Discovery Gaming Community
Into the Maelstrom - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Into the Maelstrom (/showthread.php?tid=13040)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Into the Maelstrom - Virus - 11-17-2008

Log Entry; Phantom Slayer Dark Blossom; 00:51; 168.81
Who'd have thought I'd end up risking my life for and falling in love with that annoying Bounty Hunter I couldn't find to kill. I think our relationship was... Is... The first of its kind. I don't think we're supposed to feel love, here. Not anymore. Not as a Slayer... Only hatred, anger, and loyalty... I... I went back to that Hunter's cell, this time armed with a pipe... I cracked the Outcast there on the head... Poor boy, he recognized me. I dosed him with so much Cardamine... If it was possible to overdose, he would have. I unlocked Roy's cell and dragged him as fast as I dared back to my place. He smelled... Horrendous. I had him send a message to his friend Mandy before I practically ripped his clothes off and threw him in the shower. Cold water, of course.

Into the Maelstrom - Virus - 12-15-2008

Log Entry; Phantom Slayer Dark Blossom; 23:45; 188.81
Sorry I missed yesterday. I know you don't like waiting for the next part, but I was busy. You're the only one I get to talk to. The only one who listens, the only one who... Cares. Anyway, my story, right? I left off making Roy take a shower. The bold Hunter didn't even finish dressing in my brother's clothes before he came out... I have to admit, I was only pretending to be watching something else as he dried himself. When he was finally dressed, I had him sit with me on the couch. He just sat there smiling as I lay my head on shoulder. He was so warm, so caring... so... I must have fallen asleep, because the next thing I remember is Roy stroking my face gently and telling me that its time. I wish I could go back to that moment... Such... Perfect..... Bliss.

Log Entry; Phantom Slayer Dark Blossom; 21:59; 198.81
Roy and I managed to get into my Sabre and meet Mandy near the Hispania where we planned. Mandy never did explain how she managed to fly two Mantas so close to Malta. It seemed the cost was clear. I just had to make sure Roy got out of Outcast space alright. Only choice being into Eta then Theta. All of which, was OK with my transponder running. However, shortly after our jump into Theta... More Outcasts followed us. I was quick to notice these weren't normal Outcast Sabres and Destroyers. All ships had 101st Ghosts of Razgriz markings on them. And we had only more dangerous places to run... My home, was now cut off from me... Only what I had in my ship to take with me. I heard no shots against my shields or hull, so no enemies. Only... Only... My... Only Bernard's ship across from mine. His words were simple, but they still ring dreadful in my ears, My dear, Margarita... You have betrayed me. It was like my father dying all over again... I...I must have passed out, because the next thing I remember was waking with Roy standing near me, obviously very worried. We had made it to Rostock... Heh.

Log Entry; Phantom Slayer Dark Blossom; 00:15; 208.81
Roy quickly told me what happened... Apparently, a Corsair fleet intercepted them all at the jump to Omega-41. Supposedly, it was the Brotherhood, equal in skill to our GoR pilots. Roy said they fought to a stalemate, while he and Mandy ran for it. Amazing luck, I guess... I was back with Roy, this time in his quarters on Rostock. They were, sparse at best. I could still feel the pain in the my shoulder from the flight, but I jumped up and gave Roy a painful hug, anyway... He saved my life... I guess, I actually saved his... It didn't matter, this... Ridiculous, stupid man was... Most wonderful. It was here, in his room, sitting on his lap that we had our first kiss.

Into the Maelstrom - Virus - 12-17-2008

Log Entry; Phantom Slayer Dark Blossom; 23:23; 218.81

Roy spent most of that day, showing me around the station. He hardly took his eyes off me... The same as everyone else. Everyone we passed gave me an evil stare... It was my mask, even if it is minimal, they still recognized it. They all knew I was an enemy, that they should kill me. The only reason I wasn't shot dead was because Roy was with me. It was horrifying... It was there that I truly learned what it meant to be an “outcast.” They never trusted me... It was that very night I told Roy I didn't like it on Rostock; he practically begged me to give it a chance. He told me he would always be there for me. It's cliche', I know... But it was good to hear it. I slowly climbed across the couch to lean on him. He hugged me... And, somehow, someway... I knew that this man was worth my pain. After... After losing my home, my ship... My family, thanks to him... I still felt... Warm when he touched me. That night we... We... You know.

Into the Maelstrom - Virus - 02-09-2009

Log Entry; Phantom Slayer Dark Blossom; 22:11; 228.81
Roy and I spent a lot of time around the station just sitting, listening to each other's thoughts. We never had any real need to talk, it didn't matter... But when he was called on missions... I was... Afraid to go anywhere out of Roy's room. I spent most of my time... Alone... In the dark, scared for my life. I was... So sad every time he left... I only wanted him back. I didn't even eat most of the time. On one of his longer missions, if it wasn't for Mandy, I probably would have starved to death. She found me, well undernourished, alone on the floor staring out into space, watching as the station slowly orbited around the binary system. She picked me up, and calmed me down... Took care of me while Roy was away. She became my only link to humanity, outside of Roy. She became my sister, in a sense. Without her, without him... I'm just that scared girl, again... Like now. I just... Want to... Feel their love.

