Discovery Gaming Community
Emergency Message to Dawson Base || Subject: EVACUATION - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Emergency Message to Dawson Base || Subject: EVACUATION (/showthread.php?tid=130811)

Emergency Message to Dawson Base || Subject: EVACUATION - Wolfgang Weisen - 06-20-2015

...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Wolfgang.Weisen.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: dcr9Wjn.png][Image: gvXcwug.png]

Guten Tag.

Grave news incoming. I am sure you heard about your nearby Jump Gate connecting to Hamburg system which is about to collapse. Obviously in such scenario, because of the base's proximity to the gate, Dawson is expected to be wiped out. Either by the explosion or shortly afterwards as one of the first meals of the voracious black hole that will be created.

We were hoping that House authorities would respond immediately and this message would have been unneeded to send, but this is not true anymore. Our informants are whispering that Rheinland is not responding quickly enough to the impeding threat.

You might not care for the reasons, but I will list them anyhow.
  1. Rheinland's Government might still think it could be a trap orchestrated by Liberty.
  2. Rheinland's treasury is so bad enough that they might not even have the funds to pay for the arguably tremendously expensive repairs.
  3. Rheinland is notoriously known for its bureaucracy.
Our analysts conclude that there is a 30% chance that the Jump Gate won't be properly repaired in time. You might find the number pretty low and do not evacuate, that's not a decision I would make for you. But personally, I'd not take such big risk, gentlemen.

I will keep the channel open for queries.

...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...

RE: Emergency Message to Dawson Base || Subject: EVACUATION - sindroms - 06-20-2015

The Liberty Rogues Wrote:
[Image: 0eqCBjn.png]

Needless to say, these are dark days for Dawson in particular. Not only the war between Liberty and Rheinland has turned that particular base into nothing more but a smuggling resupply point than anything else, but now this nonsense is happening.

Yes, we are keeping an eye on what information we can get about the situation and most of the more valuable projects and items have been moved off to Freeport 2 for the time being. Hopefully the Zoners can keep their gobs shut about it. We will, obviously, keep a skeleton crew present on the station in order to provide repairs for visiting vessels and keep the bar running, but apart from that Dawson is already marked down as a possibly lost installation.

I cannot say it will be abandoned fully as some of the rookies present are inclined to try and jump scientists and the present convoys holding their machinery and tech, but apart from that we are going to cut down on patrols there and redirect them to Bering for the time being.

Ah well. If the damn thing does go pop, I can only hope the Xenos also get reminded that they do not live in a dream.

~Mort

TRANSMISSION HEADLOCKED AND GIVEN A TWIST