Discovery Gaming Community
Into the Maelstrom - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Into the Maelstrom (/showthread.php?tid=13040)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Into the Maelstrom - Virus - 07-04-2009

Blossom did not understand. The old man just cut his own hand open and splashed blood all over the room, including onto her. Not the first time she was splashed with blood, probably wasn't the last. Certainly the strangest. This guy just got stranger and stranger....

She just sort of stood there. Blank-faced. "Sooo... Red?"

Into the Maelstrom - Blighter - 07-04-2009

He couldn't help but laugh, and so he did, loud and clear.
It was funny. She didn't understand and just took things as they were.
Not alive, not dead. Funny little girl she was there, looking at him in this strangely focused way.
Just like all the other corpses, yet different.

"Atleast more entartaining than the others." -He thought as threw the small knife away and grabbed his armored glove.
Then he began to walk by her...

"It's red."

...and said that with a wry smile on his face while patting her on the shoulder with his left hand, before he continued to walk away.

"Tomorrow, we fly."

...and the last thing she would hear of him on this day would be another verse of the song he was singing earlier, echoing in the distance as he disappeared around a corner...

[font=Palatino Linotype]"...help us soon, our doom approaches,
Save us so we don't lose focus.
Come here sweet catastrophe,
To kill our lives, our hopes, our dreams.

The fire's decided to chase us away,
The darkness has come and it's chosen to stay.
We're the ones you want to be here waiting for,
We're the children of the war..."

While singing and marching through the dark corridors he thought that maybe, in the future, she would be alive.
If not, she would stay dead.
And he would put her to rest.

Into the Maelstrom - Virus - 09-05-2009

It's been a tough few days...

Regardless, Margarita smiled as she lay down on her bunk in her temporary quarters on Rochester, exhausted. Viktor sat across the room with his back to the wall, Margie and the door in front of him. A quiet contentment washed over his face when he saw the happiness on her face. He would remain there for the rest of the night; a quiet, loyal guard.

Margie leaned against the wall at the head of the bed and pulled her knees up. From the end-table on her left, she picked up her log. Resting the small device against her knees, she slowly began to type up the next entry.

Log Entry; Margarita Cruz; 02:03; 059.817
Well... It's been a while. Almost a whole year since my last entry and... I've changed so much. I never did get to write about Viktor, Naomi, Emilio, or even that one Xeno... Copperhead, I think he went by.
Uhm, where to start? I left off in Kusari, Phantom Slayer following the orders of the "lords," mindless... oppressed. Anyway, I met a girl out there... Thinking back, she was just... taking advantage of me. She offered a better ship and ... temporary comforts. She wanted sex, that much was obvious... But I needed... Some feeling of belonging, comfort. I was just so... Lonely.

When I returned to the "Temple" of the Eidolon, I met... Well, met this guy. He's... Different... And I think I love him, in a sort of, well... Childish way. I've flown with him a lot, and he seems to always want to look over me and keep me safe.

During one of our travels in I met a nice Xeno pilot named ... David Chambers, I think. Hehe, kind of cute and only a few years older than me. I doubt Roy'd approve of me lusting after guys like this, and I do him... But it doesn't hurt to look, right? David was nice, smart, and believed in what he fought so hard for. I do wonder if he's still alive, though...

Uhm... More recently, I was left alone on Dryden. Much too long... In my sorrow, I decided I had no choice but to go look for Gloom, he uh... Well. Okay. I found him on Ouray, a Xeno base in Colorado. He... Changed my life, there. Before I arrived... Gloom put my brother, Emilio, to rest... I... Don't hate him for it. Oddly enough, I'm rather... Grateful. Emilio... Hasn't been himself. He's taken... Too much pleasure in murder. And I think... I think was saved, a moment before his death. Gloom said his last words were "Forgive me Margie," so... I have. I forgive them both.

Gloom also... Sort of... Saved my life. I uh... Collapsed after he told me he killed my brother and turned his back on me. He almost let the Xenos on the base kill me because of my damned... Mask. But he didn't. I don't remember what happened real well, but we ended up here on Rochester sometime later. I guess the old guy loves me as much as I love him... hehe...

In any case, we went flying for a short time today. Just had a conversation with some fellow from the Neo Terran Front. He wanted us to join him, help him defend ... something. I wasn't paying much attention, I just got... Reminded of Roy for some reason and couldn't stop thinking about him.

Gloom said we can go to Omega-15 tomorrow... I just want to go back there. And... That's it, I guess. Not really in-depth I guess, but I'm rather sleepy.

Hehe... Gloom's over there watching, as always. It's... Comforting in a way. I don't have to worry about anything while he's here. I really do love him...

The smile on her face faded to quiet reminiscence before a yawn broke it into a look a complete exhaustion. She placed the device back on the table next to her and curled up in the blankets, pulling the covers all the up over her nose. She lowered it long enough to smile sleepily at the man sitting in the corner and say, "Good night, Gloomy." before pulling them back up and closing her eyes.

Into the Maelstrom - Virus - 09-22-2009

It had been a long flight to Omega-15 from New York... But Bornholm Depot laid ahead. The two Kusari ships turned heads as they touched down in the hangar, a rare sight in this sector of space. Margarita pulled her helmet off and set it on the control stick as the air pressure equalized with the station, allowing the canopy to slide back smoothly. She ran a hand through her hair to straighten it slightly before stumbling out of the cockpit, down the wing, and onto the hangar deck.

Stretching one arm above her head and covering her mouth with the other she let out a silent yawn, involuntarily arching her back. Viktor was already making his way towards the station's inn, where they might find a room for the night. She bounded after him, not noticing the the stare of one older Junker who was sitting near a wrecked CSV, a shiver running down his spine as she ran by.