Discovery Gaming Community
Game of Thrones - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Game of Thrones (/showthread.php?tid=130094)

Game of Thrones - Sath - 06-01-2015

I guess I witnessed 20 minutes of top notch entertainment today. It is "arguably" the best episode in the whole series. Too bad some people just quit watching after the 6th episode's unwanted drama. Bet they are going to miss out on the fun that is the 10th episode. For me, I have never watched such an entertaining and terrifying episode in any tv series. The standard has been set too goddamn high that I just couldn't continue watching Vikings, or any other tv series today, after this episode. The Wildling chieftaness, Karsi and the Thenn character were awesome. Wun frikkin Wun was phenomenal and Jon Snow was everywhere. This part just completely overshadowed some extraordinary acting by Lena, Peter Dinklage and Alfie Allen at the beginning of the episode.

Thoughts on today's episode? Also,

Nights King, White Walker Swords can't melt Valyrian beams, Jon=Azor Ahai, CLEGANEBOWL CONFIRMED, Euron Greyjoy next season confirmed

GET HYPE

RE: Game of Thrones - evanz - 06-01-2015

damn i forgot about it, will get it

RE: Game of Thrones - Corile - 06-01-2015

you've just spoiled me the entire series
i hate u
die

Oh wait this is not flood.
Whoopsy.

RE: Game of Thrones - oZoneRanger - 06-01-2015

Ok man....So....Were did Snow get the sword at the end that kills the Frozen badass dude? I got the existance of the Dragons Glass, but all of a sudden he grabs a sword out of the snow and he waste that dude like he was nothing.... What did I miss ?

It was good, but so similar in some shots to The Walking Dead, that I thought to myself,....-yea, Zombies it is the in thing now a days-....

The whole....my father your father scene, between the Dwarf Lanister (my favorite Character in the series) and the Dragon Queen, I thought was well done.

Stanis is definitely not the Azor Ahai....even thought that red headed witch that runs with him keeps suggesting that events around Stanis indicate that he is the prince that was promised.

The Dragon Queen has my vote at the moment for being the Azor Ahai.

RE: Game of Thrones - Gondoros - 06-01-2015

(06-01-2015, 10:33 PM)oZoneRanger Wrote: Ok man....So....Were did Snow get the sword at the end that kills the Frozen badass dude? I got the existance of the Dragons Glass, but all of a sudden he grabs a sword out of the snow and he waste that dude like he was nothing.... What did I miss ?

That was his sword, the sword that Mormont gave him ( i think it even shows that scene in the beginning of the recap). It's made of valyrian steel that is why it's special. Valyrian steel has special, magical powers and so on. ( you can read about it in more detail tho)

RE: Game of Thrones - Sath - 06-01-2015

(06-01-2015, 10:33 PM)oZoneRanger Wrote: Ok man....So....Were did Snow get the sword at the end that kills the Frozen badass dude? I got the existance of the Dragons Glass, but all of a sudden he grabs a sword out of the snow and he waste that dude like he was nothing.... What did I miss ?

It was good, but so similar in some shots to The Walking Dead, that I thought to myself,....-yea, Zombies it is the in thing now a days-....

The whole....my father your father scene, between the Dwarf Lanister (my favorite Character in the series) and the Dragon Queen, I thought was well done.

Stanis is definitely not the Azor Ahai....even thought that red headed witch that runs with him keeps suggesting that events around Stanis indicate that he is the prince that was promised.

The Dragon Queen has my vote at the moment for being the Azor Ahai.

Jon is AA. It is known Tongue

Actually, in the books they foreshadow that part. Stannis is definitely not AA, sadly. The best part of that fighting sequence was the 4 WW mounted on horses atop the cliff, the wights suicide jumping off the cliff, Jon's faceoff with one of the Others and the Kane gimmick performed by the Nights King at the end to reanimate all the corpses.

That sword is valyrian steel, ancient sword of House Mormont, that Jeor Mormont gives to Jon after he saved him. The best acting in that episode would be Lena for me, acting all uppity till the septa was in the cell and licking the floor after she went away, while the glorious rains of castamere plays in the background. I don't like Daenerys on various levels. She is just so cringeworthy.

RE: Game of Thrones - Tenacity - 06-01-2015

I'm on season 2 still, loving it so far, never had a chance to watch it when it originally aired so I'm a bit behind.

Arya is by far my favorite character.

RE: Game of Thrones - Sath - 06-02-2015

(06-01-2015, 11:27 PM)Tenacity Wrote: I'm on season 2 still, loving it so far, never had a chance to watch it when it originally aired so I'm a bit behind.

Arya is by far my favorite character.

Rule No. 1

Never get attached to a GoT character. You will never be more disappointed Tongue

Rule No. 2

Re-read rule no.1

RE: Game of Thrones - jammi - 06-02-2015

Might want to put "(potential spoilers)" in the title, so people don't come in here, read something they didn't want to and end up raging. Although if you click a thread like this, what are you honestly expecting? Tongue

RE: Game of Thrones - SnakeLancerHaven - 06-02-2015

(06-02-2015, 12:31 PM)jammi Wrote: Although if you click a thread like this, what are you honestly expecting? Tongue
We expect an overall discussion about the Series instead of spoiling episodes 8|

The title says "Game of Thrones" and not "GoT Episode X, Y"