Discovery Gaming Community
To: Dr. Thallia Thorn - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Dr. Thallia Thorn (/showthread.php?tid=130959)

To: Dr. Thallia Thorn - Yak - 06-24-2015

[Image: Tbar-Minoru_zps7xd282dk.png]

Yoi tsuitachi Lexi san.

You have my most sincere apologies for cutting our recent conversation short. However I hope you understand the need to pay full attention to a member of the Golden Chrysanthemums, a group well known for their unpredictable and violent behavior.

I would very much like to spend more time explaining the objectives of our organisation to you in detail... and perhaps hearing the finer points of your own adventures around the Sirius sector!

In the meantime, I would like to offer our best wishes on behalf of myself and the rest of the Kogane no Kitsune Dantai, it was most sincerely my pleasure, Lexi san, may luck follow you wherever you travel.

Minoru Chiaki out.

RE: To: Captain Lexi of Thallia.Thorn - Thallia Thorn - 06-24-2015

::Incoming Transmission - Identification: Dr. Thallia Thorn::
::Location - |Error|::
::Loading Audio-Video Playback::

The screen focuses on a woman lying on a bed wearing a medical gown. Despite her forced smile, her occasional twitch suggest that the burns across her forearms and face are causing more pain than she is letting on.

"Korn-nee-chee-war Minoru!"

"Apo...apologies for my, ur, delayed response. As yo... you can see, cheating death tends to keep a girl, ur, busy. Once I am no longer bound to bed by doctors orders, I wo...would like to take you up on that offer. Kusari is, ur, an intriguing place, so different to home!"

"I...I should probably clarify for you; Lexi is my onboard AI companion and friend. As much as, urm, she likes to think she's Captain! My name is Thallia. I ho...hope that luck extends to me too!"

The view of the screen shifts to a ceiling as the tablet is being put down, with a deep sigh being heard from off camera. A few moments later, a hand reaches across the screen. "Oops, nearly forgot to t---"

::Transmission terminated::

RE: To: Captain Lexi of Thallia.Thorn - Yak - 06-24-2015

Yoi tsuitachi Dr. Thorn.

I do apologise for the confusion, that is indeed an impressive AI you travel with!

Of course, you have our sympathies for your current condition, may I ask what happened? If there is any way in which we may be of assistance to your recovery, please do let us know.

In the meantime, best of luck to you Dr. Thorn, I wish you a speedy recovery from your injuries. Sayonara.

Minoru Chiaki out.

RE: To: Dr. Thallia Thorn - Thallia Thorn - 06-30-2015

[Image: p4JjBLJ.png]

"He...hello Mr. Chiaki,

I apologise for, ur, the delayed response. What happened is of no importance, just curiosity killing the cat... so to, ur, speak.

The good news is that I'm back to a reas...reasonable state of health, and my curiosity for finding out what your organisation is hasn't waned. So, ur, level with me here... are you really just a group of rice farmers? Let's fa...face it, rice farmers don't tend to have the, ur, contacts you claimed to have during that little roundtable outside Miura.
May the stars keep you."

[Image: oMIVZWQ.png]

RE: To: Dr. Thallia Thorn - Yak - 07-01-2015

Yoi tsuitachi Dr. Thorn.

I see your recovery is going well, you look much better than when we last spoke. I must say it is indeed lucky that curiosity did in fact not actually kill the cat, although it looked to be a close call!

As to the status of our organisation... well, many of us are from rice farming families, but now we are shareholders in a number of large farms, and the organisation also owns a number of wholesale warehouses, and our flagship enterprise, the Golden Fox Rice House... of course all this needs security which cannot always be provided by the law, if you catch my meaning.

And yourself, may I ask, what is your particular line of work, I assume you work with artificial intelligence, considering you have such a wonderful AI companion aborad your ship?

If you find yourself on Planet Kyushu do please pay a visit to one of our restaraunts, I can highly recommend the mackerel kamameshi! In the meantime, I hope your recovery continues to be hasty, sayonara for now Dr. Thorn.

Minoru Chiaki out.

RE: To: Dr. Thallia Thorn - Thallia Thorn - 07-03-2015

Go...good day Mr. Chiaki,

You were right about the mackerel kamameshi! It was, ur, delicious and certainly worth the time to make a quick detour to Kyushu.

I, ur, catch your meaning but please may you enlighten me further? I am not fa...familiar with Kusari or it's politics and as such there may be a context or indication I am, urm... missing. It's my hope that you would, ur, not mind satisfying a curious mind.

As to your cur...curiosities, yes I work with artificial intelligence. More specifically I work with Lexi, facilitating her growth and acquiring what is needed for expanding her, urm, capabilties.

Mr Chiaki, I don't suppose you'd be willing to entertain an order for a taster-selection of your more finer produce? I've started to ac...acquire a taste for Kusarian food, and it would be delightful to, ur, be able to sample some of Kyushu's finest.

May the Stars keep you.

RE: To: Dr. Thallia Thorn - Yak - 07-10-2015

Yoi tsuitachi Dr. Thorn!

It is good to hear from you again, and I am glad you share a taste for my favorite dish!

Regarding our security needs, we have had numerous attempts to sabotage our farms and restaurants in the past, and as they say, prevention is better than a cure... after all the police cannot be present in all places at all times. Suffice to say we have discreet security teams at most of our establishments.

As to your work with Lexi, I find AI programming to be an interesting topic, even if a bit beyond me most of the time. I am no computer engineer, but I would very much like to have some of the systems involved in such a unique AI explained in more detail some day!

I am sure we can arrange a selection of Kusarian food products for you, we make regular trips throughout Kusari, Liberty and Rheinland, so a small detour within one of these areas to provide for your request would certainly be a delight... anyone who enjoys the delights of a traditional dinner should be provided for in my opinion!

Please, do let us know where you would like a selection of goods delivered, and of course you can tell us what you would like, or indeed we can choose a suitable selection for you!

In the meantime, it is good to see you are still recovering well, and, as always, the pleasure has been all mine. Sayonara for now Dr. Thorn.

Minoru Chiaki out.

RE: To: Dr. Thallia Thorn - Thallia Thorn - 07-10-2015

Good Day Mr. Chi...Chiaki!

'Discreet Security teams'? Heh... well that's a new way to, ur, say underworld connections. Po...politically correct to a fault; I, ur, like it. D...do not worry. I won't tell a soul.

It would be a, urm... a pleasure to perhaps introduce you to Lexi at some point? We've found that, urm, unless you are highly proficient in programming, the best way to 'explore' the concept is 'a cuppa tea and a chat'. At least, that is how she puts it... the tea part? No idea. She can't drink... never worked that one out... If you'd, ur, be interested in that, let me know. I'd invite you to the 'Aceso' to meet her, but understand there are certain, urm... conditions attached to that offer.

As for the selection box, I'm more than, ur, happy to come pick them up from Kyushu. I pass by often, no sense asking you to , urm, deliver it when I can just pop by that restaurant of yours near the star-port. Can even have some more Ka...Karmarmershee! The contents should be of your personal choice, Mr. Chiaki, this qualifies in my book as an experiment and, urm... I'm sure you won't disappoint.

May the Stars keep you Mr. Chiaki, and Sa...sar-yorn-nar-ar.