Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Armed Forces Recruitment Centre (iRP) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Bretonia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Forum: BAF| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+----- Thread: Bretonian Armed Forces Recruitment Centre (iRP) (/showthread.php?tid=13025)

Bretonian Armed Forces Recruitment Centre (iRP) - Grin - 03-17-2009

' Wrote:Grim picked up the data pad, hit a few keys then tossed it back,

"BAF|Ens.Grimjaw"

a second line said, "I go by no other name, i do not exist"

///part of the RP im coming up with, still not complete, still need to learn more on the history of this RP universe. I hope this will suffice

"Yessir!" The Recruiting Officer sat at attention as he replied to the comms unit.

"Of course, sir. I was only pointing out that it does not follow standard naming protocol for new recruits, sir"

The comms unit barked

"Yessir! I do understand expedite, sir. At once sir"

The comms unit fell silent and the Recruiting Officer slumped in his chair.

He sighed and connected to the local comms unit. "Miss Brown? Please bring me some tea. I think I need it"

At his main terminal he began to expedite the application for Ensign Grimjaw

//PM sent

To: Major_Triton_Abyss

Major, your application has been considered and I have been instructed to make the following points clear:

The BAF cannot accept capital ships directly into the fleet. However, independent capital ships can operate on behalf of Bretonia's defence, provided they co-ordinate their activities with BAF personnel and accept BAF commands when necessary. You would be welcome to operate your vessel in this fashion.

This does not preclude you from also personally joining the BAF as an Ensign and getting yourself equipped with the powerful Templar/Challenger Fighter/Bomber combination that we use.

A person as skilled and experienced as you seem to be would have every opportunity to advance their career within the BAF, given the current state of our conflict with Kusari. Promotion brings the chance of leading troops into battle and the helm of capital vessels.

If you do wish to pursue this course, please apply to this office.

Bretonian Armed Forces Recruitment Centre (iRP) - StrikerPOL - 03-17-2009

"Excuse me, I wish to join the BAF", said the tall dark haired man to the recruiter.

The recruiter looked up from the pile of papers stacked in front of her. "What is your reason to join sir?"

The man said, "I wish to be more than what I am now. I need a purpose. Something to beleive in again."

"Hmmm...Please fill out the forms and leave them in the bin," said the the recruiter, noticing that the man walked slowly to an empty chair and seated himself.

Name: Eric-John Stark

Birth Place: Planet Erie

Bio: I am seeking for a place to belong to. To show that I have what it takes to do my part. I have no imediate family other than an uncle who lives on Planet Leeds. I have no ties to anyone else. I have some skill as a pilot. Did some freelancing in Liberty System.

Eric stands and walks with a slow swagger over to the desk and places the clipboard in the bin.

"Thank you," says the recruiter. "We shall get in touch with you after we reveiw your papers."

"OK," says Eric.

It was the work of a few moments to send off the investigation request. The wheels of the Bretonian Security checking system were set in motion for Eric-John Stark.

//PM sent to StrikerPOI

Bretonian Armed Forces Recruitment Centre (iRP) - WildHorse - 03-17-2009

Evening Colleagues

I am an independant member who supports BAF only. I do not take the lead in any situation and I allow BAF main members to advise me what they want done when, where and how...I never fine anyone for illegal goods or actions...thats BAF's forces job however I do politely warn and notify BAF directily on duty and let them decide.

I accept and like the role as support giving me the flexibility to choose yet this results of very limited authority to almost zero and accept I can't act without BAF ranked members. BAF have total authority, thats obvious and I do not want to be front line (maybe an Agent of BAF) to work though the ranks so for that I accept I am a loyal Volunteer of BAF... so if thats all my role will be then so be it. Anyway you all have seen me in action and the assistance i've already given your members.

I am not brilliant in a fighter/bomber thesedays due to failing eyesight, hence why I'm more a Gunship or larger to give support. I used to be pretty good but well as one gets old, one looses the edge againt these youngsters today.

Death Before Dishonour!!

Ragards
Major_Triton_Abyss
Elite Guard (Support)

Bretonian Armed Forces Recruitment Centre (iRP) - Vape - 03-17-2009

James Entered the Recruitment center, wearing his dad's old uniform.

