Discovery Gaming Community
75% Zoner /Freelancer gap - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: 75% Zoner /Freelancer gap (/showthread.php?tid=131671)

Pages: 1 2

75% Zoner /Freelancer gap - Adam_Spire - 07-17-2015

Is the 75% nerf really enough to keep pirating Freelancers from loading that ship with standard guns and having a really strong gunboat?

This is not a discussion about (add skill level here) in a Corvo vs (add skill level here) in any other gunboat or bomber.

This is just the potential of fighting a Gunboat with 1 million armor and near constant fire from their guns. Times that by 2 or 3 Corvos and its a small fleet action.

Help me understand this a bit better please

RE: 75% Zoner /Freelancer gap - Corile - 07-17-2015

Corvos don't have a CD.

RE: 75% Zoner /Freelancer gap - Neonzumi - 07-17-2015

(07-17-2015, 12:10 PM)Protégé Wrote: Corvos don't have a CD.

With that anyone can just cruise away from a Corvo if it doesn't have a CD'er with it.

RE: 75% Zoner /Freelancer gap - Thyrzul - 07-17-2015

Captain here. The Corvo has been deZonered for a while now. Check "Civilian Explorer" in FLStat for it's name used by the game (dsy_talarca) - as well as the infocard if you wish -, check the Techcompat Table, dsy_talarca is not under Zoner ship, nor Zoner caps, but Sirian-wide Civilian ships, which then has no nerf with Pirate ID. You're welcome. *flies away*

PS: Not even with CAU8 does it have 1 Million armor.

RE: 75% Zoner /Freelancer gap - Antonio - 07-17-2015

Regarding 75%, it's better for independent pirates to take an Asco or Tridente and mount basics than fly Condor or Montante with Zoner (or any other faction) guns.

Concerning Corvo, I don't see it as a Pirate vessel because of not having a CD.

RE: 75% Zoner /Freelancer gap - Lythrilux - 07-17-2015

No more nerfs related to the corvo please. The last one ruined gunboats for everyone else.

RE: 75% Zoner /Freelancer gap - sindroms - 07-17-2015

The corvo also cannot keep up with transports due to cruiser thrust speed.

It is basically the same why you do not see people pirating in dessies a lot. Just imagine the same, but with lower DPS guns and shorter effective range.

RE: 75% Zoner /Freelancer gap - Adam_Spire - 07-17-2015

For some reason I thought the Armor upgrade did go up to x5.0 but its only x4.0
No CDs is a big help to removing a main pirating feature as well as slowing it down.
I am tempted to see how those work in a defensive measure. Gun spread may be a factor.
I'll stick with the Kusari and BW gunboats then until I have enough money to spend on the Zoner GB.

Honestly. Thank you everyone.

RE: 75% Zoner /Freelancer gap - Fluffyball - 07-17-2015

Have you tried pirating with Corvo? You will know there are better ships to do so and pose actual threat. Corvo is just... Support Fire in this case, aside of having pretty big core. I used to have a Corvo, but I scrapped the ship.

In terms of the combat, I believe this is the very first vessel that could be classified as a frigate-size vessel.

This ship however costs 4x more than a gunboat, mind that. Also, without CD, this ship cannot pirate alone, what helps to focus onto cooperation.

And actually, Corvo is a pretty slow and big target to be efficiently killed by two bombers. I see no issues here.

RE: 75% Zoner /Freelancer gap - Adam_Spire - 07-17-2015

(07-17-2015, 03:28 PM)Fluffyball Wrote: Have you tried pirating with Corvo? You will know there are better ships to do so and pose actual threat. Corvo is just... Support Fire in this case, aside of having pretty big core. I used to have a Corvo, but I scrapped the ship.

In terms of the combat, I believe this is the very first vessel that could be classified as a frigate-size vessel.

This ship however costs 4x more than a gunboat, mind that. Also, without CD, this ship cannot pirate alone, what helps to focus onto cooperation.

And actually, Corvo is a pretty slow and big target to be efficiently killed by two bombers. I see no issues here.

Thanks fluffy for +1 in a thread that needed not a single one of your furry comments when everything was answered and explained and understood.