Discovery Gaming Community
Make caps and transports invulerable to NPC ramming - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Make caps and transports invulerable to NPC ramming (/showthread.php?tid=130356)

Make caps and transports invulerable to NPC ramming - Epo - 06-08-2015

As the title says, please do it. It's very annoying when your ship is behaving like mad ball, which loves to "yayyy weeee wohooo". Those NPCs who hits you and your ship immadiately turns like ninja. I hope you guys will be for and it will become reality Smile Those NPCs for cap/transport pilot are like "No, no, no! It's coming! Why! Please, no!" What do you think about it?

Cheers,
Cat~

RE: Make caps and transports invulerable to NPC ramming - Miaou - 06-08-2015

While people have been asking for an anti-ramming plugin for a while, it's extremely hard to do. The only Mod I've seen it put in use was Freeworlds: ToW. Unless one of the FLHook devs wants to go through the painstaking process of coding it for us, then it'll stay a dream.

RE: Make caps and transports invulerable to NPC ramming - jammi - 06-08-2015

Unfortunately, it seems to be impossible. It's been tried in the past, and believe me, it's not an intended mechanic. NPCs don't suffer collision damage or physics in the same way as players, you see. A better term would be that they're "fixed on rails", meaning they carry on going as an unstoppable force.

Freelancer was only ever designed for fighters and freighters so that wasn't such a bad thing initially; it's only when mods have introduced progressively larger ships that it became an issue.

RE: Make caps and transports invulerable to NPC ramming - Epo - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 04:25 PM)Miaou Wrote: While people have been asking for an anti-ramming plugin for a while, it's extremely hard to do. The only Mod I've seen it put in use was Freeworlds: ToW. Unless one of the FLHook devs wants to go through the painstaking process of coding it for us, then it'll stay a dream.

(06-08-2015, 04:26 PM)jammi Wrote: Unfortunately, it seems to be impossible. It's been tried in the past, and believe me, it's not an intended mechanic. NPCs don't suffer collision damage or physics in the same way as players, you see. A better term would be that they're "fixed on rails", meaning they carry on going as an unstoppable force.

Freelancer was only ever designed for fighters and freighters so that wasn't such a bad thing initially; it's only when mods have introduced progressively larger ships that it became an issue.

Not only Freeworlds. FLU has it too. Caps are sometimes behaving weird but aren't mad balls <-- Mainly due to lack of shield

RE: Make caps and transports invulerable to NPC ramming - TheShooter36 - 06-08-2015

its simple actually
only increase ships mass to incredible sizes and it wont flip like hell(ofc tweak inertia, rotation, strafe forces too or ship will drifting to hell) You will still take damage but at least you wont flip like hell

Edit: everything involves modify turning speed and mass is hell

RE: Make caps and transports invulerable to NPC ramming - jammi - 06-08-2015

Mass tweaks are already in place - that effects players ramming you, but not NPCs. Like I said, they work in a slightly different manner to other players.

RE: Make caps and transports invulerable to NPC ramming - Coin - 06-09-2015

drop the mass of the npcs?

RE: Make caps and transports invulerable to NPC ramming - Sciamach - 06-09-2015

(06-09-2015, 07:28 AM)Coin Wrote: drop the mass of the npcs?

(06-08-2015, 06:17 PM)jammi Wrote: Like I said, they work in a slightly different manner to other players.