Discovery Gaming Community
Return to Normality - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Return to Normality (/showthread.php?tid=1317)

Pages: 1 2

Return to Normality - Kane - 07-25-2006

Anyone remember that comic I said I was going to be makeing (Or trying to anyway)?

Well, here's a link if ya don't.

Anyway, i've got the first part done. The pages are a bit big, so i'll just post the link to 'em.

[Image: part1page1th1.th.jpg]
[Image: part1page2yk8.th.jpg]
[Image: part1page3gx4.th.jpg]
[Image: part1page4ns0.th.jpg]
[Image: part1page5zv5.th.jpg]
[Image: part1endnn8.th.jpg]

And that's the first part. Don't know how many parts i'll make, but I figured that the intro is better then nothing.

Return to Normality - Badger - 07-26-2006

It's looking good Kane. The Half-life 2 engine seems to be pretty excellent for machinima, it will be interesting to see where this story goes :0)

A couple of points of creative criticism (if you don't mind, of course) - maybe try a different font, all the windows default ones are quite ugly especially for comics. A very good source for some font styles to give it a more professional look are available from Blambot.com, I believe quite a few free ones are offered. And the other thing was frame edges, it can be difficult to see where one picture ends and another begins when there's an abundance of dark colours. Perhaps try outlining every other frame, or just the inset ones with a thin white border to make it really stand out.

Hope that helps, I'm anticipating how this develops and unfolds in future installments :0)

Return to Normality - Korrd - 07-26-2006

Nice.
Also, try to use rounded dialog boxes... Those look nicer...

Return to Normality - Chucc - 07-26-2006

cool stuff, I too look forward to the later installments. I have never played Half-Life, so I don't know wnything about it or the system. Its all fresh to me!!!

:yahoo:

Return to Normality - Kane - 07-26-2006

Well, it was my first comic ever, and the thing was edited and produced with Paint... :$

Yeah, i'll be looking into different picture editors in the future. Might even port the pics over to my Mac and use on of the editors over there.

Return to Normality - MrSns - 07-27-2006

hey m8 i live the game half-life, but i only played it on PS2 (i think we r talking about half life?), and i was not so good at it either, but i enjoyed it =)

Return to Normality - gezza999 - 07-28-2006

Kane,Jul 26 2006, 09:17 PM Wrote:...picture editors...
[snapback]27755[/snapback]
Photoshop!! :D

BTW: I havn't managed to see the comic yet. :( It loads too slowly...

Return to Normality - Nightfall - 07-28-2006

Awaiting next episode Mr. Kane...

Return to Normality - Kane - 07-28-2006

Hmm... Your right Gezza. Imageshack seems to be a bit slow in showing these things. Might have to find a different host for 'em.

As for the next episode, expect it... sometime. I work on these as an on-off kinda thing. Sometimes I feel like doing it, sometimes I don't. It varies.

Return to Normality - Davey Jones - 07-28-2006

Nice :) I've seen some of these video game comics they can be very kool :) Hope it goes well, Love to see more :D