Discovery Gaming Community
Criminal pilots.... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Criminal pilots.... (/showthread.php?tid=13046)

Pages: 1 2

Criminal pilots.... - Ash - 10-14-2008

Ok this may have been touched on before but I think that criminal pilots should be made legal again. I've already posted a request on the 4.85 topic but i thought i should run it by you all too.

Its pretty annoying when youve just blown up lots of luvly NPCs and tractored the escape pods when all of a sudden the cops come along....

"I'l have that thank you very much..........................no?!..........................me not like you BANG BANG BANG"

....and neither does any other lawful pilot and station in that area:dry:

Im pretty sure weve all encountered this.

The player factions already dont tend to bother demanding this type of cargo and it would also be helpful for RP for many types such as prison liners and bounty hunters to name a few.

What are your thoughts?

Criminal pilots.... - Orin - 10-14-2008

Indeed. NPCs are a joke. There is no reason they should be doing the job of players. On top of that, if you tab or something with pirates in your hold, you can be utterly screwed.

On top of that, I and others like to RP that a pilot in hold is "you". For an LPI or such this would be impossible, because lawful NPCs will ask you to drop it, or die.

It's utterly useless in every sense of the word. This is an online game built around players, not NPCs.

If any pilots are still considered contraband in 4.85, I will be very disappointed.

Exactly my point. Are we all in agreement? If theres anyone who doesnt agree we'd like to hear why, its all useful here thanks.

Criminal pilots.... - Saigo.Watanabe - 10-14-2008

NPC's shouldnt ask for them, but player factions should providing its in rp ( of course) say a neutral-ish player came along near you and your a GC for instince and they had Dragon or outcast pilots... you would ask for them to drop those pilots cause you dont know if they attacked your allies.

But if they was a outcast player carrying Dragon or Outcast pilots you could say they was rescuing the pilots... it all depends on who you are and what those pilots are in relation to your faction

I dunno if ive explained this well enough, but i hope so ^_^

Yeah, that's not in question, Saigo. RP should be encouraged by getting rid of NPC demands.

NPCs are a side effect of this game. They shouldn't retain any more power, they should lose it.

Criminal pilots.... - Lt.Cmdr.Olsav - 10-14-2008

I say get rid of the pilot commodity issues and let people fly their prison liners full of miscreants.

@Orin: I never thought of using the pilots in an RP sense, i would but no coalition pilots around yet lol

Criminal pilots.... - Xing - 10-14-2008

I use one spaceship crew. In the case of Isabelle, I use a VIP commodity.

Were mostly covering opposite faction NPC demand.

So i mean it's fine for NPC's and players to demand pilots of their own and allied factions but not for their enemies or neutral.

(Also Lawfuls can also demand civ pilots)

So were getting at the fact that NPC's demand pilots that are their enemies or nothing to do with them (not on their allies/enemies list)

Obviously you can use a Spaceship Crew, but it's bloody boring. There's just no reason NPCs need to take player's RP away from them.

Criminal pilots.... - LoTeK_ - 10-14-2008

' Wrote:NPC's shouldnt ask for them, but player factions should providing its in rp ( of course) say a neutral-ish player came along near you and your a GC for instince and they had Dragon or outcast pilots... you would ask for them to drop those pilots cause you dont know if they attacked your allies.

But if they was a outcast player carrying Dragon or Outcast pilots you could say they was rescuing the pilots... it all depends on who you are and what those pilots are in relation to your faction

I dunno if ive explained this well enough, but i hope so ^_^
Well explained in my views and I think it should be so.