Discovery Gaming Community
The Community's... most used shield type - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: The Community's... most used shield type (/showthread.php?tid=132197)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Community's... most used shield type - DragonRider - 08-01-2015

The Community's...
most used shield type

Positron, Graviton and Molecular. The three shield types each with it's strengths and weaknesses.
Choosing the correct shield is essential to your success.
Or not.

Wait, do people even think when choosing the shield type?

I go with Graviton. Just because it sounds cool. Also most of those shields are called "Champion". If they call it that it must be good, right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure to check out and vote in the other polls!
Your favourite ship class/es
Your least favourite ship class/es
The Community's... preference: lawful or unlawful

Also leave you suggestions for more polls!

RE: The Community's... most used shield type - Mímir - 08-01-2015

I mostly use the one that's good against lasers.

If I am on an unlawful ship for duels in Liberty, I use the one that's good against Magma Hammers.

Can't remember what they're called.

RE: The Community's... most used shield type - Fluffyball - 08-01-2015

You are telling me there's actual difference between shields, yes? I can't say if I saw any difference between those, even in vanillia.

RE: The Community's... most used shield type - Swifty - 08-01-2015

(08-01-2015, 06:34 PM)Fluffyball Wrote: You are telling me there's actual difference between shields, yes? I can't say if I saw any difference between those, even in vanillia.

lol, learn to read then.

I use all of them, depending of where i'm going what i know i'm going to fight. But mostly Graviton.

RE: The Community's... most used shield type - Moberg - 08-01-2015

Different shield types can increase/decrease the damage you take from certain weapon types.
Plasma weapons, for example, deal 75% damage against Molecular and 90% damage against Positron shields, but deal 110% damage against Graviton shields.
The various shield descriptions you see upon selecting your shield can give you a hint what the shield is most/least effective against.

Personally, I have no favourite shield type. What shield I pick on a character always depends on what weapon types I am going to face in my ZOI the most. If I am mostly facing plasma weapons, as an example, my preferred shield would be the molecular shield.

RE: The Community's... most used shield type - Wesker - 08-01-2015

Graviton is the best all around I find, its also very good on caps.

RE: The Community's... most used shield type - Antonio - 08-01-2015

I don't think a shield type will decide if you live or die but I mostly use graviton shields because vanilla.

RE: The Community's... most used shield type - Thunderer - 08-01-2015

The Graviton used to be the best because it protected better against 4 weapon types, and worse against 2, while the ratio with orders was 3-3. I think Graviton has been fixed now, but people still buy it as a habit.

RE: The Community's... most used shield type - nOmnomnOm - 08-01-2015

My friend taught me to get gravitation so i just kept on doing it for default setups.

RE: The Community's... most used shield type - Traxit - 08-01-2015

Is there a chart of shields and their weaknesses and strengths?