Discovery Gaming Community
Graphical Improvement - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Graphical Improvement (/showthread.php?tid=13109)

Pages: 1 2 3

Graphical Improvement - Lt.Cmdr.Olsav - 10-17-2008

Well i have run Freelancer forever, settings always cranked, but I was wondering if there was a discovery compatible mod that improved the graphical quality, adding perhaps a couple new bells and whistles to improve an already good looking game.

or if this is just a pipe dream let me know.

or even if there are non-disco compatible mods oculd someone direct me

Graphical Improvement - kindred - 10-17-2008

Shattered Worlds Mod has some stunning visual upgrades from vanilla freelancer.

Graphical Improvement - gemini - 10-17-2008

Content edited by request of Shattered Worlds, and rightly so ... DO NOT POST anything like this again please.

Graphical Improvement - Kazyumi - 10-17-2008

Care to share this with the rest of the community?

Graphical Improvement - Nightmouse - 10-17-2008

Just what I was thinking

Graphical Improvement - Gamazson - 10-17-2008

Do not discuss that on the main forum please. If you want to go and copy bits of shattered worlds into your copy of discovery, you can't be stopped, least of all by me, but it would be nice if you showed discovery's competition a little respect. Those guys have helped out members of the discovery dev team and visa versa. There is still potential for that continue, don't polarize them against the comunity.

EDIT:

I came off a bit strong in that statement. What I mean was do not discuss copying the shatterd worlds starsphere's and etc into your discovery client on the open forum. They put allot of hours into that work and would not find the prospect of discovery players cannibalizing thier mod too thrilling. I have made this mistake elsewhere its not a very nice thing to do.

As for discussing what you would like in upgraded discovey starspheres or organising doing your own work, no problem! Discovery does need to up the graphic's a bit thanks to mods like plasmafire or shattered Worlds.

Graphical Improvement - Lt.Cmdr.Olsav - 10-18-2008

Actually, are there any plans for a graphical improvement in 4.85?

since i think what is needed is some way to upgrade the background textures, in some spots at my resolution they go grainy, also some ship textures like Viper MK2 as opposed to the Viper MK1 the level of detail is way different.

Also, ~Gemini~, when you say jumpgate and tradelane effects what do you mean?

Graphical Improvement - Gabrielle - 10-18-2008

Will 4.85 support DIrectX10 and 4x Antialiasing ?

/sarcasm, old game get over it.

Graphical Improvement - n00bl3t - 10-18-2008

' Wrote:Will 4.85 support DIrectX10 and 4x Antialiasing ?

/sarcasm, old game get over it.

It is. However, we will try to improve the graphics as much as possible.

Graphical Improvement - Forsaken - 10-18-2008

*post removed, the moderators have resolved this issue.*