Discovery Gaming Community
New PC Configuration. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Software & Hardware (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: New PC Configuration. (/showthread.php?tid=129673)

Pages: 1 2

New PC Configuration. - Neonzumi - 05-21-2015

I'm pretty much broke but i managed to get a new PC pretty cheap from a friend.I think its pretty solid but i like to hear opinions.

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 2.2Ghz

GPU: NVidia GeForce 7300SE/7200GS

RAM: 2.5GB

-The PC came with 2x 512MB RAM but i took out my old PC's 2GB RAM and put it into the new one.I will be looking to upgrade into 4GB.

Some opinions on the Graphics Card in particular would be nice.Online it seems pretty solid with 1GB VRAM and 3.0 Pixel Shader...

RE: New PC Configuration. - Radion - 05-21-2015

Some of these parts are almost a decade old and discontinued, no way you got it new as you claimed. Sure, it will run freelancer and do basic tasks such as word processing and web browsing, but the parts aren't worth much and are probably nearing the end of their life. Unless you got it under 100 USD, you were ripped off. If you bought it for more, see if you can get your money back and look online for better deals. If not or you need it for something important, keep it until you are better off financially. Either way, make sure you open up the case and dust it because it probably has acquired quite a bit over the years of its existence. If you are able to eventually get the money together for something better, I threw together a build that should work for you that is priced well. If that is too much, get everything except the graphics card, which can be bought at a later date. integrated graphics are quite good these days.

RE: New PC Configuration. - Neonzumi - 05-21-2015

75$
And its way better then my old PC so meh. Smile

RE: New PC Configuration. - evanz - 05-21-2015

when you boot up, does it quickly say Dual channel memory or single channel

download a prog called cpu-z and post screens here of the various readouts

RE: New PC Configuration. - Neonzumi - 05-21-2015

[Image: eg91kn.jpg]
[Image: j7fghz.jpg]
[Image: 263aukz.jpg]
[Image: 52x73l.jpg]
[Image: mc3szb.jpg]
[Image: 27zyrsx.jpg]

RE: New PC Configuration. - Snoozzzer - 05-21-2015

Damn bunny, that is one swag setup. Packard Bell is so retro

Tongue

RE: New PC Configuration. - realekki - 05-21-2015

remember you just have a 32bit processor - 2.5gb ram is enough (the maximum adressspace is 3gb). do you have 1 or 2 hds?. you will face a slow machine with win7 or higher - take win xp for gaming. and a 2nd os like linux for the work incl. the whole i-net stuff. meanwile xp is inherently insecure - dont use it for "important" things.

RE: New PC Configuration. - Radion - 05-21-2015

(05-21-2015, 09:55 PM)realekki Wrote: remember you just have a 32bit processor - 2.5gb ram is enough (the maximum adressspace is 3gb). do you have 1 or 2 hds?. you will face a slow machine with win7 or higher - take win xp for gaming. and a 2nd os like linux for the work incl. the whole i-net stuff. meanwile xp is inherently insecure - dont use it for "important" things.

No in so many ways. Max address size is 4 gb in 32 bit processors. Doesn't matter though as the E2200 is 64 bit. Also, don't take xp for anything as it is no longer supported. Stick with your copy of 7, it will do. When 10 comes out, take your free upgrade to it. Also, although Linux is cool, and can be useful when on a budget, I would not recommend a second os for anything unless there is something that only it can do that you need. All it will probably do in your case is take up space.

RE: New PC Configuration. - onca - 05-22-2015

(05-21-2015, 08:43 PM)SwagBunny Wrote: 75$
And its way better then my old PC so meh. Smile

Good trade Smile

RE: New PC Configuration. - Rebirth - 05-22-2015

I would suggest you to get a new graphics card, the one you got currently mounted does only have 64 mb ram ... lol. You should get one with atleast 512-1024 MB in order to run stuff smooth, they don't cost a lot though ( 50 $ - 75 $ but it will improve a lot for it's price ) . Otherwise the setup looks fine ( when looking at the price as well.. ) and you are able to use up to 4 GB ram, if the bios is configured correct then you will get close to it with a 32 bit machine.

Also take care that your PSU (Power Supply Unit) supports the new graphics card, should you get a new one obviously.

Edit; Don't forget to keep all your drivers always up to date, this should improve the overall performance as well