Discovery Gaming Community
To: Ageira | Subj.: Information about instability of Hamburg Jump Gate in Hudson - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Ageira | Subj.: Information about instability of Hamburg Jump Gate in Hudson (/showthread.php?tid=130738)

To: Ageira | Subj.: Information about instability of Hamburg Jump Gate in Hudson - Bundeskabinett Sekretariat - 06-19-2015

=[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

[Image: Laura_Caspers.jpg]

PRIORITY: High
ENCRYPTION: High
IDENTIFICATION: Laura Caspers, Staatssekretärin of the Bundeskabinett Sekretariat
SOURCE: Bundeskanzleramt, Planet New Berlin
SUBJECT: Information about possible instability of Hamburg Jump Gate in Hudson system

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrter representative of Ageira. My name is Laura Caspers and I was authorized by the Rheinland Government to contact you regarding certain disturbing information broadcasted by some media about possible instability of Hamburg Jump Gate in Hudson system. In case you didn´t notice it, it is this:

LOADING DATA ATTACHMENT
OPEN NEURALNET LINK

I guess you can imagine that such information is causing public unrest which forced government to take appropriate measures as mentioned in our communiqué in the same channel. The Rheinland Government immediately demands from you information about authenticity of the leaked documents, especially since you didn´t deny the information after it was broadcasted what suggests it might be true. In this case we ask for full information about situation, necessary measures and/or possible solutions.

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen,

Laura Caspers

=[TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]=

(//created by Laura C.)

Ageira Innovations - Rheinland Government - Edison Lawrence - 06-20-2015

[Image: RXuYmIN.png]

To: Laura Caspers, Staatssekretärin of the Bundeskabinett Sekretariat

Sehr geehrter Frau Caspers,

Ageira Innovations has just recently issued an official statement concerning the Hudson Crisis. Let me quote the most important part.

Ageira Innovations is hereby confirming authenticity of the leaked report concerning so called Hudson Crisis. Official internal investigation concerning the source of the leak is not yet concluded, however, it is believed that a preliminary working draft of the report was illegally copied from a personal computer of one of the employees assigned to the scientific team sent to Hudson. However, Ageira Innovations wish to underline that the research process of the Hudson anomaly is not yet finished and therefore each and every statement present in various versions of the report, especially leaked preliminary draft, should be treated only as a working hypothesis. At this point, the factual level of danger or its magnitude are unknown, but there are good reasons to believe that if no countermeasures are taken a catastrophic outcome is very likely.

As a result, Ageira Innovations cannot be held responsible for the contents of a preliminary draft of the report which was illegally copied and published, nor any of the consequences of this criminal act. I was also authorized to share with you an excerpt from an analysis of our Chief Security Officer, nota bene, retired officer of BDM.

...even before the unfortunate leak. Now with eyes of every single government agency and terrorist group on Hudson any official involvement of Ageira Innovations is ill-advised due to high risk of irreparable damage to company image and interests occurring in the event of a sabotage. Without a tight security cordon around the site on both sides of the jump gate maintained by both Rheinland and Liberty forces in unison, all following scenarios are within reasonable possibility:
- a sabotage by independent LSF cell disguised as Ageira aimed at dealing a fatal blow to Rheinland at the cost of acceptable collateral damage,
- a sabotage by independent BDM cell disguised as Ageira aimed at boosting morale and resources for a counter invasion by shifting blame on Liberty Government and its corporations,
- a sabotage by a terrorist group disguised as Ageira aimed at spreading chaos or for any unknown reason,
- an unintentional sabotage by Liberty and Rheinland forces resulting from an unexpected border incident; I am not a scientist, but I think antimatter explosions do not work well with sensitive hyperspace technology...

With these reservations in mind we will naturally share with you a possible countermeasure solution on which the R&D department at Pueblo Station is working all day and night since the initial survey. Since I am not a scientist, it will be better if the details are explained by our Acting Chief Executive Officer.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Edison Lawrence,
Managing Director of Legal Department,
Ageira Innovations
[Image: fZqZyxc.png]

Ageira Innovations - Rheinland Government - Sebastian Hart - 06-20-2015

[Image: snrhwYX.png]

Dear Ms Caspers,

I apologize for the cold tone of Mr Lawrence, but he just makes sure we scientists do not end up in jail or without funding. I trust both his methods and judgment.

