Discovery Gaming Community
| To: Canaan Research Team | RE: A Special Request | - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: | To: Canaan Research Team | RE: A Special Request | (/showthread.php?tid=131029)

| To: Canaan Research Team | RE: A Special Request | - Thallia Thorn - 06-26-2015

::Incoming Transmission - Identification: Dr. Thallia Thorn::
::Location - |Error|::
::Loading Audio-Video Playback::

He...hello Canaan!

I cannot thank you enough for your assistance at our last encounter. Bringing Lexi back... correcting some miscalculations in hardware... it has meant the world to me since.

A lot has, ur, happened since we last saw each other! To the point of my transmission. The So...'Solace' was destroyed recently, an accident created perhaps by a zealous curiosity and the foolishness to follow it. Ma...maybe. This has naturally created an issue; Lexi cannot function properly without a large power core and vast server stacks to support her. She is little more than what she was before your help, albeit stable and not degrading. Whilst the power-core technology adapted into the anki was salvaged, this seems like the perfect opportunity. To dream a little bigger... a little better.

I've be...begun drafting some designs, trying to find ways to push the boundaries on what is possible by incorporating Lexi into a larger vessel. I'm playing around with perhaps a gunship or larger. I, ur, wish to ask: please may you share with me any research notes you may have on relevant topics you may have? Specifically pertaining to potentially integrating Lexi into weapon systems or any technology that could be adapted so that is possible?

I look forward to hearing from you!

::Transmission Terminated::

RE: | To: Canaan Research Team | RE: A Special Request | - Avision - 06-28-2015

[Image: freya_a.png]
Hello Thallia,

I guess you remember me. Don't you? *a woman slightly smiles* Potentially this confuses you. Propably I will explain it soon. Let's talk about your request Thallia. It's a good decission to transfer Lexi to a vessel of larger size, but what is the reason about introducing weapon systems to Lexi? I hope you don't want to use her as a warsystem. This is in fact what concerns me most. Do you mind to explain the purpose of this all?
[Image: freya_end.png]

RE: | To: Canaan Research Team | RE: A Special Request | - Thallia Thorn - 06-28-2015

::Incoming Transmission - Identification: Dr. Thallia Thorn::
::Location - |Error|::
::Loading Audio-Video Playback::

"Hello Freya,"

"I...I remember you. You are, ur, right though... I am confused by this. Too many questions come to mind, I'd like to ask you in, ur, person."

"I'm glad to see you agree with upgrading Lexi's, ur, home. She would've outgrown the Solace, if it had survived... it's time to address that. The idea of her capabilities being limited is not something any par...not something I'd like to see. As to the weapon systems..."

A video feed is added to the transmission, opening up on your console. She holds up her arms, rolling the sleeves of her flightsuit back. Her skin is covered in burnt skin tissue which stretches to reveal scars as she pulls up the cap that was covering her face. She turns her head to the side, showing two scars running down her face. She then pulls the cap back down, leaving the video feed on.

"Asking questions brings attention. Attention brings with it those who don't like questions... I'd rather not go through what I've been through again. So, I'm looking to add a defense matrix to Lexi's systems. I'll level with you, both in terms of physical weapons and an electronic warfare package... something to, ur, scare the monsters away. I do not en...enjoy conflict, but when it comes knocking... I hope you understand."

::Transmission Terminated::

RE: | To: Canaan Research Team | RE: A Special Request | - Avision - 06-28-2015

[Image: freya_a.png]
Thallia, my dear, what has happened to you after we've last met? *the woman looks unusual concerned.* Questions always results to suspicion. You should be more careful. You should be a lot more careful. Don't forget the present we have given you, we have given Lexi. It will be fatal if this technology fall into the wrong hands. *Freya sounds like a mother talking to her child.*
Where are you currently my dear and who did this to you?
[Image: freya_end.png]

RE: | To: Canaan Research Team | RE: A Special Request | - Thallia Thorn - 06-30-2015

[Image: p4JjBLJ.png]

"He...hello Freya,"

"I, ur, trust that your questions were answered satisfactorily when our pa...paths crossed near Freeport 11; that our issues were
[::Redacted---Purged::]."

