcher?
Yes

Are all "protection agent" of Avast active?
I've tried turning them off and on but it doesn't seem to make any difference.