Into the Maelstrom - Virus - 04-08-2009

Log Entry; Phantom Slayer Dark Blossom; 0:57; 084.82
It's been... A long time. I nearly forgot about this... But now, more than ever, I need this... stupid log. I think I'll just finish my story today. I have nothing better to do. No one to talk to. I'm not like the others... I miss Roy... Mandy... Rostock... Mom... Dad... Malta... Home. I'm so lonely here.

Rostock wasn't the best place to live, but as long as Roy was there it was enough for me. I remember how I used to just stare out into the stars waiting for him to return home from trips. I didn't eat, I didn't sleep... Mandy found me on one of my... Worse fits. I hadn't eaten in days when she found me... She was ever so nice to me, so caring. She got me to calm down, to eat... I love her like a sister. She was always there for me when I needed her after that. When Roy left and I felt really bad, I would wander to her quarters... She'd give me something to drink and give me a hug. I always was so happy after that... Mandy and I used to go shopping together. It was so much fun, Roy never liked going, though. Hmph. Not that there was anything new at the stores ever... There were only three or four stores, other than those related to ship parts. We only ever came back with maybe a dress or two, if we were lucky.

In any case... My love for them ended when my brother came to visit. He brought down his cruiser, Pandemonium. Officially he was on a mission to haul Cardamine to the Junkers in the system, unofficially, Roy and I were invited aboard. Of course... Dark Star... The Revenant, heard about it. I don't know how... But he... He... Killed the entire crew... There wasn't even a chance at fighting back. The Oblivion, Dark Star's flagship, has this... Thing on board. An AI or something like that... Crystal Oni, I think. Whatever it was, it took over the ship completely... Then the Marines landed... And, well... Only Roy, Emilio, and I made it out alive. That was the point, I found out. My brother and I were chosen to be Phantoms... Roy was kept to be...... Tormented. I suppose we all went through that, though... Some of us, anyway.

I did.

Into the Maelstrom - Virus - 04-12-2009

Margarita Cruz was no more. The "enlightenment" process is not really enlightening at all. There are those who are fit for service with a simple surgery to make them completely obedient to the words of the Revenant, Dark Star, and his generals. Those such as Ravager and Syn were already twisted by the society that created them. Bloodthirsty and without remorsekilling machines, and in Syn's case literally.

Margarita was not like they were, though. She was never a murderer or maniac. She was a gifted pilot in the Maltese Navy. They had to break her. Unlike the others, she was beaten, tortured, raped, and denied all dignity, self-respect, and sense of self. Only after she was merely a whimpering lump on the floor did they let it be her turn. Everything that was done unto her, she had to do unto others. She tore flesh with nothing but her bare hands, beat the imprisoned, and killed those who stopped fighting back. That was the closest to mercy anyone received on the Temple.

Only when she no longer showed hesitance in ending life, when she developed a lust for death did they finish her enlightenment and allow her the C'Tan surgery to become a loyal servant of Dark Star and the Phantom Empire. Her enlightenment may have broken her, twisted her, and destroyed whatever innocence she once had, but she was still just a lonely girl looking for someone to care for her. Only within her own memories did she still exist as an innocent little girl. Only within her own memories will she ever see her husband again. Only in her memories will her brother ever hug her again. Only in her memories will she ever have a true friend.

Into the Maelstrom - Virus - 04-12-2009

Dark Blossom lay on her bed staring out into the swirling depths of the Revenant Cloud. Thinking. Thinking about Roy, mostly. She missed him so dearly. She threw her head into her pillow as tears began to swell in her eyes from the memories. It's been nearly six months since the day she was pulled from the Pandemonium by the gauntleted hand of a Phantom Marine. Those hurried moments were the last she ever saw of him. Quietly, she got up and wandered to the bathroom to stare at herself in the mirror. She pulled a blade from the sink. As she tilted her head, she drew it down her cheek.

Quote:I hurt myself today, to see if I still can feel... I cut my own face... I'll tell the others a prisoner did it, but am I really--?... What have I become?

Into the Maelstrom - Virus - 04-14-2009

Quote:I've been ordered to Kusari today. They're doing too well in the fight against the Bretonians and we have to make sure that this war drags on as long as possible. I think I might go to Ainu... I used to go down there with my brother when I was a child, running Cardamine to the Golden Chrysanthemums who stay there. I made a few friends during my stays... Maybe they're still around?

Dark Blossom prepared for the trip in silence. Bandages for the still fresh wound, a few changes of clothes. Phantoms are still human, after all. Mostly. She tossed her bags in the back of the bomber she was assigned, a Waran. Ugliest ship possible, but it was efficient. That's what it is all about, efficiency, power, stealth. She, along the the rest of the Phantoms, lived by those three words. She launched from the Temple of the Revenant and turned for the Alpha jump. Whoever she was to work with would meet her in Kusari or move from somewhere else as necessary. In the mean time, she decided she would go visit Ainu.