Discovery Gaming Community
Rephack change requests? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Rephack change requests? (/showthread.php?tid=131800)

Rephack change requests? - Karst - 07-21-2015

edit: Also consider this a discussion thread about how rephack requests are handled, or rather, are not handled.

I am out of options here.
The rephack adjustment, -0.3 on both sides, was approved in a previous mod version, which should tell you something about how long ago it was.
The ALG side does work, the Bundschuh side does not.
Vipex gave me a completely nonsensical argument of "Bundschuh staging from Dortmund" which obviously isn't possible. I supplied the original approved request and nothing came of it.

This is totally unacceptable. I have literally been waiting for years for this to actually work. I just want to make a faction friendlier to another faction than they were before, something we should be able to do.

I am not going to submit another player request which will be ignored for six months or poke tired admins repeatedly.
Just bring back the thread. And make Bundschuh and ALG mutually dockable.

Edit again: Just to make this clear, I want to make public how rephack requests, which were previously dealt with in a thread of their own in a timely manner, are now not dealt with at all.
At least I have the skype of a couple admins and can sort of poke them, which doesn't seem to help much anyway. But we used to have a thread dedicated to this. It used to be visible to everyone if they failed to implement rephack requests in a timely manner.
Lyth has made a thread about faction perks which kind of touches on this matter, as rephack requests were also subjected to the mantle of invisibility designed to hide the incompetence of the staff to implement such things.

Well. Here's a public thread requesting such a change. It is not a player request that will be ignored for seventy million years, just a simple post. Just so that the average community, who doesn't have access to the secret sections of the forums, can see.

RE: Rephack change requests? - Auriec - 07-21-2015

Hey Karst,
Rephacks are usually admin matters, so I could only tell you the reasons that were given when similar requests have been denied in the past. Maybe you should consider that your request may have met second thoughts that led to it being denied and that ultimately caused that it is not implemented to this day while other requests that require even less work are.
The word "Probably" on the post back then wasn't just decoration. I considered that fairly obvious, but apparently it's necessary to point it out.

RE: Rephack change requests? - SpaceTime - 07-21-2015

Shouldn't these second thoughts be shared with the two faction leads?

RE: Rephack change requests? - Auriec - 07-21-2015

Definitely. Maybe it vanished into the depths of the work the admin team has to put up with. Not that these errors should happen, but they can happen. But I do not know the exact circumstances, as the request that I've been linked to is either deleted or invisible, so probably in a section that only the administration can access.

RE: Rephack change requests? - Karst - 07-21-2015

This doesn't help me at all. Was it processed or not? And if not, why?
And most importantly, why is that thread gone?

They may not have been taken care of quickly in the old system, but at least they were tracked.

RE: Rephack change requests? - Shinju - 07-21-2015

All completed requests are moved to the special Archives. Only Greens can see it, so I guess they discussed it and voted.

RE: Rephack change requests? - Highland Laddie - 07-21-2015

Well, if Green voted, it would be courteous to inform all relevant parties of the results and why.

RE: Rephack change requests? - Wildkins - 07-21-2015

(07-21-2015, 03:29 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: Well, if Green voted, it would be courteous to inform all relevant parties of the results and why.

what is this moon logic you speak of