Discovery Gaming Community
Geoff's Sound Dev Work - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: Geoff's Sound Dev Work (/showthread.php?tid=133296)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Geoff's Sound Dev Work - Geoffacake - 08-23-2016

(08-22-2016, 10:53 AM)Corile Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 02:13 AM)Geoffacake Wrote: What if i told you one of my sources were freesound.org along with many others and paid sound packs too?
then i'd say you're probably violating the license

Things like the new Tokyo ambience were for my enjoyment only and pretty much the only time I actually did use a sounds within some mixes. But because that also uses a trademarked songs and jingles from Japan Rail east, it clearly wasn't going to be put in disco anyway. Things like the weapons and engines I used paid sound packs that I've purchased so I'm free to use and modify them to use in content like disco or I just grab my microphone and record sounds such as hitting a metal baking tray against dense objects such as my sister. -snip- So please, if you feel that saying my efforts are in vain and that the devs should swap to a free sound source without atleast some proper form of constructive feedback unlike "stop" or "worse than me". Make your own thread to show your efforts of Sound-FX content , that is if you can be bothered without writing another (now obviously redundant) leaving thread; please do so. Id be able to give constructive feedback (and definitely nicer) to you.

Also I'd like to be clear there's aren't going to replace any vanilla objects using vanilla sounds. The videos where I do use vanilla objects are being used so I don't need to create a separate entity because that's where I become lazy.

RE: Geoff's Sound Dev Work - sindroms - 08-23-2016

When it comes to content creation, constructive criticism is valued. However both giving and receiving it in a civilized fashion is required and expected. The last few posts were nowhere near that. Think twice before pressing the Submit Reply button.

RE: Geoff's Sound Dev Work - Geoffacake - 02-10-2017

Gatling sound

Apparently the original one was something like a debris explosion, pitch kicked up further than the Eiffel tower and doesn't even have its own sound file.

Something a quickly clipped together and adding its own sound path within the INI's

RE: Geoff's Sound Dev Work - Geoffacake - 03-01-2018

Dear capital ship pilots and sound modders...

I know i've been away for quite a while and my input on discovery on terms of development has been quiet and questionable at best which makes me question why I still have this title. Never the less... I am working on something.

Its always been a goal for me that Discovery separates its sound files from fighters and capital ships on their weapon grounds. I tried by force but it seems i might have to take a more covert approach. new sounds obviously didn't bring good results like the last time, so what I'm developing is something i call "Modder's salvation." and its the complete separation of weapon pathing for capital ship weapons yet only copying the original game sound files.

No new sounds will be made, existing files will be copied for these weapons to source their sounds from.

its a pretty much a "Change everything yet keep it the same" kind of approach. Currently this is the solution i have planned. A serate folder will be created to house all these sound files, they'll be copied from the vanilla sound files in game. If anyone wishes to mod capital ship weapons that they sound like artillery guns, they suddenly won't make laser pea shooters found on fighters also sound like gustav-the-railway-cannon.

this might take a while but hopefully i might get this tedieous thing done as i have to filter through every capitalship weapon in the game so it will differently take time. Don't expect miracles.

- Some half-alive non-offical dev team member

RE: Geoff's Sound Dev Work - Geoffacake - 03-02-2018

Cap sounds separation, demo 1

This is pretty much a quick rundown of what my proposal is within a test client.
Its my first commentary on developing so hopefully people understand what the intentions were within this modification.

RE: Geoff's Sound Dev Work - sindroms - 03-02-2018

If you want to do something a little bit more productive, please fix the already existing sounds, especially for hit noises for cap weapons, which are louder than any other sound in the game at this point. Anyone playing with headphones will thank you.

RE: Geoff's Sound Dev Work - Alex(Pineapple) - 03-02-2018

(03-02-2018, 02:53 PM)sindroms Wrote: If you want to do something a little bit more productive, please fix the already existing sounds, especially for hit noises for cap weapons, which are louder than any other sound in the game at this point. Anyone playing with headphones will thank you.

The most loud and annoying thing in Disco was those LP sirens. If you were chilling in conn and someone randomly turned them on, RIP headphones.