Discovery Gaming Community
FPS CAP - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: FPS CAP (/showthread.php?tid=130665)

Pages: 1 2 3

FPS CAP - Bazzilisk - 06-16-2015

Hello guys i am wondering why is my fps capped to 30 ? when i enter the game it shows 60 fps for a 2 sec then drop to 30 sec... i am not runing any programs in the background. i have Ati 7670m 1gb ddr3

RE: FPS CAP - TheFreelancer - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 11:20 PM)Bazzilisk Wrote: Hello guys i am wondering why is my fps capped to 30 ? when i enter the game it shows 60 fps for a 2 sec then drop to 30 sec... i am not runing any programs in the background. i have Ati 7670m 1gb ddr3
Oh the game uses Vsync to limt the FPS, Dont turn it off though or youll get banned(honestly i dont know why!)

RE: FPS CAP - Char Aznable - 06-16-2015

Disabling VSync causes you to jitter on the server and make you unhittable. It's an exploit, therefore banned.

RE: FPS CAP - Miaou - 06-16-2015

Freelancer is an old game, back when 60FPS was high. The server software can't keep up with player actions when their inputs are nearing 160 FPS or higher, causing what people call "jittering". Basically it can't decide where you are exactly.

Use your GPU settings to force v-sync off and limit it using dxtory or some other program. Just don't go above 160 FPS.

RE: FPS CAP - Mímir - 06-16-2015

Guys, he's not talking about uncapping FPS, he is asking why it drops to 30 when it should be locked at 60.

Maybe your rig is not completely capable at running at regular 60 fps and you get locked at a lower setting? Are you using the swagpack or another visual enhancements? Have you alt+tabbed?

RE: FPS CAP - Bazzilisk - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 11:45 PM)Mímir Wrote: He's not talking about uncapping FPS, he is asking why it drops to 30 when it should be 60.

Maybe your rig is not completely capable at running at regular 60 fps and you get locked at a lower setting? Are you using the swagpack or another visual enhancements? Have you alt+tabbed?

I am using bloom and max detalis, resolution 1600*900 dunno i think my computer should be able to run it on 60 fps const..
Dual core 2.4ghz
4gb ram
7670m ddr3

dunno whats the problem i was playing on my old computer that was much much worse, it had 128 mb graph card and i never had a problem with it. I tryed lowering resolution to 1366 but its the same ... when i start it , it goes to 60 a couple of sec , then drop to 30 . Btw my vsync is off in CCC always off, and Freelancer doesnt have option in the menu of vsync right? What is limiting my fps... Oh yes i saw that when i press alt tab that it drops to 30 fps,but that was time ago when i tryed Freelancer i wanted to play again but when i saw that problem a gave up cuz it's frustrating.

RE: FPS CAP - Mímir - 06-16-2015

Because you need another tool to break Vsync when you have an AMD/ATI card. And then you will need another tool on top of that to recap it at a higher rate.

As the others pointed out, you need to make sure your FPS is capped somewhere to make sure you dont jump around on the other players' screen.

---------------

For me, 60 fps is just fine and the extra competitive edge isn't worth the hassle IMO. Have you tried not touching any settings at all in CCC? Maybe that will leave you at the standard 60.

RE: FPS CAP - Bazzilisk - 06-17-2015

(06-16-2015, 11:57 PM)Mímir Wrote: Because you need another tool to break Vsync when you have an AMD/ATI card. And then you will need another tool on top of that to recap it at a higher rate.

As the others pointed out, you need to make sure your FPS is capped somewhere to make sure you dont jump around on the other players' screen.

---------------

For me, 60 fps is just fine and the extra competitive edge isn't worth the hassle IMO. Have you tried not touching any settings at all in CCC? Maybe that will leave you at the standard 60.

I didn't thouched anything in CCC , do you know how can i get 60 fps cap ? i really don't know how can i break that 30 fps cap to 60 fps if you know how it will be much appreciated. I dont want 100+ fps i just want 60 fps cap, no more no less.

RE: FPS CAP - Gondoros - 06-17-2015

You can go into CCC and into the 3D Settings ( it may be in another section, I dunno what CCC you have) you will find : Wait for vertical refresh or Wait for vertical sync . Turn it to off.
Then check the fps , if it's over 140, i sugesst you cap it using a software like dxtory, which you can also use for fps showing and taking screen shots so you'll have all things with just one program.

Good luck

(06-16-2015, 11:28 PM)Char Aznable Wrote: Disabling VSync causes you to jitter on the server and make you unhittable. It's an exploit, therefore banned.

The jitter always happens when you have over a certain fps, like over 160. And that is exactlly what the rules specify.

Quote:6. Following actions are considered cheating on server:
Disabling vSync to gain a framerate of 160 or higher.

RE: FPS CAP - sindroms - 06-17-2015

Try MSI Afterburner. It is a free 3rd party prog, which you can use to cap your FPS for individual games and it ovverrides the default settings, even for ATI as far as I am aware.