Discovery Gaming Community
Cap fighters vs Snub figthers, "balanced" fights? why so much qq? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Cap fighters vs Snub figthers, "balanced" fights? why so much qq? (/showthread.php?tid=132238)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Cap fighters vs Snub figthers, "balanced" fights? why so much qq? - Wesker - 08-02-2015

This whole "snub superiority caps are for massive s****** go snub or go home loser" thing is something ive noticed since ive joined disco. Its really odd, like why cant both just get along? Both ship classes take skill to fly, as false as it may sound, it does take effort to fly gbs in group fights with crusiers riding you 5feet away, and it takes effort to fly crusiers with battleships 1 foot behind you.

Its really stupid when people just go on about how battleships, crusiers, and gunboats are totally worthless and should be deleted. I don't go around saying snub players are garbage why do they get too say the same about caps?

On top of that things like, dual missile gunboats, solaris turrets, and other aspects of fighitng with caps gets nerfed to garbage. I mean does it really make sense inrp that 4 fighters are capable of taking down a battleship? (with cau8 and ive seen it happen no i wasnt the guy in the battleship).

I don't think it makes sense, take away someone elses fun because you got killed and are butthurt over it? What are you 12?

On top this, "fair fights" are something that also annoy me. InRP it makes no sense that someone would let 1 snub fight 5 people 1 at a time and kill them all off. Its stupid when I fly into NEW YORK OF ALL PLACES and a HF battleship tells me not too shoot a LABC and let the 4 VHFs kill it for the sake of "fairness". Are you kidding me? And then they get steamrolled and its no fun for the people getting steam rolled at all. It takes away the fun in natural raids when im on snubs or caps, things like the LR getting a massive force to bring to liberty is stuff that you need a big force to counter that makes larger fights and that makes them more fun imo.

You bring a snub to a event were there are 5 gbs on one side, then EXPECT TO GET SHOT, don't QQ when you have 88888888888888888888 primary turrets shooting you. The same goes for caps if you bring a GB to an event with 999999999999999 dessies than don't QQ you brought that ship there you should expect that.

As I see it "fair fights" are an excuse for people with more skill, because they know in a "fair fight" they will win vs if neither sides hold back they will have to put in effort to win.

Just my thoughs this, might sound like im angry, im not; I wanna see peoples opinions on this.

RE: Cap fighters vs Snub figthers, "balanced" fights? why so much qq? - Mímir - 08-02-2015

The reason why we all hate caps is that any clown can turn up in the middle of an ongoing snub fight, sit still and let autoaim do the work, and totally and utterly waste the effort any snub pilot put into it. Not so long ago, the cap could share his bots and bats with snubs too. To top it off, a lot of cap pilots will then go on a rant about how they are full of skill and how other players should just get good, as if they ever knew what that really means.

The reason the "hate" is one-way is exactly that. One lone fighter can hardly do anything to spoil a cap brawl, whereas the most useless of useless cap pilot can easily wreck the fun the snub pilots were having.

It would be better if it was two seperate worlds. Caps with slow guns unable to ever land a hit on any snub, no matter how effective autoaim is. Then buff cap armor so that snubs can't really bring it down. We can then completely ignore each other. Unfortunately that's not how the balance is, so we rely on gentleman-agreements.

Good nightSmile

RE: Cap fighters vs Snub figthers, "balanced" fights? why so much qq? - Blodo - 08-02-2015

Rant thread? People just get annoyed when they get overkilled I guess. I don't really care either way, but overkill is just way too easy for me so I'll ignore targets that can't do damage to me most of the time when I fly caps. Nothing to do with skill, everything to do with the fact that I prefer a challenging fight, it's way more fun that way. Some people just need to try it, is all.

RE: Cap fighters vs Snub figthers, "balanced" fights? why so much qq? - Yber - 08-02-2015

(08-02-2015, 11:29 PM)Wesker Wrote: blub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl_6q557AkY

RE: Cap fighters vs Snub figthers, "balanced" fights? why so much qq? - SnakeLancerHaven - 08-03-2015

Because back in 4.85, Caps were the real deal, you had no real Turret Steerings, caps were just staying frontal opposite to each other shooting with Primaries and Mortars 8| That's why not many used Capital Ships because 1st they were hard to get (you needed Guard rep and that took realy long, doing missions) 2nd they were hard to fly, thus many people prefered Snubs over Caps.

Now it's like everyone and their dogs have Caps and they use it in every single Battle. Forehand in 4.85 you actually thought about which Class of ship I should log, before entering a fight.

RE: Cap fighters vs Snub figthers, "balanced" fights? why so much qq? - Titan* - 08-03-2015

(08-02-2015, 11:29 PM)Wesker Wrote: I mean does it really make sense inrp that 4 fighters are capable of taking down a battleship? (with cau8 and ive seen it happen no i wasnt the guy in the battleship).

It is like 4 ww2 plane with 20mm gun, destroying Yamato into pieces. Devs think 4 fighter can penetrate Battleship/Cruiser armor.

Also they think it is easy to fly capital ship and destroying other capital ships, I want to see how pro snub player flying a capital ship. They think it is soo easy this is why they say "bring snub u noob big a** ship and I keel u"

Just let them cry.

