Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonian Armed Forces Recruitment Centre (iRP) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Bretonia (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Forum: BAF| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+----- Thread: Bretonian Armed Forces Recruitment Centre (iRP) (/showthread.php?tid=13025)

Bretonian Armed Forces Recruitment Centre (iRP) - Webey - 12-12-2009

**INCOMMING TRANSMISSION**
**SCANNING...SCANNING**
**Access: GRANTED**
**ID - David Curtis**
**Source - Cambridge Planet**

Goodmen, Austin - Lieutenant Commander,

Your transmission has come through Lt. I will set off in my vessel now and be with you shortly.

- David Curtis

**END TRANSMISSION**

David Curtis walked through the doors of the recruitment centre. He looked like a smart man, a well prepared man. He had his umbrella in his hands and a smart, good looking blazer with trousers to match.

He strolled down the hallway and went into the main office. He noticed a man with the obvious Bretonian Armed Forces insignia and Uniform. He went up to him and asked if he was indeed Mr.Goodmen or if he had the wrong office...

Bretonian Armed Forces Recruitment Centre (iRP) - Deneth Aleski - 12-12-2009

A young-looking but evidently battered and worn out man walks into one of the many BAF recruiting stations on Planet Leeds. He notices the rather long queue of people waiting to get their enrollment sorted out. He joins in and waits, not showing any form of annoyance.

Some thirty minutes later, it's his turn to speak to the recruiting officer.

-Hallo, I'm here to join the Bretonian Armed Forces. I've been told to report here to enroll.
Yeah, that's the place, mate. Now, who told you to report here, exactly?

The young man, looking straight into the recruitment officer's eyes replies

-The Fleet Admiral. The one that granted me asylum into Bretonia, ja.

The Fleet Admiral... "the" Fleet Admiral...? You must be daft. Fill out that form, we'll sort that story of yours later, yeah?

The young man takes a pen and diligently starts writing.

Quote:Name: Wilhelm Deneth Aleski, signs "Deneth Aleski"
Date of birth: December 3rd, 796AS
Place of birth: Planet New Berlin
Nationality: Rheinlander
Family Background: Son of Eckhard Aleski and Jeanette Aleski, youngest of three (Two brothers, Axel and Mark). Deeply rooted in Rheinland Military tradition and in good terms with the Chancellor's entourage.

Fitness: High
Height: 6.2"
Vision: 20/25 on my left eye, 20/10 on my right eye.
Injuries/Illness: None worth mentioning.

Previous occupation(s): Rheinwehr Offizieranwerter (Officer Cadet, fighter pilot), deserted, joined a "reactionary revolutionary state paramilitary" out of disillusionment. Defected, again out of disillusionment but also to save myself. Details below.

Combat experience: Trained in advanced fighter pilot tactics at the Milit?rische Hochschule des Rheinland (Military College of Rheinland), approximately 60 hours of flight time logged.

Describe briefly why you wish to serve in the Armed Forces: Rheinland is rotting from the inside. The Gottkanzler does not care one bit for the people he claims to serve and protect. The government of Rheinland is corrupt and illegitimate, but so are the agents that oppose and fight it. Those who claim to bring forth the Revolution and such are only petty thieves and contraband smugglers, hidden under a veneer of ultra-nationalist pride and propaganda. I cannot bear to live in a House that will implode momentarily. This is why I defected to Bretonia. I made it alive, but barely. Several agents from the Rheinland Military, corporate world, revolutionary elements and even the Bounty Hunters Guild were sent after me. That alone is compelling proof that I am simply no longer wanted there. As a matter of fact, I am no longer wanted alive, at least in their opinion.

I've known of the Bretonian way of doing things for a long time, now. I have always admired the fact that Bretonia's institutions have always stood for justice, fairness and genuine concern for the well-being of it's subjects. In my eyes, those traits are the pillars of a strong nation. To be given the opportunity to help perpetuate this tradition of greatness would be of greatest honour to me. It is, for me, the only way to atone to the mistakes I've made. I truly wish to be of use to the Kingdom of Bretonia.

List 5 aspects of your character that you believe make you suitable for this job:
  • I am highly disciplined.
  • I respect my superiors.
  • I am motivated to serve any purpose that I believe is worth fighting for.
  • I always look for ways to better myself, spiritually and physically.
  • I handle stress rather well.

Deneth hands the form to the officer, who briefly reviews it.

Right, mate. Looks like quite a background you have there, eh. Now, what's this you said earlier about the Fleet Admiral sending you here?

-Upon my arrival in Bretonian space, I encountered an impressive-looking battle group, belonging to the BAF. I surrendered myself to them. Fleet Admiral Sir Stanley Nelson was amongst them. He granted me asylum into Bretonia and suggested I joined the State Service. You could ask High Command about it or something, if you do not believe me, ja?

Right... wait here a moment, yeah.

The officer, evidently not knowing what to do, shows the form to one of his superiors. Both can be seen whispering to each other. Deneth stands there, patiently waiting for a verdict.

// Conversation between me and the Fleet Admiral

Bretonian Armed Forces Recruitment Centre (iRP) - Wolfs Ghost - 12-12-2009

"Mister Curtis. I am indeed the man you're looking for." He said glancing away from the terminal, and looking past the young man standing infront of him. Seemingly eying the Rheinlander that had just walked in. He shook his head and looked back up at Curtis. "Right, everything seems in order, as I said. Mind answering a few questions for me?"

