Discovery Gaming Community
Inactive Players Wipe - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Inactive Players Wipe (/showthread.php?tid=1325)

Pages: 1 2

Inactive Players Wipe - Igiss - 07-28-2006

During the next week, we are going to wipe all characters that haven't been online since May 1. If you haven't played any of your characters since that time, please log on at least once to preserve characters from being deleted. There is no way we can specify certain players who won't be deleted, and no way to recover deleted player files.

No refund for the wipe is guaranteed, unless you will prove some special circumstances that prevented from visiting server.

And, by the way:

work on Discovery 4.80 first beta is underway, and later I'll inform you about progress.

Inactive Players Wipe - Dab - 07-28-2006

I'll try to get those systems finished up then. :)

Inactive Players Wipe - Wolfpack98 - 07-29-2006

Note to everybody:

I will be performing the player whipe about Wednesday at 6:00pm GMT (12 Noon Central Time). If you have characters you have not played with in over 60 days, PLEASE log in or risk losing them.

I will be migrating to the new server sometime this weekend, so that I can free up the old server for other uses. Expect a 6-hour down time while we do the migration.

Thanks in advance.

Inactive Players Wipe - Teaboy - 07-29-2006

is there any way you can back up the stuff so it can be restored at a later date?

Inactive Players Wipe - Dab - 07-29-2006

Igiss,Jul 28 2006, 02:56 PM Wrote:work on Discovery 4.80 first beta is underway.
[snapback]27950[/snapback]

Got Hessen completely done except for Base NPCs. Same state for Risha and Char'ruko. I'm working on the Kusari system right now, and if I get that done in time I'll start a Liberty system.

Inactive Players Wipe - {RhinelandMillitary}Derek - 07-29-2006

"Discovery 4.80 beta underway"

Yipee you guys rock keep goin! :D

Inactive Players Wipe - Vo - 07-29-2006

Someone doesn't know how to quote. x)

Inactive Players Wipe - Wolfpack98 - 07-29-2006

Teaboy,Jul 29 2006, 07:53 AM Wrote:is there any way you can back up the stuff so it can be restored at a later date?
[snapback]27971[/snapback]

What are you talking about, Teaboy ?

Inactive Players Wipe - kiggles - 07-30-2006

I think he means is there anyway to back up your chars and restore later wich Igiss already said if you don't go on then they will die.

Correct me if I am wrong Teaboy.

Kiggles :cool:

Inactive Players Wipe - Wolfpack98 - 07-30-2006

kiggles,Jul 29 2006, 05:10 PM Wrote:I think he means is there anyway to back up your chars and restore later wich Igiss already said if you don't go on then they will die.

Correct me if I am wrong Teaboy.

Kiggles :cool:
[snapback]28010[/snapback]

If you haven't gotten in in the past 60 days

Then no. We won't have a backup for this. Cause after the player whipe, it's final. We're not deleting *ALL* accounts. All you have to do is log in at least ONCE for five minutes to keep your account. (You have to log in with all of them i think, i'm not sure).

I'm not gonna restore to a backup where we have 1800+ accounts and half of them aren't used anymore.