Discovery Gaming Community
Online Navmap (v5.0, thread updated 10.10.2023) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: Online Navmap (v5.0, thread updated 10.10.2023) (/showthread.php?tid=132266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: In-browser Navmaps (v4.88, in development) - TheFreelancer - 08-04-2015

(08-04-2015, 03:30 PM)Fluffyball Wrote:
(08-04-2015, 03:27 PM)TheFreelancer Wrote: I like it, but under brauschweig theres a system called LXP 48N, Idk, i see that system on FLcompanion too, but its completely empty!
But great work!!1

I think it doesn't recognize the other plugin, which puts systems into separate sectors.

Bastille and Conn are not visible on the "inRP" sector map as well.

hmm, maybe thats what the galactic map is......., but they just get confuzzled

RE: In-browser Navmaps (v4.88, in development) - Error - 08-04-2015

@Fluffyball It's completely inaccessible from the game itself - minus singleplayer using the console or save editing, of course - unless you've had a ship in there since before v4.87 was released; the jump hole in Tau-63 is one-way to Chugoku, and there are no jump holes into the system. So it has indeed been completely removed from the game experience, but it's still in the game files to prevent server crashes.

-

And thanks, @Glis and @TheFreelancer! Glad to see people like it after having worked on it for quite a few hours. LXP 48N does indeed unfortunately overlap Braunschweig, and I don't think anybody outside the dev team knows what it's for (yet). I'll go move it down to the corner along with Bastille and Connecticut, I suppose.

EDIT:
(08-04-2015, 03:30 PM)Fluffyball Wrote:
(08-04-2015, 03:27 PM)TheFreelancer Wrote: I like it, but under brauschweig theres a system called LXP 48N, Idk, i see that system on FLcompanion too, but its completely empty!
But great work!!1

I think it doesn't recognize the other plugin, which puts systems into separate sectors.

Bastille and Conn are not visible on the "inRP" sector map as well.
Quite correct; it doesn't care much for the multiverse plugin (yet). Tongue

I'd rather have all systems on one page for simplicity and speed. I'll move LXP 48N down in a few minutes.

EDIT2: Done! It's now down to the left with Connecticut and Bastille.

RE: In-browser Navmaps (v4.88, in development) - Tarator - 08-04-2015

Very well done.

I've been using the old one for a while, but it seems its a bit outdated.

RE: In-browser Navmaps (v4.88, in development) - Error - 08-05-2015

(08-04-2015, 05:26 PM)Bloxin Wrote: Very well done.

I've been using the old one for a while, but it seems its a bit outdated.
Thanks! Smile

Would you happen to have the names of any outdated systems so that I may update them? Most of them are fine, as far as I know, as they were taken in April, and I don't believe there have been any significant system layout changes since then (minus the incoming Omicron Zeta changes). I've also been comparing it against the new, up-to-date version quite a bit over the last week and haven't spotted any significant differences yet as far as I can recall.

I do, however, know that the universe map has some outdated connections, but I haven't got a drop-in replacement for it yet, unfortunately.

PS: Added autocompletion to the search field, by the way; still got to figure out a way to handle the identically named systems, though. They are all accessible as usual by using the universe map directly instead of the search field.

RE: In-browser Navmaps (v4.88, in development) - Error - 08-19-2015

Small service announcement: The latest mod version should finish uploading to the server and be ready to go in half an hour or so if everything goes to plan; I'll update this post as soon as it's done. Another thing to note is that autocompletion and all bases have been added to the search input box since last time, so if you're wondering which system a base is in you can type it in and it'll take you there in a second or so.

EDIT: We're live! Report any bugs you may encounter here as usual; any further overnight patches and bugfixes will be uploaded tomorrow morning (approx. 0900 SMT 20.08) this evening (~1800 SMT) when I get home again.

EDIT2: Shows infocard numbers and plane-relative locations for all objects now.

RE: In-browser Navmaps (v4.88.1 Module 1.3 Final, updated 10.11.2015) - Wixelt - 11-10-2015

Finally. I had to remake my account and get it re-verified due to it having been created after the reset point. That said, good work getting as much of the thread back as you did.

EDIT: I did notice that the link to your map isn't on the site bar. Is there anything we can do to get the mods to restore that?

RE: In-browser Navmaps (v4.88.1 Module 1.3 Final, updated 10.11.2015) - Error - 11-10-2015

Yup, made sure to get a copy of it from my laptop's Firefox cache and rebuild the formatting as soon as it was announced that there were no backups; really didn't want to lose the to-do list and change log. As for the link: Probably, I just haven't gotten around to asking yet, as I presume they are already quite busy as it is right now. I'll go make a post in the appropriate thread shortly, though, as I know more than a few people were using that link; thanks for the reminder! Smile

RE: In-browser Navmaps (v4.88.1 Module 1.3 Final, updated 10.11.2015) - BOB - 11-10-2015

Error, I don't have browser history for whatever reason, could you post a link to the browser navmap?

RE: In-browser Navmaps (v4.88.1 Module 1.3 Final, updated 10.11.2015) - Error - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 10:59 PM)BOB Wrote: Error, I don't have browser history for whatever reason, could you post a link to the browser navmap?
Yup, of course! http://map.mrawr.net (or http://471.no/Discovery-Navmaps/); they are both at the top of the first post in this thread for future reference. I'll ask to get the header link put up again. Smile

RE: In-browser Navmaps (v4.88.1 Module 1.3 Final, updated 10.11.2015) - The Savage - 11-23-2015

Okinawa is erroreously depicted as Kusari, while Okinawa belongs to Sigma Borderworld both rulewise and politically it is a GMG contested system.