Without waiting for the man to say yes or no. He spoke up again. "Mister Curtis, Name all the Bretonian Battleships stationed in Bretonia?" He smiled lightly, then glanced past Curtis's shoulder, again eying the Rheinlander, whose now standing off to the side, staring at the other Recruitment officer down the hall.

------

"Mister Aleski." The other Recuritment officer said. "Please, head down the hall and see Lieutenant Commander Goodmen." She waved her hand towards an office door, with a Young man standing infront of a desk, and another man sitting behind the desk. The man behind the desk seemed to be staring at the Rheinlander.

David quickly shock his shoulders to calm him down and spoke.

Sir the Main stationary Battleships within Bretonian space are the:

- The Battleship Hood - Used to be owned.
- The Battleship Derby
- The Battleship Suffolk
- The Battleship Norfolk
- The Battleship York
- The Battleship Ark Royal
- The Battleship Grimsby
- The Battleship Essexs
- The Battleship Stirling
- The Battleship Harlow

However there are numerous mobile battleships for defence and offence operations. These I do not Personally know.

He stood there quite pleased with his answer and realized the serious-ness of the situatiuon and stop smiling and smarted up awaiting to see if there would be anymore questions thrown his way.

"Yes, understood.", Deneth replied calmly with a slight Rheinlandish accent. He proceeds to the indicated office door.

"May I come in?", he inquires. He remembers how it is common courtesy to ask before entering an office, even if invited.

He turned his attention back to Curtis. "You forgot the MacDuff, stationed in Tau-31, also The Grimsby doesnt exist, and dont correct me on that." He mumbled lightly picking up a pencil and scribbling something down. "Name two of the closest Kusari Imperial battleships near us, and one of the stations that was captured in hostile take over and three of our enemies aside from the Imperial Fleet sitting on our door step."

He looked back up from what he was originally doing, now seeing the Rheinlander standing at the door. Yes, come in and take a seat over there, He waved his right hand towards a nearby chair; Ill be with you in a moment. He replied.

Another recruitment officer, a female, walked in and carefully sat papers down on the desk infront of the Lieutenant Commander and mumbled lightly enough for him to hear. "Mister Aleski's paper work, and a recording was uploaded to the terminal."

Austin nodded and waved her away, then returned his attention to Curtis.

David was taken aback by the firmness of the Lt. He opened his mouth to speak with a unsure face that indicated if he really should speak.

"Um... sorry sir. I had forgotten about the Macduff it is of course our most noble and courages Battleship that stayed behind in Tau-31 to assure some Bretonian foothold deep in the Kusari war.
As for the Grimsby I have never had the privilege of setting eyes on that art work but it was more rumoured to me by a researcher companion. We where once room mates in Oxford University. He has Unfortunally disappeared and we have lost contact with each other ever since." David realized he was blabbering a bit and quickly ended his speech.

"However I pardon you my absent mind-ness of the Macudff must be the pressure. It won't happen again."

"Two of the closet Kusari Battleships are indeed the Battleship Nagasaki in Leeds" David got a bit annoyed by this thought. "and the Battleship Yamaguchi. The station that was raided by Kusari shock troopers and taken over was the Stokes Mining Station. Three hostile forces we are facing at the moment are the Corsairs, Mollys, Gaians and I know you only said three but I also recall the Lane Hackers causing us issues in Leeds."

David went quiet and watched the Lt speak to the gentlemen behind him. He quickly went to one side of the room so the man could come in and make a more clear presence.

"Apology accepted." He grinned lightly, which covered up by fake cough to the side. "Mister...Rather, Ensign David Curtis, you've been assigned to the 7th Great Fleet under Admiral Fraser. You'll be assigned quarters on the Derby, under the flight wing of Commodore Hobart. You'll find necessary living space and supplies in your quarters, as well as your uniform. A standard issued sidearm will be handed out to you by your quarter master."

He paused remembering what happened a while back and shook his head. "I'll need you to sign this release form stating that any lent equipment will be given back if you decide to go AWOL." He pushed a paper forwards, the same paper he scribbled on earlier. "Once you sign this, you're free to leave."

Picking up another piece of paper, the one the female recruitment officer gave him. He quickly read over it and then glanced up at the Rheinlander. "Mister Aleski." He said indicating for the man to stand up and approach the desk.

Despite the moderately long wait, Deneth's mind didn't really go adrift. His focus on the situation was still strong, even with the events that unfolded in the last few days, which evidently took a bit of a toll on him. This was characteristic of aspiring officers in Rheinland.

Upon hearing his name and seeing the man gesturing, he rose up and took two steps forward, stopping about a two feet in front of the desk.

"Yes, sir?" he answered, inquisitive but alert.

"I'm going to be perfectly blunt with you lad." He said staring at the Rheinlander who now stood in front of the desk. "Why should the Armed Forces take you in? Reading your portfolio," He held up the paper he was looking at before calling the man up. "You run a security risk, and possible hostile confrontation with Rheinland Agents," His eyes seem to narrow, as his tone was suddenly serious and cold. "You could also be a Rheinland spy. Sent here to extract information out of us." He leaned back in his chair. "Or a Hessian spy, sent here to identify important military installations in the Omega's. For those chaps to attack while we're busy with all of our hardened forces out on the Leeds-Tau front."

He glanced over at the terminal and opened the recording that was flashing. Seems the Fleet Admiral is calmer with this situation than normal. Recommendation or not, this chap has a lot of explaining. He thought, looking away from the terminal and back at the Rheinlander. "The question remains, why should the Armed Forces take you in?"