Thallia crosses her arms, with a bit of a frown on her face. "I appr...appreciate your concern Freya but, ur, despite recent events I know we can look after ourselves in a tight spot. Lexi will not fall into the wrong hands, I assure you... precautions have and are being taken. As this re... request hopefully proves." She leans back in her chair a little.

"As you asked I'm, ur, staying in the Omicron region until Alex gets in contact. Thank you for accepting my request to, ur, integrate Lexi into the 'Aceso' and set up some systems. I am very grateful to Canaan."
[Image: oMIVZWQ.png]

RE: | To: Canaan Research Team | RE: A Special Request | - PKPower - 06-30-2015

[Image: alex_incoming.png]

Good day to you miss Thorn, hello Freya,

So you already arrived in the omicrons? That's good, as we are almost done with the preperations for the analysis and the scans on Lexi. If you want us to help you this is a nessecity, because we need to calculate the amount of hardware we need for Lexi's "new home". After that we will also know what the minimum vessel size would be to accommodate both you and Lexi. Of course the final decision still has to be made by you. As for your lesions we might also be capable of some technology to cure them or at least reconstruct your...

He pauses shortly and seems slightly embaressed while seeking for the right words

... reconstruct your aesthetic value...

He seems to rethink his previous statement before adding

... no offense.

When you have recieved this transmission this means we are ready to meet you any time. We would advise a remote location.

[Image: alex_end.png]

RE: | To: Canaan Research Team | RE: A Special Request | - Thallia Thorn - 07-01-2015

[Image: p4JjBLJ.png]

"Go...good day Alex,

I'm grateful for both the, ur, help with Lexi and the conversation that we enjoyed yesterday. It was in...interesting to learn more of the Canaan group and your... urm... nature.

Now that you currently have possession of Le...Lexi and are in the process of assessing and, ur, 'fixing' her... I find myself extremely nervous. Pl..please let me know what is going on, what you have found... how she is? Is her core programming untouched? What're you doing to her? Have you had to add anything? Are you safe? Is SHE safe?"

Thallia paces across the screen for a few moments with an expression of nervous apprehension. She takes a few deep breathes.

"Just, ur... let me know how it's going...please...

[Image: oMIVZWQ.png]

RE: | To: Canaan Research Team | RE: A Special Request | - Thallia Thorn - 07-03-2015

[Image: KKApD3k.png]

RE: | To: Canaan Research Team | RE: A Special Request | - PKPower - 07-03-2015

Good day to you miss Thorn,

He appears on the screen looking slightly tired but wearing a warm smile

The work on Lexi is going great. Her programming appears to be really cooperative and user-friendly.

He leans back in his seat and relaxes a little

At this point we're almost done with the work on her, just some minor tweaks to keep her from overloading again. Might take one or more days though.

Just don't worry all too much. I can personally assure you that everything is in order, and we're trying our best to let her core-programming as original as possible.

You will hear from us as soon as there further news.

He gives her one more comforting smile before ending the transmission

RE: | To: Canaan Research Team | RE: A Special Request | - PKPower - 07-08-2015

Hello miss Thorn.

After our final conversation was cut short yesterday, I am contacting you to once again assure you that everything went as planned and maybe give you some forther advice about Lexi's new core.
All of the small, faulty overclocks have been taken care of. The memory is built to last quite some time and space for future expansions of the programming is accounted for. Furthermore Lexi can now execute programming on her own, the only requirement being a simple conversation.

He smiles; warmly, but also proudly - knowing of what he had helped creating

If you have any further questions just send a quick transmission.
I wish you all the best for your future and you can always come back of you should need help.