Discovery Gaming Community
Into the Maelstrom - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Into the Maelstrom (/showthread.php?tid=13040)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Into the Maelstrom - Virus - 07-03-2009

Blossom looked around the hangar desk to make sure that there was no one else he could possibly be talking to. He had to have been talking to her, she was the only one there. However, she didn't... Feel dead. She didn't remember dying.

After standing with a puzzled look on her face for a few moments, she pointed to herself and decided to ask, "You mean... Me?"

Into the Maelstrom - Blighter - 07-03-2009

He just shrugged and put on a wry smile on his old face...

"See anyone else around?"

...he spread his arms and looked from left to right.
No one was there.

"No one here."

He began to step closer to her, slowly, his eyes meeting hers.
"Might aswell see." -He thought. "Might aswell see."

A few steps later, he was within arm's reach of her, he grinned and spoke again in a calm, monotone voice.

"What is the color that shows you're alive, corpse?"

Now he fished a cigaratte out of one of the many pockets attached to his belt...

"Red..."

...lit it with an old, worn-looking lighter and inhaled deeply, before finishing the question...

"...or blue?"

Into the Maelstrom - Virus - 07-03-2009

Margarita shifted her weight uncomfortably and took a hesitant step back. Unlike the strange man, she wore only a flight suit... Giving her little protection if he decided to tear her to bits. She looked around nervously, unsure how to answer. She could almost see the worried look on her face in her reflection of his armor. She brought her gaze up from her distorted face on the chest-plate of his armor to the man's eyes... Which stared coldly back at her. Deep. Empty. Reminded her of someone else's... She couldn't remember who.

"If... If... I am a corpse, then w-why are you giving me an option?" Blossom stuttered, her gaze shifting down again. "Y-you say I am a c-corpse, but... Ask me if I am alive?"

Into the Maelstrom - Blighter - 07-04-2009

He began to step closer to her, slowly, his eyes meeting hers.
"Even the dead know fear." -He thought, and flashed a broad grin on his old face as he watched her look down at the dirty floor.
She wouldn't understand, but that didn't matter.

"To make sure."

In the blink of an eye the grin on his face disappeared and he stepped forward, thrusting his armored hand at her neck before she could react.

"Just to make sure."

Gripping her by her neck, he lifted her up so her feet couldn't touch the ground, ignoring the mixed expression of fear, shock and panic on her face.

"Answer, corpse. While you can still draw breath."

She couldn't know that he had no intentions of harming or even killing her...
...atleast not until she answered.

"Red... or blue?"

When he looked into her eyes again, he knew, she would.

Into the Maelstrom - Virus - 07-04-2009

Apart from bringing her hands to hold the man's wrist to support her weight better, Blossom stayed mostly still and wide-eyed. "Uh. R-red." She choked out as a twinge of pain fluttered across her face.

"Good start." -It made him smile for a second, then he loosened his grip and let her fall to the ground.

"Why red?"

Turning around to look at the stars again he continued to smoke his cigarette, and waited.

Blossom collapsed to her knees, shaking slightly. "W-Why?" She hadn't really thought of why, she just... picked. Gaining a little confidence back, she brought herself to one knee, "Red... Is the color that comes from the heart." She quietly laughed to herself, "And one of my favorite colors." She said pulling her hair in front of her eyes so she could see the reddish tint.

The answer surprised him a little. "Not dead yet, but not alive either."
It was more than he had expected.

"Good enough."

After taking a closer look at her face and her red hair, he burned the image of her into his mind.
There were only few who belonged into neither the world of the living, nor the one of the dead.
She was one of them.
Worth remembering.
Maybe in the future, that would change.
Maybe it would not.
Now however...

"Your turn to ask."

...he would repay the favor.

"That's it... ? Good enough." Blossom slowly picked herself the rest of the way up, gently rubbing her throat with her hand. "My turn...?"

Blossom stood there rubbing her neck and scowling. "Not very polite grabbing someone like that, you know..." She sighed... Curiosity had taken over, "Red... Or blue...?"

He ignored her remark.
Being polite was not necessary here.
Not on this graveyard.

But the question, whether asked out of curiosity or due to a lack of creativity, had hit him.
"If only you had a choice." -He thought to himself, and it made him sad.

Knowing he had to answer however, he flicked the cigarette away, washed the thought aside, and stepped as close to her as he could, a stern gaze focused on her eyes.
His voice sounded darker...

"I'm alive."

Taking a step back now, he carefully removed his left armored glove, revealing his pale hand underneath.
After putting it aside, he produced a small knife out of a pocket in his belt.

"And as long as I live..."

Now looking at the knife, he slowly cut into his palm.
Blood spurted out, and he smiled at the pain. Just as...
"Too bad that is as far as it goes, old man." ...another sad thought crossed his mind.
His eyes focused on her again and the surprised look on her face washed that thought away, so he continued...

"...I can only answer this question in one way..."

He swung his arm in a wide arc in front of her, and the blood sprayed onto her flightsuit.

"...because unlike you, I have no choice."

She wouldn't understand.