RE: Cap fighters vs Snub figthers, "balanced" fights? why so much qq? - TheFreelancer - 08-03-2015

(08-02-2015, 11:29 PM)Wesker Wrote: This whole "snub superiority caps are for massive s****** go snub or go home loser" thing is something ive noticed since ive joined disco. Its really odd, like why cant both just get along? Both ship classes take skill to fly, as false as it may sound, it does take effort to fly gbs in group fights with crusiers riding you 5feet away, and it takes effort to fly crusiers with battleships 1 foot behind you.

Its really stupid when people just go on about how battleships, crusiers, and gunboats are totally worthless and should be deleted. I don't go around saying snub players are garbage why do they get too say the same about caps?

On top of that things like, dual missile gunboats, solaris turrets, and other aspects of fighitng with caps gets nerfed to garbage. I mean does it really make sense inrp that 4 fighters are capable of taking down a battleship? (with cau8 and ive seen it happen no i wasnt the guy in the battleship).

I don't think it makes sense, take away someone elses fun because you got killed and are butthurt over it? What are you 12?

On top this, "fair fights" are something that also annoy me. InRP it makes no sense that someone would let 1 snub fight 5 people 1 at a time and kill them all off. Its stupid when I fly into NEW YORK OF ALL PLACES and a HF battleship tells me not too shoot a LABC and let the 4 VHFs kill it for the sake of "fairness". Are you kidding me? And then they get steamrolled and its no fun for the people getting steam rolled at all. It takes away the fun in natural raids when im on snubs or caps, things like the LR getting a massive force to bring to liberty is stuff that you need a big force to counter that makes larger fights and that makes them more fun imo.

You bring a snub to a event were there are 5 gbs on one side, then EXPECT TO GET SHOT, don't QQ when you have 88888888888888888888 primary turrets shooting you. The same goes for caps if you bring a GB to an event with 999999999999999 dessies than don't QQ you brought that ship there you should expect that.

As I see it "fair fights" are an excuse for people with more skill, because they know in a "fair fight" they will win vs if neither sides hold back they will have to put in effort to win.

Just my thoughs this, might sound like im angry, im not; I wanna see peoples opinions on this.

I agree with you, they do require skill

(08-02-2015, 11:37 PM)Mímir Wrote: The reason why we all hate caps is that any clown can turn up in the middle of an ongoing snub fight, sit still and let autoaim do the work, and totally and utterly waste the effort any snub pilot put into it. Not so long ago, the cap could share his bots and bats with snubs too. To top it off, a lot of cap pilots will then go on a rant about how they are full of skill and how other players should just get good, as if they ever knew what that really means.

The reason the "hate" is one-way is exactly that. One lone fighter can hardly do anything to spoil a cap brawl, whereas the most useless of useless cap pilot can easily wreck the fun the snub pilots were having.

It would be better if it was two seperate worlds. Caps with slow guns unable to ever land a hit on any snub, no matter how effective autoaim is. Then buff cap armor so that snubs can't really bring it down. We can then completely ignore each other. Unfortunately that's not how the balance is, so we rely on gentleman-agreements.

Good nightSmile

People who do that are just looking for blues, I honestly hate when people do that, but then again, a few snubs can easily take down a large cap, but look at it this way:
If you're a cap pilot that specifically sets up your ship to be anti-snub, thats what its designed for, may not be fun for the snub(who could easily run if they had some CM's and because theyre faster, get away, because really, if i was in a fighter, and i see a battleship, with solariuses approach, i would get out of there as dfast as possible!!), but still, if you set it up for anti-cap, you're never going to hit the snubs, unless you get a lucky shot or they get too close/sit still, in that case, you can stick around, maybe annoy the cap a little, or run if you feel like it! (I also agree with most of what you said, but tbh, you should notice an appraching cap very quickly!)

RE: Cap fighters vs Snub figthers, "balanced" fights? why so much qq? - pillow - 08-03-2015

(08-02-2015, 11:37 PM)Mímir Wrote: The reason why we all hate caps is that any clown can turn up in the middle of an ongoing snub fight, sit still and let autoaim do the work, and totally and utterly waste the effort any snub pilot put into it. Not so long ago, the cap could share his bots and bats with snubs too. To top it off, a lot of cap pilots will then go on a rant about how they are full of skill and how other players should just get good, as if they ever knew what that really means.

Good nightSmile

Good guy Mimir saves the day again.

Everything said in the above post is true and I really have nothing else to add besides the fact that I really would like that two-separate-world thing to be included.

Smile

RE: Cap fighters vs Snub figthers, "balanced" fights? why so much qq? - sindroms - 08-03-2015

(08-02-2015, 11:37 PM)Mímir Wrote: The reason why we all hate caps is that any clown can turn up in the middle of an ongoing snub fight, sit still and let autoaim do the work, and totally and utterly waste the effort any snub pilot put into it.

Make snubs not interact with caps and the other way around, make caps cost just as much as snubs and everyone will be happy then?

Of course not. Nobody is ever happy.

RE: Cap fighters vs Snub figthers, "balanced" fights? why so much qq? - Mímir - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 01:04 AM)sindroms Wrote: Make snubs not interact with caps and the other way around, make caps cost just as much as snubs and everyone will be happy then?

I'd rather that snubs (at least the good ones) cost as much as caps. There's too many credits and ships per player.

(08-03-2015, 01:04 AM)sindroms Wrote: Of course not. Nobody is ever happy.

True.