Discovery Gaming Community
Bafflin' Open House! ~ All Hallow's Eve! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Bafflin' Open House! ~ All Hallow's Eve! (/showthread.php?tid=13097)

Pages: 1 2 3

Bafflin' Open House! ~ All Hallow's Eve! - Malaclypse 666 - 11-01-2008

Ahh.. what an opening Gala! Most excitement Bafflin' has seen since the TAZ purchased the system!

Kudos to Doc and Mad John, for playing hosts; to Shamus for Bouncer duty in the Flagheap; to Moira for catering the Buffet, which was destroyed in short order; and to Fellow Hoodlum for peeking in to smile upon us. And, kudos to IND's Cabover Pete for giving the Shasta gunners some target practice, and giving us all a laugh.

We had quite the mixed bag of attendees.. Plenty of Zoners, to be sure, along with IND, Junkers, an Outcast or two, a lost Xeno, and a few "undecided's".

Featured today at our Open House will be a chuckwagon breakfast, catered by Hope's Catering out of Belfast, followed by a Scrubby roundup in the Ellesmere Cloud for you tenderfeet.

We're still working out the details and rules for Sunday's Demolition Derby; but we promise to come up with something bizarre and sphincter-clenching!

And now.. (drum roll please) a list of attendees, beginning with our "Honorary Masons" of the Temple of Eris Esoteric. Thank you for your kind donations of almost 145 Million Credits to our Temple Fund. This will be followed by those attendees who forgot their wallets...

Honorary Masons:

furball
[IND]Cabover.Pete
Flyin'.Brick
IronWatsas
Alex.Heartnet
[IL]illia
KNF-Hitsu
Fin McCool, retired ELF
Midnight.El
IMGS-Black_Sun
Sirus_Hauling
[WDR]Nostromo, and
Bretonian Minister of Defense, James Ralston
Kusaran Office of Imperial Contracts, Bo Sun Gen

Other Attendees:

Museum.of.Anthropology
Emerald.Glow
Wes.Janson
John.Valentine
Jimmy.Hartford (He who pukes on his shoes..)
DragonLancer
[RoS]Juan[V]
ReapersTrading.002
Haul_Lass
A_Jedi's_Trader
And finally a group of Junkers (.:j:.) who were ill-prepared, and beat a hasty retreat from Shasta:
Cash.Machine
Charles.Monroe
William.McCoy
Aidowehin

Bafflin' Open House! ~ All Hallow's Eve! - Seth Karlo - 11-01-2008

Demolition Derby?

Heh, you have my attention....

Bafflin' Open House! ~ All Hallow's Eve! - Kazyumi - 11-02-2008

...Incoming CLASSIFIED Transmission...
[Image: charlesgc2.jpg]
From: Group Leader Charles Monroe, aboard his Pirate Train.
To: [TAZ]
Priority: Low
Subject: Last night's gig.

Hail attendees,

I must confess, I myself didn't get along with the bouncers quite as well as I hoped.
For this I had to take my group with me back to business.
Shame we missed out, seemed like one hell of a party.
Deal with your bouncers next time, or take a sunnier system, most people love Tau-37(!)

Best regards,

Charles Monroe
.:j:.Charles.Monroe
...Transmission Ends...

Bafflin' Open House! ~ All Hallow's Eve! - onca - 11-02-2008

Transmission from: [IND]Cabover_Pete

Mal you forgot to mention the planet diving competition... I think it was won hands down by Wes.Janson, who managed to bounce his ship off the geode more times than I returned to the buffet table. I think he was looking for the entrance, haha. Special mention also to Hoodlum, who through either drink or bad driving proved that admin shields aren't *that* tough, heheh.

Yes those buggers at Shasta are a little zealous in their dislike of "townies"... I was forced to detour to FP6 and throw some cash in certain back pockets, to get hold of a special FOTZ ("Friend of the Zoners") windshield sticker.

Well anyway a fine time was had by all! That stuff which we shan't mention worked a treat. Although by the time I woke up my crew had disappeared... I think they absconded just prior to my turn in the planet diving comp (something like, "let us the bloody hell out")... last seen taking a transport back to the safety or Omicron Delta or something. Ah they'll come crawling back.

Oh yes, what about the group piccy?

The sad part is I can't attend today's festivities *cries*. With my crew MIA I've had to put in to... where am I?... Kyushu, for a bit. (ooc: I have to work today, on a Sunday *cries*). So have one for me....

@Out

Bafflin' Open House! ~ All Hallow's Eve! - Malaclypse 666 - 11-02-2008

To qoute some smarmish greetings-card writer:

"A good time was had by all!"

Well, a certain Irish lass is fuming because she had to dump out 100 gallons of rustler stew. The chuckwagon dinner was a bust. The Scrubbies enjoyed it though.

Here are some candids Sophie managed to catch while she was handing out party favors and "candy" on Friday eve.

Eris has nixed the Demolition Derby scheduled for today. ...something about there being no "Pontiac stationwagons" left in the Galaxy. Oh well. Maybe next year.

Those of you who offerred your Fithings to the Church will continue to receive Eris' blessings throughout the year. Those of you who told Eris to "get a job!" may find your lives becoming more interesting.

Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!

Malaclypse, Episkopos, Para-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric

Bafflin' Open House! ~ All Hallow's Eve! - Riley Mackenzie - 11-02-2008

allow me to vent my 'All Hallows Peeve':

I suck like a black hole.

A couple weeks ago, I headed over to Liberty space from Canaria to buy a really cheap next-gen transponder for the Erinloch, & after a couple of days of searching the black market, I found what I was looking for. To celebrate, I was uttely stupid enough to hook up with a pair of Libertarian prostitutes that ended up ripping me off after hanging out with them for a week & a 1/2.

When I woke up this morning in bed, (& as pissed off as I was) I eventually picked the lock on my handcuffs & I turned my neural net back on... I listened to my mail messages & realized that I missed the annual hallows bash in Bafflin.

& That just pissed me off more.

So...I head out of Liberty & eventually dock on Shasta to buy some new clothes while wearing nothing but my coat, & people I pass by in the corridor snicker at me as I pass by, as if I just regained conciousness & was just part of the party & suffering from a dazed hangover or something.

I'm an idiot, & it sounds like I missed a better time than I had

Ah well.

Bafflin' Open House! ~ All Hallow's Eve! - Malaclypse 666 - 11-03-2008

Riley.. Riley.. Riley..

Well, it's debateable, sir. Sounds like you may have actually had MORE fun than we did.

We have a late donation to report. Apparently Bretonia is not the only House interested in our patented terraforming Scrubbies.. The Kusaran Office of Imperial Contracts has also made a generous contribution to our Temple Fund. Thanks to Trade Minister Bo Sun Gen and Admiral Sulu for their continued guarded interest in our little Sect.

Honorary Masons list updated.

Mal