First let me try to explain you the situation. Our jump gates link two distant places in the universe by folding space time continuum through gravity distortion produced by a controlled singularity in a way that it creates two blind funnels that eventually meet and turn into a proper Einstein-Rosen bridge, colloquially called a hyperspace tunnel. Upon receiving severe damage the jump gate systems failed to properly disperse the bridge, which resulted in a half closed wormhole tunnel with an unstable singularity trapped inside of it.

It is impossible to predict with 100% certainty what will happen once the singularity reaches its critical mass due to significant number of unknown variables. The most optimistic scenario is that upon going supernova it will create an anomaly similar to Grande Negra in Texas, just several times larger and on both sides of the bridge. I do not really want to describe pessimistic scenarios.

Our current countermeasure plan includes construction of massive gravity stabilizers on both sides of the Hudson-Hamburg wormhole which would allow to slowly reopen the hyperspace bridge and initiate a process in which excess energy trapped inside would be siphoned out in order to starve the proto-singularity there. Once this process is complete the wormhole will slowly stabilize itself. Once the stabilizers are ready the process could take between 6 to 18 months to complete. Unfortunately, construction of the above mentioned installations and supporting stations would require unprecedented in times of war cooperation between Rheinland and Liberty.

Yours sincerely,
Sebastian Hart,
Acting Chief Executive Officer,
Ageira Innovations

RE: To: Ageira | Subj.: Information about instability of Hamburg Jump Gate in Hudson - Bundeskabinett Sekretariat - 06-20-2015

IDENTIFICATION: Laura Caspers, Staatssekretärin of the Bundeskabinett Sekretariat
SUBJECT: Re: Information about possible instability of Hamburg Jump Gate in Hudson system

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrte Managing Director Lawrence and Acting Chief Executive Officer Hart. Let me reply to you gradually.

Herr Lawrence, danke for your reply and statement, as well as for sharing the risks assessment. Rest assured Rheinland Government didn´t have in mind making any consequencies for the Ageira Innovations. We just hope that this classified information leak will not repeat and you took all possible measures to prevent recurrence of such.

Herr Hart, danke for explaining the problem in the way which is quite understandable even for non scientists. We now understand what is the problem, what are possible consequencies and what is possible solution.

Last important thing we have to know - what you need from us? I understood from your words that quite big and long-term operation has to be conducted on both jump gates - the Hudson gate in Hamburg system and Hamburg one in Hudson system. To support this, two stations need to be constructed, one at each site, and these stations have to be supplied and possibly protected against criminals which are hiding in space wilderness around gates and might endanger the operation. Is that correct or is there something more?

I will conclude my message with two more questions though. Question eins: how much time we have approximately to start with operation before the bad things start to happen? Question zwei: does Ageira expect that Rheinland government will be involved in expenses of the salvaging operation and if ja, what is your estimation about the sum?

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen,

Laura Caspers

(//created by Laura C.)

Ageira Innovations - Rheinland Government - Sebastian Hart - 06-21-2015

[Image: snrhwYX.png]

Dear Ms Caspers,

Thank you for your kind words. Feynman, an early-modern scientist after who we named one of our larger ships, used to say that if someone is not able to explain even a very complicated concept, then he simply does not understand it fully.

As for the time we have left, I am afraid you will not like my answer. In modern science we usually deal with probabilities, like with the half-life of radioactive isotopes. Uranium's half-life is measured as roughly 70 solar years, however, due to probabilistic nature of decay a particular uranium particle can survive whole millennium. Similarly, the probability of the disaster is gradually rising. We estimate about 10% chance now and we expect it to rise to 20% by next month. It is the race of luck against time. At some point we will run out of luck.

As for your other questions, I will have to ask Mr Lawrence for his analysis.

Yours sincerely,
Sebastian Hart,
Acting Chief Executive Officer,
Ageira Innovations

Ageira Innovations - Rheinland Government - Edison Lawrence - 06-21-2015

[Image: RXuYmIN.png]

Sehr geehrter Frau Caspers,

I will shortly describe legal status of the jump gate and trade lane network, which I will refer later to as the network. By the point 3.1 of the original contract between Ageira Technologies and the Republic of Rheinland, the latter was given perpetual usus fructus of the network to be erected in Rheinland. Speaking more informally, Ageira Technologies has the property of the network while Rheinland has perpetual possession of it. Without abusus, the third ownership ingredient, Rheinland is not allowed to sell, modify or destroy any component of the network. This is obviously a measure aimed at protecting the technological secrets of Ageira Technologies. At the same time, since Rheinland has the right of fructus, specifically derives the profit from taxation and transportation tariffs, it is its burden to pay the upkeep and maintenance costs. While insurance provided by Interspace Commerce is usually paid in events such as replacement of a trade lane ring destroyed by a stray asteroid, I do not believe it will apply here.