He approached the desk
James opened his mouth
"Sir i would like to join the Armed Forces, my father and mother were displaced from their jobs by the Kusarians. I've got a score to settle with em, think you could use me?"

THe recruiter looked back at him

"Possibly do you have any experience or training?"

"Yes, my father taught me to fly the old surplus crusader we had at home and raised me as a military child. He was once in command of a Gunboat, the HMS Agincourt"

"My name is James Douglas"

Bretonian Armed Forces Recruitment Centre (iRP) - Crossfire - 03-18-2009

A young man enters the recruitment office and looks around briefly. Nodding to the officer, he moves directly to the recruitment forms and spends only a few minutes busily filling it out with neat, tight handwriting. Once done, he hands the form to the officer.

--------------------------------------- Form --------------------------------------
Name: Lance "Crossfire" Sedgewick

Planet of Birth: New London

Education:
Bachelor of Arts, Cambrian Military Academy
Starship Engineering, Leeds Central College
Third Degree Scarlet Sash, gukati fighting style

Current occupation: None. Former Deck chief, Merchant Carrier Dedaelus

Assets: Civilian apartment on New London, personal ground transport

Qualities: Loyal, brave, sense of humour, respect for authority

Reasons for joining and opinion: I have spent many years serving aboard the merchant carrier Dedaelus, and have witnessed multiple pirate raids during my duty. I have seen good men and women perish in the void under the guns of the lawless. I understand the forces of the just are spread thin, and feel it is my part to increase the ranks of the armed forces and protect Bretonia's interests at home and abroad. As deck chief, I have logged over 200 hours in the carrier's defensive fighters while repairing and verifying ships systems.
I am a graduate with honours from the Cambrian Military Academy and hold a 3rd degree scarlet sash in gukati.

Preferred area of assignment: None.

New London commfreq. 1123.gaM.455 xt342

-------------------------------- End of Form -------------------------------------

"Ready to join the fight, sir," he says.

He is dressed in a one-piece coverall that is stained with oils and carbon. A leather flight-jacket is thrown over this, the badge of the merchant trading corp VMI stitched on the front, a smaller badge for the carrier Dedaelus below that. On the right arm is a smaller badge, smudged with more carbon, that reads "Deck Chief". He stands with an easy grace, his body language showing confidence and restrained energy.

Military channels would have been alive with the news that, just a little over three weeks ago, the merchant carrier Dedaelus was destroyed by a Mollys raid.

Bretonian Armed Forces Recruitment Centre (iRP) - Polly - 03-19-2009

Edward Sullivin steps into the recruitment office and looks around. "Never 'ought I'd be here." Edward doesnt look like a spring chicken, wearing a factory workers outfit grease included on the hands. The recruitment officer gives him a questioning look, "Here to join the B.A.F". The recruitment officer gives him a pad.
"Filler out."

Name: Edward Sullivin Jr.
Birthplace: New London
Nationality: Bretonian
Reason for joining:
Defendin the country.
Foreign rule isn't a place to raise kids.

Edward hands back the pad, "Bit old to be running off to join the navy." the recruiter says.
"I 'aught to tell yah my father was in the navy. He's to old to fight, so I'm taking his place." Edward makes a smart salute.

Bretonian Armed Forces Recruitment Centre (iRP) - Grin - 03-20-2009

"Right, so that is James Douglas processed, also Lance "Crossfire" Sedgewick and now this Sullivin fella being checked out - a busy time at the office, you could say. Which is just as well, given the action going on!" The Recruiting Officer was tidying his desk and talking to himself, a little loudly.

"Sir?" came the voice of his secretary.

"Nothing, Miss Brown, just thinking aloud - How about a bite to eat and a beer at the pub after we close up?"

"Sounds lovely" she replied.

Oh yes, this was a good day.

Bretonian Armed Forces Recruitment Centre (iRP) - Dieter Schprokets - 03-20-2009

The sudden rush in recruitment had created another supply problem, and consequently the Armed Forces were forced to again shut the doors.

Bretonia, it seemed, had more patriots than Templars.