Discovery Gaming Community
Quick thought! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Quick thought! (/showthread.php?tid=13250)

Pages: 1 2 3

Quick thought! - Walker - 10-23-2008

Since we always have a problem calling in reinforcements...

How about some type of Flare Gun? Make it a missile, maybe a Cruise Disruptor... which has No range and makes a big flash of light that is visible from most distances.

Quick thought! - Ximen_Benitez - 10-23-2008

OOh that could be cool.

The ammo and stuff would have to be very cheap

And would it take the slot of a cruise disrupter or something? I don't know if it'd be worth it if it did. Maybe if ships had them automatically built in or something... I dunno

EDIT: That would also be a fun toy for trying to escape:D You engine kill, turn around and shoot a bunch of them, then cruise off!:P

Quick thought! - Walker - 10-23-2008

Perhaps have Light Fighters as them?

Or maybe add It as a Counter Measure?

Lolno... "EAT MY COUNTERMEASURE"

"MY EYES! MY EYES!"

Well how COULD we make this work?

On a side note too...
How about a Torpedo that has a semi-large blast radius maybe 200 meters? 300? has almost no turning rate, but a semi respectable range and speed equal to a Nova.

Quick thought! - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 10-27-2008

It would need a realllllly bright flash effect, similar if you're 10k away from a sun.

Quick thought! - kingvaillant - 10-27-2008

dunno if it is feasible... could be, if you use the lighting effect of a sun (if possible)

but it could be abused by some to.. lag the server, unless it has a long refire rate (ten seconds)

Quick thought! - Xing - 10-27-2008

a missile launcher with only 1 ammunition each time, or a CM launcher producing a flare extremely bright.

the problem is, those close to it will lagg perhaps to log out of server. idea is good, but probably not too practical.

Quick thought! - Walker - 10-27-2008

If I remember one mod had a Black Hole in New York called the "Nexus"

They had Supernova Torpedo's who's blast radius covered one side of your screen to the other.
And alot of people used them and fired them... But never lagged out.

Quick thought! - Dab - 10-27-2008

' Wrote:Since we always have a problem calling in reinforcements...

How about some type of Flare Gun? Make it a missile, maybe a Cruise Disruptor... which has No range and makes a big flash of light that is visible from most distances.
Effects have the same visual limitations ships do.. That is, 15km. Passed 15km you can't see it, so a flare wouldn't do anything. An explosion could be big enough to hurt a ship 50km away.. But an explosion's visual effect won't.

Quick thought! - Walker - 10-27-2008

Exactly... We don't exactly need it to be seen from halfway across the system...

Just be seen from somewhat far away.

Quick thought! - Dab - 10-27-2008

' Wrote:Exactly... We don't exactly need it to be seen from halfway across the system...

Just be seen from somewhat far away.
But if they are within range to see the explosion, they would already have you on scanners.