To sum it up Rheinland is the possessor of Hudson-Hamburg jump gate, is bound to pay for its repairs and upkeep and has broken its agreement with Ageira Technologies by severely damaging its components, which is most likely not covered by the insurance. At the same time considering our previous experiences with Rheinland legislative and justice system and the fact that the court appropriate for the case is located in New Berlin, we deem any legal actions both cost-ineffective and inappropriate considering the magnitude of the situation. Considering the extraordinary nature of the situation and the ongoing war I do not doubt that the only possibility of averting the crisis are trilateral negotiations in which a level of Rheinland's and Liberty's participation in costs is agreed upon.

As for the costs themselves I was told that logistically the operation is comparable to two jump gate constructions, but obviously a more detailed estimations can be provided only by Deep Space Engineering as the exclusive developer of all Ageira designed stellar installations, or more conveniently for you, Daumann Heavy Construction which is currently maintaining gate construction site in Omega-11.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Edison Lawrence,
Managing Director of Legal Department,
Ageira Innovations

To: Laura Caspers, Staatssekretärin of the Bundeskabinett Sekretariat - John White - 01-04-2016

[Image: S11qWva.png]

Dear Ms. Caspers,

I am pleased to announce that tonight Ageira has finally completed the reconstruction of Hudson-Hamburg Jump Gates. The testing took place and all readings showed good signs. We believe that the crisis is averted, however continuous examinations and investigations will be carried out to constantly observe and assert the situation. We thank you for your patience in this matter of utmost importance.

Ageira Innovations will resume our normal operations throughout Sirius and hopefully, with the blessing of Bundeskabinett Sekretariat will be able to obtain docking clearance to Rheinland Planets and Border Stations. We also congratulate Rheinland on returning Bonn Station to Interspace. With this event taking place, we are now able to feel more comfortable in Rheinland by supplying our products.

With this said, Ageira Innovations have started shipping Docking Ring Parts, which was covered under our usual product names, however with 823 year on the way, we have made adjustments to our shipping manifests and now this product will be identified as separate. We ask for amendment to laws in order to solve any issues before they happen.

Sincerely,

John White,
Chief Executive Officer,
Ageira Innovations

RE: To: Ageira | Subj.: Information about instability of Hamburg Jump Gate in Hudson - Bundeskabinett Sekretariat - 01-09-2016

SUBJECT: Re: Information about possible instability of Hamburg Jump Gate in Hudson system

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrter Chief Executive Officer White.

Rheinland government is impressed by the speed with which you were able to fix this extremely challenging and dangerous problem. Ageira once more proved to be excellent in its field of expertise. We want to thank you as well as all your employees which were involved in the project, you did great job.

Regarding issue which will be probably now brought up again - payment for your services, as now it is finally time to solve this issue, we would like to ask you to wait before peace negotiations with Liberty will be finished because this issue is part of them. If that is not possible, we recommend you to contact government of Liberty. As their representative stated in diplomatic message, which you can see in data attachment with the important part marked, The Republic of Liberty has pledged to defray the majority of the repair costs and thus at least 51 percent of them will be paid by their side regardless of the outcome of negotiations.

LOADING DATA ATTACHMENT

About the docking clearance problem - we are surprised to hear that you have problems with this, considering your corporation kept trading rights, despite restricted, even during whole war with Liberty. Can you elaborate further which planets or stations don´t allow your ships to dock?

And now to the last issue, Docking Ring Parts commodity. This matter...turned out to be more complicated than may be expected. I guess for Ageira this is just administrative change, but for some members of Rheinland government and Bundestag this has much more important meaning connected to unfinished peace and trade restoration with Liberty.

Let me explain why the change of laws was not approved by Bundestag. It may be clearer from these lists:

LOADING DATA ATTACHMENT

As you can see from these lists, Libertonian corporations are at this moment much less restricted in trading within Rheinland than our corporations in Liberty, what especially applies to Ageira and Interspace. Thus majority of Bundestag members feels no more exceptions should be made, no matter how purely administrave they are, because this would weaken Rheinland position in mentioned negotiations with Liberty. Rheinland made a lot of exceptions, not to mention your much more relaxed trade embargo on the border than conditions which Liberty keeps.

Maybe if you could show that Ageira is exerting some pressure on Liberty government to lift restriction of Rheinland corporations, Bundestag representatives may change their opinion. Otherwise you will have to wait for outcome of the negotiations between governments.

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen,

Laura Caspers

(//created by Laura C.)

To: Laura Caspers, Staatssekretärin of the Bundeskabinett Sekretariat - John White - 01-14-2016

[Image: S11qWva.png]

Dear Ms. Caspers,

It is rather odd that Bundeskabinett is not aware that Ageira Technologies lost docking privileges the moment Rheinland decided to act irresponsible and give birth to Hudson Crisis in the first place. We do not know the exact reason of this development by administration but it put all Ageira operations in Rheinland at risk due to decreased security. At this moment, Ageira Technologies vessels are unable to dock with planets, border stations and all military installations. It has been so for the past two years if not more.

Secondly, we are in no position to officially pressure Liberty Government regarding trade embargo. Hudson Crisis took a huge toll on our influence and I we will need a few more months to regain our status among Liberty politicians. However, Ageira Innovations have already contacted ALG Waste Disposal about their troubles in Liberty and offered our assistance. However, they refused it due to lack of potential financial benefit. We have also contacted Daumann Heavy Construction in order to improve our relationships and lay down the plan for closer cooperation.

As you can see, we have already started the discussion on multiple channels. I am yet to hear of Rheinland Corporations making similar discussions with Liberty on their own accord. Which begs the question, why are you asking for our pressure if your corporations aren't making the first step? If the fact that your planets require Docking Rings' maintenance which Ageira is offering to provide without any additional strings attached is not enough as a sign of good will, I do not know what else we can offer what we haven't already done.

Ageira Technologies supplies many planets and many stations with our products. We have the benefit of choosing our contracts with partners who want to keep their Network working. From what we see and hear - Bundeskabinett has reservations. We are offering to prevent a disaster when a Docking Ring goes out of order and civilian shuttles are using it, causing the lift to dispense and ripping hulls to pieces as a meteor on top of making surface unreachable to general population. Please, reconsider our offer for the sake of humanity that you put in danger once more.

Sincerely,

John White,
Chief Executive Officer,
Ageira Innovations

RE: To: Ageira | Subj.: Information about instability of Hamburg Jump Gate in Hudson - Bundeskabinett Sekretariat - 01-15-2016

Guten Tag again, Sehr geehrter Chief Executive Officer White.

The issue with Ageira´s docking rights seems to be relict of previous kabinett under leadership of kanzler Schulte. Unfortunately, as it happens often during governmental changes, responsible people left their seats and those which replaced them were not properly informed about all matters. I can assure you on behalf of new government of kanzlerin Neumann that if we would know about this problem, we would start working on the solution much sooner.

Government already gave instruction to federal polizei, which is responsible for docking rights on all planets except Holstein and Baden Baden, to fix this issue. We hope it will be done as soon as possible, but as you maybe know, these technical issues are implemented by Sirius Identification Commission and they the party which is responsible for update of software used during docking sequences. Feel free to contact them on your own to speed up the whole process.

We also consulted the issue of docking on military installations with ministry of defence and representative of Rheinland Military, however they stated objections against Ageira ships docking there due to security reasons, pointing out that if any materials or Ageira personnel will be needed there, they will be picked up by military transport ships from nearest planet or border station. If for some reason this would not be possible, some one time exception may be granted.

Regarding the pressure on Liberty government, I would like to point out that if even key Liberty corporation like yours is struggling to gain influence, why do you expect that banned foreign corporations, from house which was war enemy until recently, could have any better position for lobbying or exerting pressure? Honestly, even representatives of Rheinland government are so far struggling to establish proper diplomatic channels with their counterparts. This is the reason why we wanted to try to use local corporations like Ageira or Interspace Commerce, which have interest in restoration of trade between Liberty and Rheinland, to help us. We hoped you could have better access to representatives of Liberty government and thus better position for negotiations, but it seems this is not the case.

I can inform you that another diplomatic attempt to reach peace agreement including restoration of trade was launched recently by Rheinland ministry for Foreign Affairs. Hopefully things will finally move forward soon and no reconsidering of your offer will be needed because trading restrictions will be lifted for all Rheinland and Liberty corporations. At least this is what Rheinland government proposed.

However if Liberty government will reject it for some strange reason, we will return to the issue again in month or so.

Mit Freundlichen Grüßen,

Laura Caspers

(//created by Laura C.)